Awoo.

Sonic Music Critics Wanted!

T-Bird

Oh man, if I could have gone over 200 words, my review would have been better haha. I realized now I failed to elaborate on my point about green forest/white jungle, it is there and is kind of wtf.

Congrats to you two though! Hope you guys do well =D

Ah well, congrats guys. I have to say I agree with their reviews too. I hated Planetary Peices (not as much as this but still) and like Shooting Star more than the original Riders. Good Choice T-Bird!

I'm not trying to be an blocking asshole or anything, but one of those two went way over 200 words and I thought the only criteria was to keep it under. I mean if you were going to bend the rules you could've let everyone else know. That seems kind of unfair for others who did stay within the limit. :(

Anyway, who were the other two who were considered?

EDIT: I got a negative rep just for pointing out that they bent the rules? You guys are so silly (and I know who did it too). :lol:

I thought that keeping the review under 200 words was a guideline, and not an actual rule; I personally believe that if most users stop reading after the first 200 words (like T-Bird said) then it would be their loss, not mine. Besides, T himself must have read to the end of my review despite it being over 350 words, and I know this due to the fact that he commented on my "Planetary Faeces" line. So there.

In any case, I think that you only retorted to the immense bulk of my review due to the fact you were jealous of me winning. [/gratuitous big-headedness] :P

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Well, at least I tried.

Oh who am I kidding, my attempt was awful. Oh well, congratulations to JezMM and Hux Flux Deluxe. You deserved it.

Well, at least I tried.

Oh who am I kidding, my attempt was awful. Oh well, congratulations to JezMM and Hux Flux Deluxe. You deserved it.

Ah come on guys - there were loads of good reviews, and as I said it was very hard to choose! The 200 words was a guide, as I stated - I basically wanted to stop people writing reams upon reams! Hux's got picked because his review didn't follow an orthadox path, it was funny, and amusing, and that keeps people reading! Jez used a format of review similar to how I want to set out with nice justification.

Anyway, there you go! Look forward to some awesome front-page music reviews!

T

I thought that keeping the review under 200 words was a guideline, and not an actual rule; I personally believe that if most users stop reading after the first 200 words (like T-Bird said) then it would be their loss, not mine. Besides, T himself must have read to the end of my review despite it being over 350 words, and I know this due to the fact that he commented on my "Planetary Faeces" line. So there.

If it was a guideline, I don't see why he had to make it that clear that it should've been under 200 words. He even said himself that afte 200 words he would stop reading it, so he kind of bent the rules if he's willing to read over that number.

Plus, a lot of us are very good at giving reviews ourselves, and had we knownn that it was a mere guideline instead of a rule laid out we could've really set ourselves apart. But I digress. It's not something to fuss about, just something I wanted to point out. B)

In any case, I think that you only retorted to the immense bulk of my review due to the fact you were jealous of me winning. [/gratuitous big-headedness] :P

*Shoots Hux's big head*

Yeah, how's that for jealousy, punk? :lol:

The 200 words was a guide, as I stated - I basically wanted to stop people writing reams upon reams!

Dude, you said it was the limit, not a guide. We all read it crystal clear.

Hux's got picked because his review didn't follow an orthadox path, it was funny, and amusing, and that keeps people reading! Jez used a format of review similar to how I want to set out with nice justification.

Yeah sure, whatever. B)

*mumbles under his breath*

EDIT: Hey wait...T-bird said he needed three or four people. So spill it, who are the other two, dammit?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Hm, I thought my context-based analytical style would work, but I'm no sore loser, so congrats to the winners.

Edited by SuperStingray

Jeez, some people really are sore losers...

I mean sure, I wanted to win, and yes, I did wonder about the three to four part... but hey, it's T-Birds choice, and he made it, so I say congratulations to Hux Flux Deluxe and JezMM, you two deserved it. I only wish my review was as good as either of those ones.

Edited by Spazzo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really awesome idea, Sonic games have had incredible music throughout it's long history. Too bad I decided to join too late, I would have loved to have been a part of this. Ah well.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if I'm late to the party here, but even when the games have been bad, the music of Sonic has always been a soft spot of mine (I even have selected tracks from Sonic 4's soundtrack on my iPod, despite bashing the hell out of it).

I'd be very willing to contribute.

Quick question... Are you still accepting people? If you are then I will write a review.

Wait. Nevermind... Crap. I wanted to be a sonicstadium member...

Quick question... Are you still accepting people? If you are then I will write a review.

Wait. Nevermind... Crap. I wanted to be a sonicstadium member...

I did say a little while back that I was going get others involved in soundtrack reviews. I will be soon, so keep your eyes peeled in this thread for an update about it next month.

T

I did say a little while back that I was going get others involved in soundtrack reviews. I will be soon, so keep your eyes peeled in this thread for an update about it next month.

T

well that's good to know! I love music so I was rather disappointed, but I still have a chance!

I'd also like to apply, though if it's too late or if I'm a bit too new to the place, I understand.