Awoo.

[Wii] A Boy and His Blob

Patticus

boy_and_his_blob_wii.jpg

Majesco Entertainment today announced the development of a boy and his blob for Wii, a new title based and expanding upon the 1989 NES title.

Developed by WayForward, the new title promises "groundbreaking" hand drawn painted animation technology and a cinematic feel.

"When a boy and his blob first appeared in 1989, it captured the imagination of gamers everywhere with its heart-warming storyline and unique gameplay," said Gui Karyo, Executive Vice President of Operations, Majesco Entertainment. "Twenty years later, we are proud to bring an updated - yet still charming - re-imagining of this beloved title to a new generation of Wii players."

An evil emperor has seized the throne of Blobolonia, and the fate of its inhabitants lies in the hands of the blob and a young boy he encounters when he crash lands on Earth. Players take on the role of the boy and must work with their new blob friend to solve puzzles, defeat monsters, and escape danger on Earth and Blobolonia.

Players can feed the blob jelly beans, activating his special abilities to transform him into helpful tools. These include a ladder, trampoline, parachute, cannon, shield and many more. Players will have to progress through 40 side-scrolling levels on their way to the Emperor's Citadel.

A boy and his blob is scheduled for release on Wii later this year.

Source

Gameplay Footage

Use that blob

Underground

Screens

AKKKINDZZV_3328282025_dc5fff52c0_o.jpgDT06U3ZMLH_3328282721_509237c034_o.jpg6E4UI9GGJ8_3328283107_a065bcdb32_o.jpg

61TXUG6NJP_3328284311_87a9223bcc_o.jpgL11YM2YP1V_3328284751_06e1fb1261_o.jpg4VDFG95U9E_3329116656_b72f3db620_o.jpg

3H844U6V4K_3329117762_6a6d87f07a_o.jpg8G78L968L5_3329120012_3903a96ba5_o.jpg

Pic.

More pic.

Another pic.

And another.

(Curse this tiny picture allowance!)

Those 2D graphics are almost obscenely beautiful, it actually looks like some sort of equivalent to Braid, though I'm sure playing it will reveal it to be a very different kind of platformer to that.

Edited by D'harhan

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Patticus

• Demonoroth

• Random Rhyme

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked a boy and his blob back in the day. I don't know why, I just did.

And while I'm glad to see this title get another shot...I kinda fear it'll end up as a disappoinment. Ah well guess I'll have to sit back and wait on some news before judging it. And yes those screens do look nice. Unlike 90% of the 360 and PS3 games this actually has some damn color in it.

And seriously D'harhan first you get my attention with RE2 remake and now this...you got anything else up your sleeve??? If you do I might consider giving you a banana for being so good for bringing me great news :D

you got anything else up your sleeve???

I'm thinking about making a Zero Punctuation thread.

Did you watch the videos? The game runs silky smooth, the music is outstanding and in all it looks like a thoroughly wonderful little game.