Awoo.

Sly Cooper series

CrownSlayers Shadow

I need my dash attack back with Murray. Instant stun / knockdown and a free stomp afterward into pain. Also the fire slam and fire thunder flop.

So good.

Edited by Chooch

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• Balding Spider

• Conando

• T-Min

Haven't tried it yet, but to be honest I'm not really looking forward to the other two's gameplays. I mean there fine and everything in the other games, but everytime I'm forced to play them, I just want to play as Sly again lawl.

I guess that makes me a wiener though

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel like playing the first three games now....sadly my ps2 brokeD: now I can't play my two favorite ps2 series. :(This, and youknowwhat.:P

Haven't tried it yet, but to be honest I'm not really looking forward to the other two's gameplays. I mean there fine and everything in the other games, but everytime I'm forced to play them, I just want to play as Sly again lawl.

I guess that makes me a wiener though

No, it makes you Dissident. >:/

But uh, so Murray's kinda bleh in this demo? That's...disheartening.

Edited by Eh I'll Go With T-Man

It's just weird because his uppercut is gone, and they don't have him do anything really. He just beats up some dudes and his segment is over. With Sly you're sneaking over rooftops, while with Bentley you're blowing up sewers and hacking a security system.

I feel like playing the first three games now....sadly my ps2 brokeD: now I can't play my two favorite ps2 series. :(This, and youknowwhat.tongue.png

You can always get The Sly Collection that came out on PS3.

I never played the Sly Cooper series until I got the collection.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

Okay, so.. I replayed the demo and found out why the uppercut was removed. It was because they buffed the stomp something ridiculous.

You don't need the uppercut anymore because stomp works on enemies anywhere at anytime. You don't need to launch them with an uppercut to hold them helplessly over your head and bring them the pain. Just stomp while they are in close proximity. This is why they lowered the range on the stomp from Sly 2 and 3 as well.

The spin attack is still ass tho'. I still need my dash attack too.

No, it makes you Dissident. :/

But uh, so Murray's kinda bleh in this demo? That's...disheartening.

Wait until he's in geisha drag

So I just played the demo.

That was fangasmic. It isn't a 1:1 recreation of the originals, but the gameplay really feels solid in its own way. You can really tell it's a labor of love, too. The level design was also great. Yeah, it's a bit simplistic, but what can you really expect out of a tutorial level? My main complaint is that some of the animations look a little bit silly, like walking on wires and such. It just looks kinda bleh. But other than that, it was freaking awesome.

You can always get The Sly Collection that came out on PS3.

I never played the Sly Cooper series until I got the collection.

I would but I gots no PS3. :( But I'm planning on getting one for the KH and Sly cooper HD collections. Along with a few other games.

Well I'm having a lot of fun with Sly 2 and the alternate gameplay styles are much, much less frustrating than those in Sly 1, unless it decides to pull some of the bullshit later on in the game that I'm currently unaware of like the motorboat minigame. I went ahead and bought the third game, so once it arrives I'll have the entire trilogy. Can't exactly play Thieves in Time without a PS3 but I've gotten interested again in the series thanks to the new game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised you haven't played the whole trilogy at this point...

I don't know if you've already made it pass this point, but if you're making less use of Bentley, Sly 2 will end up forcing you to use him at the midpoint of the game by keeping Sly and Murray captured by the Contessa.

So you might want to get use with him as much as you would Sly.

Sly 3 kinda goes a bit overboard with the alternate styles. Think of it akin to the Sonic Adventure series in that it makes you use other gameplay like the RC car and chopper, which can vary between fun and boring. Panda King is by far the most overpowered character to play as (which is probably why you don't use him as much), as a single fire chop can rid most foes you come across and don't get me started of the firecracker bazooka (i forgot what it was called...time to go to the wiki!).

Carmelita is a blast to play except for the targeting reticule needing to be maunally aimed at times, but the pistol isn't that hard to shoot.

And the swimming sections can get annoying...so yeah

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Other than Carmelita (who I'm guessing is only going to be playable in a few missions and then you can never select her again) I'm not really looking forward to playing as twelve hundred different characters in Sly 3. Sly 2's selection was good enough. I don't care about playing as some random boss from the first game or an RC car. I really only bought it just to complete the trilogy, I'm sure I'll have fun with it but I doubt I'll like it more than Sly 2.

Other than Carmelita (who I'm guessing is only going to be playable in a few missions and then you can never select her again) I'm not really looking forward to playing as twelve hundred different characters in Sly 3. Sly 2's selection was good enough. I don't care about playing as some random boss from the first game or an RC car. I really only bought it just to complete the trilogy, I'm sure I'll have fun with it but I doubt I'll like it more than Sly 2.

Sly 2's whole design of "investigate, steal, boss fight" gets old after the India level. Sly 3 is worse only because any reason to explore each level is gone; that and the horrid challenge levels.

Yeah, you're probably not going to enjoy it as much. Especially when it comes to the RC and swimming sections.

I think Sly 3 is a better game. The gameplay for the three main members of the team is more polished (and more fun) than Sly 2, there's more to do and the story is fucking great.

Edited by Chooch

I like Sly 2 because something about it feels less gimmicky than Sly 1. I suppose the level progression is more formulaic, but it's less frustrating than some of the bullshit the first game pulled on you on a far too frequent basis. Plus, you still spend the majority of the time playing as Sly himself. The thing I'm dreading in Sly 3 is just how much of that time is going to be spent playing as Sly, and how much will be spent playing as all the other characters. Even if he ends up having more missions than anyone else, I'll bet I'm just going to be wishing I was playing as him when I'm playing as Panda King or the Guru or... fucking Dimitri, seriously?

• Thumbs Up 2

I like Sly 2 because something about it feels less gimmicky than Sly 1. I suppose the level progression is more formulaic, but it's less frustrating than some of the bullshit the first game pulled on you on a far too frequent basis. Plus, you still spend the majority of the time playing as Sly himself. The thing I'm dreading in Sly 3 is just how much of that time is going to be spent playing as Sly, and how much will be spent playing as all the other characters. Even if he ends up having more missions than anyone else, I'll bet I'm just going to be wishing I was playing as him when I'm playing as Panda King or the Guru or... fucking Dimitri, seriously?

For the record, you only spend about 40% of Sly 3 playing as Sly. Most of the other characters' missions are well-designed - tbh I think Dimitri's gameplay is even more offensive than Big the Cat's - and some of them pretty freaking awesome (mostly The Guru), but it is kind of annoying in comparison to Sly 2. Even a lot of the missions with Sly, Bentley and Murray are spent doing things that aren't very platform-y. The gameplay is more polished and most of the gameplay styles work, but it seriously lacks the consistency that made Sly 2 so brilliant.

Basically, Sly 2 is a platforming masterpiece and Sly 3 tried a lot of experiments to keep the gameplay fresh at the expense of honestly not being quite as great. It's still awesome in its own right, though.

Edited by Eh I'll Go With T-Man

Just curious, do any of you guys expect the game to recieve positive reviews? Cuz I not really expecting it to.

I hate Sly 3. Those tank missions, OH I HAATTTEE those tank missions. Please I don't want to see those terrible tank missions again.

Just curious, do any of you guys expect the game to recieve positive reviews? Cuz I not really expecting it to.

It looks great so far, why wouldn't it get good reviews?