Awoo.

Sly Cooper series

CrownSlayers Shadow

I rather play Sly on my Vita than on my PS3. When I go on vacation, I can always load up Sly.

It's not like the Vita version is inferior as well, the PS3's graphics may still better but you can hardly tell the difference.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• Balding Spider

• Conando

• T-Min

• 2 months later...

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time Delayed to 2013

Sony has announced that Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will now be released in early 2013. Despite previously being slated for 2012, Sony broke the news that Thieves in Time will now be coming next year in the game’s newest gameplay trailer, seen below.

A reason for the delay hasn’t been revealed, and it’s currently unknown if this will affect the release of the Thieves in Time demo, which was scheduled to be included with the Ratchet & Clank Collection later this month. We’ve reached out to Sony to clarify and will update with any comment we receive.

Earlier today, Sony also revealed that buying Sly Cooper (and other games) on PS3 nets you the Vita version for free via its new Cross Buy promotion.

For more on Sly Cooper: Thieves in time on Vita -- and exactly how it will interact with the PlayStation 3 version -- check out our impressions from shortly before E3.

Source - http://www.ign.com/a...delayed-to-2013

Edited by Loser Weirdo Waluigi

The hell happened with Dimitri?

Fucking knew it man. Is there some kind of great disaster going down soon that only game developers know about? I mean with all those other delays happening....

@ChaosSupreme Sonic, You think he was just shown in the teaser for fun? He hasn't popped since.

Edited by Balding Spider

Its like all the games worth buying are all delayed until 2013.

Some gaming year this turned out to be.

There's still plenty of games worth buying in the last three months of 2012.

This personally doesn't bother me because it's one less game in my crowded fourth quarter to try and fit in.

Is everyone that afraid of a new console launch that they refuse to release anything within the 5 month span around said launch? Seriously, the fuck? Oh well, I guess I'll just have to buy all those Nintendo games instead.

Honestly, I'm glad it's getting delayed. Gives me the chance to save up money for a PS3.

• 1 month later...

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time coming February 5, 2013, along with pre-order bonuses.

t7YOy.jpg

After an unceremonious delay that had Sly Cooper fans reeling with anticipation, Sony has announced the final release date for the roguish raccoon's fourth adventure.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will launch in North America on February 5, 2013, and in Europe sometime in March. As announced back at Gamescom, Thieves in Time will support Cross-Buy, offering a PS Vita copy of the game for free when the PS3 version is bought digitally or at retail.

A few pre-order bonuses were also announced, including a Sanzaru Games monkey logo Para Glider and camouflage pattern Para Glider for Sly, and Murray's undercover Ultimate outfit.

Are you excited to join Sly, Bentley, and Murray on their first current-gen heist? Sound off in the comments below, and stay glued to PSU.com for all things Thievious Raccoonus.

Source: http://www.psu.com/a017033/Sly-Cooper--Thieves-in-Time-release-date-confirmed-pre-order-bonuses-revealed

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Pretty surprised about the apparent lack of interest in the game considering how popular the Sly series is(was?). Anyway new trailer fellow thieves:

Well this sounds like a good deal:

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time pre-orders for $40, includes bonus

It looks like Sly Cooper will be sneaking in well below the usual $60 retail price for PS3 games. The listings on Walmart, Amazon and GameStop all currently have Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time available for pre-order at $40. Not quite a five-finger discount, but certainly better than nothing.

Both Amazon and GameStop's pre-orders also include some in-game bonuses, notably new skins for Sly's para glider and a playable Seal Team Murray. It's also probably worth reiterating that Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time features Cross-Buy, meaning those who pick up the PS3 version get the Vita version for free.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/15/sly-cooper-thieves-in-time-pre-orders-for-40-includes-bonus/

I like how it's going on sale for 40$ instead of the usual 60$. Now I have next to no reason not to pick it up. Also good thing the vita version will be free so I don't have to buy the game twice.

BTW someone on youtube has the full first mission for some odd reason and it looks quite good:

• 2 weeks later...

So this animated short is pretty awesome:

Anyone else want a Sly cartoon now?

That would be my childhood's dream.

But really, that animation is simply glorious. It's pretty much all my nostalgia done justice in five minutes. It gives me a lot of faith that the people working on this game are putting this much effort into making this the greatest comeback possible for Sly. Sony is even giving it a lot of prominence and treating it like a big deal. It gives me the utmost confidence that the fine folks over at Sanzaru are going to make me proud...

You've got this Sanzaru.

You can do it.

You can make this amazing.

And do not I repeat DO NOT let this series go the way of Jak & Daxter, please.

(But eh, on another note, someone please make a screenshot of Muggshot's face at 3:03. :U)

• Thumbs Up 1

February 5th.

Give it all your money so we can get another one. :DDDDD

But...But...I don't have a PS3, and haven't played the originals........

Goddamnit I want to get into this series but it requires me to buy an expensive console........

That cartoon was amazing. I'd really love to see more of that in the future, just like everyone else. Practically was dying at the bathroom writing on the wall when Mugshot is in there "Sly Pooper Pees in Time" just out of the nature of it alone haha. But yeah, it's awesome seeing them in this kinda form and it works really well.

• Thumbs Up 3

That was pretty fucking amazing.

This got me interested in Sly again so I went and bought the second game off eBay. Thinking about getting the third one too while I'm at it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Checked the animation and first mission, and it's settled - I am no longer a fan of this series. At all.

I don't remember if the PS2 games were the same way (I was a kid at the time, so I hardly noticed legitimate flaws in games at the time); but the game is in desperate need of need of better writers, or the ability to shut the fuck up for ten seconds. All of the dialogue from that first mission just felt obnoxious and annoying as hell. The really loud and obnoxious voices ("THE MURRAY IS VERY LOUD AND GRATING ON THE EARS") didn't help either. Then there were the "sparks were flying between us (IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE THERE WERE SPARKS)" and "Murray crashed our reunion (IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE HE CRASHED HAHAHA LAUGH WITH ME THIS IS GOOD WRITING)" that I think physically hurt me. I got a chuckle out of the "Sly Pooper" easter egg, but that's about it.

The art style doesn't really appeal to me at all, the gameplay didn't really look particularly engaging or fun (even as Sly, funnily enough. I always remembered having fun with him (the other two were always shit though)), and I don't have any desire to even try playing it myself. It just looks so... dull. Overly simple to the point that it bores me, really. Trying to recall the PS2 games' gameplay doesn't really fill me with faith either, as I honestly can't even remember what it was that I liked about them when I was a kid.

I guess I've just grown out of the series (which isn't to say it's for children or anything; my personal preferences just changed with time), and that's a shame. I remember having a ton of fun with the PS2 games when I was younger, and they're definitely nostalgic, but good lord I never want to play them again.

Edited by Discoid
  • Thumbs Up 1

That was pretty fucking amazing.

This got me interested in Sly again so I went and bought the second game off eBay. Thinking about getting the third one too while I'm at it.

I actually played Sly 2 and it's a pretty great game, lots of fun gameplay styles and the open worlds are really cool, id recommend it.

The really loud and obnoxious voices ("THE MURRAY IS VERY LOUD AND GRATING ON THE EARS") didn't help either. Then there were the "sparks were flying between us (IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE THERE WERE SPARKS)" and "Murray crashed our reunion (IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE HE CRASHED HAHAHA LAUGH WITH ME THIS IS GOOD WRITING) that I think physically hurt me.

Meh, I think Saturday Morning Cartoon-esque cheesy and puny dialogue adds a fair amount of charm to it and gives it its own style. I don't really think the dialogue is meant tone taken to seriously.

Edited by Soniman

Meh, I think Saturday Morning Cartoon-esque cheesy and puny dialogue adds a fair amount of charm to it and gives it its own style. I don't really think the dialogue is meant tone taken to seriously.

Heh, I guess I'm just more a fan of the new TMNT and Gravity Falls branch of Saturday Morning Cartoon humor. I'm aware it wasn't meant to be taken seriously, I just didn't think it was very funny. At all. xD

• Thumbs Up 2