Awoo.

Sonic Classic Collection

Indigo Rush

There are 115 million DS handhelds. I'd be surprised if there were still more than 115 thousand Nomads. All of which are NTSC consoles produced for the North American market exclusively.

The only one of those that is even remotely valid is the PSP, which isn't even true anyways because:

And since 1994, that includes two handhelds. One of which was a bulky impractical thing that 2/3rds of the world never even got, and the other one of which only has Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 on it anyways.

WAIT A MIN, how isn't the gamecube NOT count, Or the ps2 when those said games on BOTH systems? I can understand people not having nomads....... It's old. But you telling me people don't own GCs.. and if they DIDN'T if you own a wii, then you can STILL play those games on it. But this is pointless... nobody is going to change my view that this is POINTLESS. I don't see the point in remaking games that have been remade for every system since the death of the Sega.G. I'm sorry.. I just can't see it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

WAIT A MIN, how isn't the gamecube NOT count, Or the ps2 when those said games on BOTH systems?

Because the entire point of this collection is that you can have all of the Genny games on a handheld. It doesn't matter if the Saturn and XBox and PS2 and Gamecube and Wii and 360 have all had their own collections, because none of them are actually handhelds and thus the comparisons are moot.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's still a waste of time, and I bet at least half these kids have at least ONE of the other systems. Thats all I'm saying.

Look we get what you're saying, even I dislike the idea of another port of the classics.

But you are missing a big point.

I cannot take my console on holiday... nor can I take it on a day out... nor can I take it on the bus.

But I can with a handheld like a DS.

• Thumbs Up 1

Look we get what you're saying, even I dislike the idea of another port of the classics.

But you are missing a big point.

I cannot take my console on holiday... nor can I take it on a day out... nor can I take it on the bus.

But I can with a handheld like a DS.

I understand this. This I DO get. It does NOT how ever change my view or thought on how pointless it IS. I dunno, handhelds don't even hold that much care in me anyhow. I have a DS yes, I rarely play it tho. I also have a PSP... but I rarely play THAT too.. and I LOVE sony. I guess it's just me. I want something NEW. I am NOT going to pay another X amount of bucks to play games I beaten when I was in 4th grade. I don't see myself rebuying the same old games from the 1990s. If everyone else is fine with it that's kool. I'm just saying my thoughts. I would rather buy something new then something I beat 20 years ago on ANY system.

Edited by tinokunx
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

I am NOT going to pay another X amount of bucks to play games I beaten when I was in 4th grade.

Then don't. It's not like anyone is forcing you to.

Like others have said, this is the first time that the classic games are being released on a hand held that can actually be used as one, save Sonic 1, which was in the Genesis collection for PSP.

I won't be buying it. I'm not really into handheld gaming to be honest. The only reason I bother buying handhelds such as the DS is because it's the only way to be able to play certain games. For example I'm a huge Zelda fan and the only way I'll be able to play Spirit Tracks is on my DS. I really wish there was a "DS Player" for Wii that worked like the Game Boy Players for the SNES and GCN did. I know it technically might not be possible because of the dual and touch screens though. Anyway my point is if I can buy and play something for my home console rather then a handheld then I'll always choose the home console version. I've got no problem with the product itself though. If portable classic Sonic is what you want then go for it. I just don't see any reason for me personally to care enough to rebuy the classics yet again. I might be game if there were extra levels or extra boss fights though (fat chance <_< ).

I bet at least half these kids have at least ONE of the other systems.

What about the other half? Should they be deprived of classic Sonic? Your argument isn't very good. It's like you just expect everyone to own a home console. There are plenty of kids out there that just own the DS.

I understand this. This I DO get. It does NOT how ever change my view or thought on how pointless it IS. I dunno, handhelds don't even hold that much care in me anyhow. I have a DS yes, I rarely play it tho. I also have a PSP... but I rarely play THAT too.. and I LOVE sony. I guess it's just me. I want something NEW. I am NOT going to pay another X amount of bucks to play games I beaten when I was in 4th grade. I don't see myself rebuying the same old games from the 1990s. If everyone else is fine with it that's kool. I'm just saying my thoughts. I would rather buy something new then something I beat 20 years ago on ANY system.

What....are you even trying to say here? Nobody's forcing you to buy anything.

Hell, I'm not even going to buy this game, but I still think it's a brilliant idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

What about the other half? Should they be deprived of classic Sonic? Your argument isn't very good. It's like you just expect everyone to own a home console. There are plenty of kids out there that just own the DS.

What....are you even trying to say here? Nobody's forcing you to buy anything.

Hell, I'm not even going to buy this game, but I still think it's a brilliant idea.

WHOA I can't have a thought and express it? I'm just saying it's a waste. IMHO I know noone is forcing this down my face. If I'm not being too clear I'm sorry, I was just expressing my thought on the whole idea. Nothing more.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The fact that it's on the DS is the only thing preventing it from being entirely pointless for the most part. It's kinda cool to have (provided the game doesn't become the next Sonic Genesis), but I don't think I'll buy it.

This is taking me back to the leaked info about that 'Best of Sonic collection' for PS3 we found out about a few months ago. It has so much potential and I only wish I actually knew what was on it so I could see if it was worth the buy.

The fact that it's on the DS is the only thing preventing it from being entirely pointless for the most part. It's kinda cool to have (provided the game doesn't become the next Sonic Genesis), but I don't think I'll buy it.

This is taking me back to the leaked info about that 'Best of Sonic collection' for PS3 we found out about a few months ago. It has so much potential and I only wish I actually knew what was on it so I could see if it was worth the buy.

Is that the info where the dreamcast games was 'posed to be on the PSN? If so I kindof remember that.

Edited by tinokunx
  • Thumbs Up 1

To be honest, I could remedy the fact it's on other systems by selling all the collections and keeping the originals.

And use the money from selling the collections to buy this DS one to play the games all portable like.

Wow, that is one beast of a combo we got in the status update box xD. I wonder how this game will utilise both screens though, dual screened Genesis action would be immense.

If they use it. The game might just play like Sonic Rush. But if they do decide to utilize both screens, the closest I can think of is Sonic running between the two screens.

Edited by A.C.193

I don't think that'll be possible with the level design etc. I think Screen 2 will be used for stuff like the name of the level or game and by bosses, HP.

So, did anyone hear how this might be $99 dollars from the press release that was leaked? I mean, I REALLY hope somebody made a horrific typo, because that's just insane if it's not. Also, this is incredibly 'meh', to me. I mean, sure, it IS portable, which is nice, but the games selection, even for the DS, is incredibly skimpy. I mean, I can understand not putting in Sonic CD, but not even something like Ristar? Are you KIDDING? No Flicky, no Comix Zone, no Blue Sphere?

Also, I hope these will be actual emulations and not just 'reimaginings', to put it kindly, like Sonic Genesis was.

You, and about 657,385,424 other have gotten confused. The $99 pricetag was about a massive Collection on the PS3.

Everybody :P Welcome to Project Needlmouse.

Rofl.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being able to take Sonic 2, 3K and others out and about with me! (Not so much one...iPod Touch caters for that). This is a classic collection I'l be picking up, providing they are good ports mind you.

You, and about 657,385,424 other have gotten confused. The $99 pricetag was about a massive Collection on the PS3.

Oh yeaaaaah. I remember that breaking news. In any event, Thinking about how they use the DS screens will be something to see. Tho the only real good way of using those and not pissing off the classic fans, will be to only make use of it during the special stages. Mainly the ones from sonic 3. It depends. And hopefully they have better controls than the PS3 version. As I think the button press to input is a bit off on the PS3. I have the collection on PS3 and PS2... and it's a bit better on PS2 as the button input is spot on. But am I the only one with the PS3 collection?

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, I hope these will be actual emulations and not just 'reimaginings', to put it kindly, like Sonic Genesis was.

They have to be. Hopefully Sega won't completely fuck everything up like they did then, but the DS is much too compromised, even if it was powerful enough, to run the games well enough emulated to sell them.

http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2009/12/01/sonic-classic-collection-debuts-on-the-ds/

Looks like it's confirmed, guys.

For the first time ever, the original games from legendary gaming icon, Sonic The Hedgehog™ will be coming to the Nintendo DS™ system early 2010. Sonic Classic Collection™ gathers together the first four Sonic The Hedgehog adventures - Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles - introducing some of the most influential Sonic titles to a whole new generation of gamers exclusively for the DS.

sonic

Sonic Classic Collection allows fans both old and new to speed through the much loved zones of the four original Mega Drive adventures, in a bid to collect the chaos emeralds and save the world. Optimised to take full advantage of the Nintendo DS system, Sonic Classic Collection will feature a new save anywhere feature, a first in this original series, meaning that the games can be enjoyed anywhere, anytime! Gamers will also be given the chance to expand their knowledge with a wealth of extras including video and collectable pictures that are sure to be fan favourites.

4150565748_c1e714cd4f_m.jpg4150565404_81da654775_m.jpg4150565030_1ab3483722_m.jpg

The game will be released in stores March 2010. Any idea why Knuckles and Sonic are in the same level there?

Edited by bolt7

4150565748_c1e714cd4f_m.jpg4150565404_81da654775_m.jpg

The game will be released in stores March 2010.

The heck is Sonic doing in Knuckles' story.

New modes? Oh dang.

Save anywhere, eh? That's... actually very clever. People are going to be complaining about it being easier, I'm sure, but to me there's nothing worse than being interrupted in the middle of a gaming session without the ability to save. Just give me spindash and spike mercy invincibility in Sonic 1 and boss health bars on the unused screen and this might be the most awesome thing in the history of ever.

Save anywhere, eh? That's... actually very clever. People are going to be complaining about it being easier, I'm sure, but to me there's nothing worse than being interrupted in the middle of a gaming session without the ability to save. Just give me spindash and spike mercy invincibility in Sonic 1 and boss health bars on the unused screen and this might be the most awesome thing in the history of ever.

It's a good idea, but it's hardly a new feature is it? All of the Xbox Live versions let you save anywhere, it's just SEGA trying to re-market the same shit over and over again. I'm not objecting to Sonic on the DS either, but as I posted on their Facebook link thing you can buy Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles on Xbox Live for less than £16 (which includes online play, graphics filters and the Sonic 3 & Knuckles lock-on feature.) This will most likely come out at £20+, it's a rip.

I doubt it's new modes we're seeing either, of all things it's most likely a glitch. Sonic just appears to be standing there...

introducing some of the most influential Sonic titles to a whole new generation of gamers exclusively for the DS.

Rofl. exclusively for the DS? riiiiiight.