Awoo.

Sonic Classic Collection

Indigo Rush

Press up to move the barrel up.

Press down to move the barrel down.

Not to turn this into yet another barrel argument, but the control were so odd because jumping on in SEEMED to have the same effect and at no other points in the game are you required to use up and down to move.

...What is it actually? O_o

Oh :o , didn't realise you meant you haven't got past it yet.

Yeah as Blue Blood just said you have to stand on the barrel and use up and down to move the barrel.

Oh :o , didn't realise you meant you haven't got past it yet.

I have. I played Sonic 3 on Sonic Jam. And thanks :)

Edited by Vasco

If you think that's bad I was literally stuck on the Sonic 3 Barrel part for 2 years... TWO YEARS. I didn't have internet back then and it never crossed my 8-10 year old mind. Then again Sonic & Knuckles Collection for the PC was literally my first actual video game ever (as in, non-educational).

Edited by Dusk the Christmas Keeper

Bah, that barrel's the thing that binds us all together. No matter how bad the new-vs.-classic or voice actor debates have gotten, a single mention of the barrel is guaranteed to send everyone into 'Nam flashback mode.

If anything, they should change the barrel so it's the only thing in the entire game controlled by the touch screen.

Really, though, there should be whole page in the back of the manual that explains the barrel in giant, obnoxious letters. It'd be good for a laugh.

SCC_FRONT_12_2_lrg.jpg

U.S. get's a MUCH MUCH MUCH better box art.

U.S. Press Release

Game get's an E rating too.

Product page

Your release date has also been upgraded from Spring, 2010 to March, 2010 like everywhere else in the world :D

EDIT:

Eversonic have hi-res pics of the logo, screenshots and French boxart.

E rating? Wow. I'm impressed.

If you think that's bad I was literally stuck on the Sonic 3 Barrel part for 2 years... TWO YEARS. I didn't have internet back then and it never crossed my 8-10 year old mind. Then again Sonic & Knuckles Collection for the PC was literally my first actual video game ever (as in, non-educational).

I'm embarrassed: I didn't beat Sonic 3 until just a few years ago. So 10 or so years, I suppose. And even after all that, I still found out how to solve the barrel on accident.

Heck yeah, American box art. I wish the box art was the same throughout, though. Green Hill Zone background is win.

French gaming site Gamekyo seem to think the game is coming out in Europe 5th March 2010. Even if their guessing they at least have the Month right and the 5th is a Friday which is when games are released in Europe.

Link

I always have done the barrel by jumping, and I've beaten the game several times.

I only recently found out you can do it by pressing up and down too.

This resulted in a lot of facepalming for my wasted time.

The US boxart looks great. I'm getting that verson xD. But I hope they, uhh, grey down the colors a bit. I think thats the right way to say it >_>. It reminds me of the Winter Olympics boxart pics. I dunno if that boxart was different than the pics, though..

But whats so special about it being rated E? Or was that sarcasm? It seems normal to me o.o...

It's a minor detail, but if the American boxart remains as shown and the UK boxart does too then I'll import the game. =P

Lazy box art is lazy.

Taking an old Sonic Channel artwork (which is anachronic compared to the games, though this is nothing new) and slapping it against a background of GHZ? They could have at least come up with new art. Not that I care about the box art (so I don't get why people are going to import it for that reason alone), just commenting because everybody seems to love it.

I'll play a ROM of this game to see whether it sucks ass or not, and then I might consider it.

From past experience, importing DS (and GBA) games not only lets you get them sooner but is ultimately cheaper! It's win-win really. And if it is more expensive then then we're talking £5 which is nothing.

From past experience, importing DS (and GBA) games not only lets you get them sooner but is ultimately cheaper! It's win-win really. And if it is more expensive then then we're talking £5 which is nothing.

Which is probably why Nintendo decided to be douchebags and make it so you won't be able to do it anymore for some games.

Which is probably why Nintendo decided to be douchebags and make it so you won't be able to do it anymore for some games.

DSi game only. And this is a DS game so I've no worry. But yeah. Nintendo pulled a nasty move right there..

Why are you guys so worried about it? The DS game shouldn't be a problem as what Sonic Genesis GBA was. Also, The DS is FAR more powerful than the GBA. Do not worry.

EDIT: The games should fit on one screen.

Edited by Adek

It doesn't have anything to do with how powerful a console is, considering the GBA was more than adequate to handle a port of Sonic 1. It's ultimately up to how much effort they put into it.

It doesn't have anything to do with how powerful a console is, considering the GBA was more than adequate to handle a port of Sonic 1. It's ultimately up to how much effort they put into it.

I think "handle" is being too generous, given the terrible framerates that made the game almost unplayable, and the awful remixes.

I think "handle" is being too generous, given the terrible framerates that made the game almost unplayable, and the awful remixes.

I think he's talking about Stealth's port of the game rather than the shitty one that Sega did. Stealth's proof of concept port showed that with a little effort the game could indeed run almost perfectly on the GBA. Check it out here.

As for the Sonic Classic Collection, as long as the Sonic and Kncukles lock on is supported I may just consider picking it up at some point, but if like Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection it's not there, then it can go straight to the bargain bin for all I care.