Awoo.

"Stay tuned" for Resident Evil 2 remake says Capcom

Patticus

A Capcom representative at American convention WonderCon hinted that a Resident Evil 2 remake could be on the way.

When asked about the possibility of a Resident Evil 2 remake, Capcom representative Mike Webster said "Stay tuned, we absolutely understand that these are classic games," he said. "Some announcements that you will be very interested in [are on the way]."

Lets celebrate good times, come on!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Patticus

• Yong

• Remy

• Demonoroth

Top Posters In This Topic

You kidding me.

It would be sweet if they did. Hell the RE2 remake would completely trash RE5. Well atleast it would for me. There's just something that really bothers me about RE5 I hate Chris his looks. I hate the damn woman that's along for the ride. The inventory managment is completely aweful and it's just to much action orientated and lost it's creepy feel. Sure only played the demo but that's what I'm getting from it. RE4 had a good balance and from the demo RE5 is going over the limit.

RE2 remake hell sign me up for that.

That would almost be as sweet as seeing Judas Priest, Megadeth and Testament in one and the same evening.

Hmmm...wait forget about that last part got that already covered.

If they take the original and give it GCN graphics and 180 turn I'll be satisfied. Given they already did most of the work already in RE0 and Outbreak it was inexcusable not to do a remake to begin with.

If they do another RE4 I'll be disgusted.

If they just rerelease the old PS1 version for the Wii I'll be even more disgusted.

I'm not surprised since RE4 did so well so it would be natural for them to remake that. I would buy it since I only played RE4 and I never played RE2.

Resident Evil 2 easily has to be my favourite Playstation 1 game I have ever owned.

It would be a realy dissapointment if the remake was awful becuase any other remakes that have been made I wasn't really intrested in them, please don't screw up Capcom.

Edit: Has anyone got any idea what console(s) it will be released on?

Edited by Phil

I hope they don't remake the game and use the RE4 camers style. Sure, it's a nice bonus option but playing RE2 with that camera angle would be...strange.

Conversely, having never played a static camera Resi game, I would find it quite rubbish playing with it. How are you supposed to aim when you aren't even looking down the barrel of your gun?

Would be so, so awesome. I'd prefer it to play like RE4, but would still love a remake in the vein of the original RE on the GCN.

I'd like to add that I would be much more comfortable with the static camera set-up if Wiimote aiming were to be introduced to make shooting baddies much easier.

Conversely, having never played a static camera Resi game, I would find it quite rubbish playing with it. How are you supposed to aim when you aren't even looking down the barrel of your gun?
Not even REmake? Oh Dharharn... you've missed out on cool shit. :(

Ultimately, I think it's imposssible to go back to fixed camera RE now, I recently tried doing a seires playthrough, but ended up stopping during RE2, just couldn't take the tankness of it all. :( Yes, I know jthe reason you can't fucking move properly is the main reeason it's scary but dudes, do you really want to go back to that?

On the other hand, I can't see RE4 style working unless they triple the amount of zombies. Arrg.

Ultimately, I think it's imposssible to go back to fixed camera RE now, I recently tried doing a seires playthrough, but ended up stopping during RE2, just couldn't take the tankness of it all. :( Yes, I know jthe reason you can't fucking move properly is the main reeason it's scary but dudes, do you really want to go back to that?

If we're specificly talking about the controls here, then it's fallen on deaf Japanese ears. Everyone has always been a "tank," even as RE5 approaches. The tank controls work better for that fixed camera position. But my opinion is the reverse of yours. Those tank controls should be ditched for the newer games.

If we're specificly talking about the controls here, then it's fallen on deaf Japanese ears. Everyone has always been a "tank," even as RE5 approaches. The tank controls work better for that fixed camera position. But my opinion is the reverse of yours. Those tank controls should be ditched for the newer games.
I agree with you entirely. Our opinions are not opposite. RE5 feels archaic, I can't even manage to get through the old games anymore. Whatever they do with this remake, it'll probably annoy me, so whatev.

I was more of a fan of RE3: Nemesis since that got me into the series but either or a remake for RE2 might be cool but still I would like to see the Nemesis again in better graphics like in RE Umbrella Chronicles that would be sweeeeeeeeet :D.

I agree with you entirely. Our opinions are not opposite. RE5 feels archaic, I can't even manage to get through the old games anymore. Whatever they do with this remake, it'll probably annoy me, so whatev.

As long as RE2 gets the same treatment as RE1 it could be a successful remake. Just some better graphics and better coreographed cut-scenes. Throw in the 180 turn and I'd be satisfied.