Awoo.

Problem with the Quote button

DarkOverord

quotedothnotwork.png

It's there, and if you click it it changes colour, but you click "Add Reply" and your quotes do not appear! I'm just checking if this is a problem with me or other people

(DO is running Firefox 3.5.5)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bmn

• DarkOverord

• Diz

• Remy

Top Posters In This Topic

The way it works for me is that I click every quote button belonging to the posts which I want to quote, then I click the Add Reply button either by the top right or the bottom right of the page. This way, all the toggled buttons let me quote the posts whom they belong.

Clicking the Reply button related to one single post will instantly bring you into new reply mode, quoting that post only.

The toggling of the Quote buttons makes the clicked image disappear though (the Unquote picture won't load for me somehow). That would be all.

I am running Firefox v. 3.0.15 (sorry, B'. Been lazy to update anything at all on this old XP machine, lol!)

Nonetheless, I wonder what causes your problem.

quotedothnotwork.png

It's there, and if you click it it changes colour, but you click "Add Reply" and your quotes do not appear! I'm just checking if this is a problem with me or other people

(DO is running Firefox 3.5.5)

Seems to work in the new skin, so it won't be a problem in future.

To be sure, the correct procedure for using multi-quote:

* Javascript must be enabled (not usually a problem - the Quote button will not appear if this is the case)

* Cookies must be enabled - multi-quote uses them to store the post IDs you are quoting.

* Single-click the "Quote" button at the bottom-right of one or more posts to add the PID.

+ You can move into different pages (or even different topics) without losing the PIDs.

+ The multi-quote cookie will be deleted at the end of the browser session - that is, when you close the browser.

* Click the "Add Reply" button near the top or bottom of the page (next to "Start a new topic").

+ The "Full Editor" page should load with the quotes inserted into the post textarea.

Try clearing your cookies and cache.

If you're having problems with the Quote/Multiquote/buttons in general on the dark blue Sonic skin (now known as SonicOLD), you should switch to the new Sonical skin (with lighter blue tones). I will not be fixing this issue as I am phasing out that skin design.