Awoo.

Is Sega intentionally shipteasing us?

batson

Sonic and Blaze having a romantic relationship hinted by SEGA? No such thing. Their relationship was that of two people working together well and their handshake at the end of SRA was purely symbolising them parting amiably.

If there ever was an explicit ship tease, it was Sonic X episode 52. Probably an infuriating one because Sonic's line in response to Amy the Natsu No Hi scene was purposefully muted. It was muted for a reason me thinks and that in itself is a fine example of a ship tease.

If there ever was an explicit ship tease, it was Sonic X episode 52. Probably an infuriating one because Sonic's line in response to Amy the Natsu No Hi scene was purposefully muted. It was muted for a reason me thinks and that in itself is a fine example of a ship tease.

Yeah, but this is still from Sonic X, and not from Sega. Even if Sonic/Amy is (possibly) canon in that continuity, it's not canon in the games. The same rule applies to Sally in the SatAM and Archie continuities.

It's fine for the cartoons, comics, anime, etc. But the games, eeeh, I'm not crazy about the idea, really.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

I am ashamed by the lack of Robotnik in your posting, Mechano. You fail to meet your quota for today.

*scribbles red pen on paper.*

Kidding aside, doesn't anyone feel weird that we are talking about the relationships of a bunch of under-aged characters?

Oh, right. Internet. :lol:

I think that this could all be remedied by Mechano creating a topic to discuss the hinted romantic relationships of Dr. Eggman.

That aside - I don't really think that the instances between Sonic and Blaze in Sonic Rush were intentional shipteases - it might have just appeared that way due to Blaze's socially-challenged character. She valued her and Sonic's newfound friendship, and just ended up acting a bit awkwardly trying to reciprocate it.

Besides that, Bowser Jr. x Metal Sonic, Blaze x Daisy, and Eggman Nega x Dry Bowser are clearly the only explicitly ship-teased couples featured in recent games. I mean, come on! They're all perfect for each other. <3

Edited by HunterTSF

I am ashamed by the lack of Robotnik in your posting, Mechano. You fail to meet your quota for today.

*scribbles red pen on paper.*

Surprisingly more so because Robotnik has been shipped more than any other character in the franchise. And I am not kidding. Officially speaking, Robotnik has been (one-sided) shipped with quite a few characters in all mediums. Off the top I can recall Sara, Ella, Elise(?), Tira (or whatever her name from X-Treme), and various others I can't recall.

Sure few are actually in the games, but then again we rarely see Eggman in the games except when he's around Sonic and friends. Maybe dating him would be on the same status as dating a rockstar? Hmn?

Edited by Dusk the Christmas Keeper
  • Thumbs Up 1

So there really aren't any Sonaze hints in the Rush games huh? Well, that's what i suspected. I guess that all of what i have heard about such hints in the games were actually nothing more than wishfull thinking by certain fans.

I wasn't aware this was a popular fan-pairing at all, especially since Maria is Eggman's very dead cousin.

Actually, i chosed to mention Maria X Eggman as an example of a completely unfounded fan-created pairing simply because it is just about the most insane one i can think of. :P

I still can't find this alleged hand holding/hand shake from Sonic Rush Advneture... But I did discover that SRA has 70 cut scenes. 70!! It barely needs one.

Anyway, much like the way multimeter set to circuit detect beeps when there's continuity between the two pins, that airbrushed on blushing is the most reliable way to detect relationship business. It seems to me as though Sega is basically shipteasing him with anyone they realistically can, assuming that anyone who doesn't like it will ignore it or not notice. From reading this thread, it looks like it's working.

So there really aren't any Sonaze hints in the Rush games huh? Well, that's what i suspected. I guess that all of what i have heard about such hints in the games were actually nothing more than wishfull thinking by certain fans.

Actually, i chosed to mention Maria X Eggman as an example of a completely unfounded fan-created pairing simply because it is just about the most insane one i can think of. :P

Disregarding their family relation, human x human relationships? In MAH Sonic?

-Iceman

Sega unintentionally ship-teases us wherever they fail to release a press statement saying nothing will happen between X and Y.

Asking if they are doing so intentionally is a whole different beast. I for one see a good deal of the parallels between Sonic & Blaze. We all see things differently but after playing both Rush's I certainly got the feeling that there could be something there. There are just so many lines available to connect, it almost feels like a practical solution. Like a trail of bread crumbs left to be gobbled up.

Then you get to Black Knight. That one felt like a shot at the intentional ship-tease. They knew what they had seeded from the Rush games and they took a stab in the dark with it. I liked that, in a series that needs to stay light on the romance, that little gesture just works.

Despite that, I can't see how Blaze, bound by responsabilities, would appeal to Sonic either,

Ah, I love this argument.

Lets see, being the adrenaline junkie he is.... I guess he could find the fact that she brings a whole nother Eggman to the table kinda, i dunno.... hot?

Surprisingly more so because Robotnik has been shipped more than any other character in the franchise. And I am not kidding. Officially speaking, Robotnik has been (one-sided) shipped with quite a few characters in all mediums. Off the top I can recall Sara, Ella, Elise(?), Tira (or whatever her name from X-Treme), and various others I can't recall.

Sure few are actually in the games, but then again we rarely see Eggman in the games except when he's around Sonic and friends. Maybe dating him would be on the same status as dating a rockstar? Hmn?

Hmm, not really as I recall. Robotnik in AoStH has high school crush Lucinda, intergalactic horny huntress and Katella and implied Dr. Qwark "Quack" (jokingly) in one episode.

SatAM Robotnik had nothing since he had no love from his cold, black heart. Underground Robotnik announced to marry Queen Aleena as a trap, but there was no feelings barred here. Sonic X Robotnik had nobody except for his comic counterpart, which had a crush on Ella ( and Scarlett Garcia was implied to have a crush on El Gran Gordo.)

OVA Robotnik had that detestable catgirl brat, Sera (which I know Mechano will launch into a debate against me for saying that.)

Archie Sonic Robotnik Prime only had one issue where Robotnik mistook Princess Sally dressed up as a witch for a grand wizard, and he wanted to marry her because she had powers that could help him take over Mobius (or so he thought.) After that, no other incarnation of Robotnik (except for the brief OVA cameo incarnation,) male or female has had any implied love stories attached to them.

French Robotnik had no romantic implications with anything.

CoroCoro Robotnik from the scans and information I have read had nothing of the like, and the other Japanese manga incarnations follow in step ( I could be wrong. There is one hentai doujinshi called Sonic and Tails where this Robotnik:

eggmanmanga.JPG

could have had implied sexual relations with a female version of a human Knuckles ( again this is a hentai comic.) At least it could be, I can't read Japanese. I think that is his skeleton in one panel next to 'hawt human girl-Knuckles.')

Sonic the Comic I know did have two. Princess Kupacious did make him her grand Vizier and liked her men to "have meat on them."

04.jpg

And then you have Metamorphia who idolized Robotnik and admired him:

29.jpg

As for any of the games, nope. Poor Robotnik gets no love. At least what we see. Who knows if he is dating esteemed people on the side?

Sonic on the other hand has a various and wide love life, being as fast and nomadic with his partners as his travels. With all media forms, he has someone who loves him, or someone who he loves.

EDIT: Forgot all about the Bride of Robotnik, Omeletta. He also built a son in this series as well, bearing the status so far as the only offspring in Robotnik media ( Nega, take note.) XD

Personally I think Robotnik was hitting on Chuck in the Sonic X comic. Telling him that he wants to know where the "engine" is, and implying it is located in the "garage." Boy, you scientists have some strange code words there. ;P

Edited by Kintobor

/childish humour

Well, site might have banned sex discussions, but they will never be able to take my double entendres away from me! NEVER!

But in retrospectve, i guess i could have been a bit more subtile. Maybe next time, ill make sure that the first letters in every third sentence form a dirty word together.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hmm, not really as I recall. Robotnik in AoStH has high school crush Lucinda, intergalactic horny huntress and Katella and implied Dr. Qwark "Quack" (jokingly) in one episode.

And his robotic wife, Omeletta.

And- I dunno, AoStH Robotnik seemed to really enjoy that kiss with Quark (Though Quark himself was disgusted), blushing and striking a lovestruck pose after the fact. Perhaps AoStH's incarnation of our dear doctor was canonically bisexual, beating Rotor as the first (sorta) gay character in the Sonic franchise!

OVA Robotnik had that detestable catgirl brat, Sera (which I know Mechano will launch into a debate against me for saying that.)

EGGMAN AND SARA FOREVER. THEIR LOVE IS PURE.

And... Don't forget about X comic Eggman's crush on Ella either, Kintobor. I found that one rather cute as well, one-sided though it was.

And his robotic wife, Omeletta.

Yeah, I went back and included her.

EGGMAN AND SARA FOREVER. THEIR LOVE IS PURE.

Ahhh, I fart in the general direction of that A-KON harlot! Pttttttttttttt. :P

83.jpg

And... Don't forget about X comic Eggman's crush on Ella either, Kintobor. I found that one rather cute as well, one-sided though it was.

Nah, I listed that one up there. How could I forget the little Latina lady that could kick some serious ass? :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Nah, I listed that one up there. How could I forget the little Latina lady that could kick some serious ass? :lol:

Not to mention was voiced by Eggman's voice actor Mike Pollock~

(I always found it funny that in Sonic X Ella was voiced by Dr. Eggman's voice actor and in the comic Eggman has a huge crush on her. XD)

I thought the ending of Rush, what with the way the two were acting, was one big fat ship-tease. I've noticed multiple ship-teases between the two.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Ah, I love this argument.

Lets see, being the adrenaline junkie he is.... I guess he could find the fact that she brings a whole nother Eggman to the table kinda, i dunno.... hot?

Infuriating? She wanted him dead from what I remember and he wasn't happy with that. I was never one to believe in opposites attract to be honest. I don't think they work outside of fiction.

Infuriating? She wanted him dead from what I remember and he wasn't happy with that. I was never one to believe in opposites attract to be honest. I don't think they work outside of fiction.

Sonic never really let her attitude get to him. Even after they fought he thought it best to reach out his hand and continue to offer his assistance. True to his nature, Sonic handled his business and ended up with that smug smile. That obviously made an impact, seeing as how she accepted his help the second time around.

Also, you don't have to throw them under the opposites attract bus. That cliche is easily avoided when you address the characters from other angles. There is a decent argument to be made that Sonic and Blaze are in fact one in the same, their only difference being what society has called them to do. (which in sheer irony is the same task). You could say Sonic and Blaze are only different in the direction they chose to tackle the same task. That being protecting the world.

Sonic never really let her attitude get to him. Even after they fought he thought it best to reach out his hand and continue to offer his assistance. True to his nature, Sonic handled his business and ended up with that smug smile. That obviously made an impact, seeing as how she accepted his help the second time around.

Also, you don't have to throw them under the opposites attract bus. That cliche is easily avoided when you address the characters from other angles. There is a decent argument to be made that Sonic and Blaze are in fact one in the same, their only difference being what society has called them to do. (which in sheer irony is the same task). You could say Sonic and Blaze are only different in the direction they chose to tackle the same task. That being protecting the world.

That's because he's a laid back creature. Even so, at the end of the day, he cannot accept that view of hers. That's what I was refering to. If she can change that's another thing altogether.

No, they're both in the same shoes (somewhat, Blaze is a princess, therefore obliged to protect the planet and the emeralds, while Sonic is free, saves the planet because he feels like it and he never protects the Chaos Emeralds), but with opposite personalities. That's like saying two opposites sharing a class can be seen from a whole different view.

Well, to me, the point of the "opposites attract" thing is that, while Blaze is in a role that is the direct opposite of Sonic(Duty vs. Freedom), she wants to be more like Sonic. She can't be exactly like him since she's royalty and has a job to do, but she's trying to have more fun within her limits. Trying to be more "Having fun being a super-hero princess" than "Having this stupid burden on her shoulders and worrying about what happens if she screws up." I figure that Blaze sees Sonic as the person who showed her that while she can't be free in a physical sense, she doesn't have to be a prisoner in her own mind. I'm mainly thinking of the climax of Rush Adventure, where she smiles at Sonic, and states that her job isn't just a duty to her anymore, but an honor, something she can enjoy.

^That's another reason why I don't want Blaze and Sonic together at all. She's just a female Knuckles in that point of view, and to be honest, I prefer a friendly rivalry that they had before they dumbed Knuckles up then a cheap arse romance based on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's because he's a laid back creature. Even so, at the end of the day, he cannot accept that view of hers. That's what I was refering to. If she can change that's another thing altogether.

No, they're both in the same shoes (somewhat, Blaze is a princess, therefore obliged to protect the planet and the emeralds, while Sonic is free, saves the planet because he feels like it and he never protects the Chaos Emeralds), but with opposite personalities.

I think Sonic has made it a point that his philosophy goes by the tune "It doesn't matter". Blaze's viewpoint is not some overbearing focus that could keep him away. Time and time again he has instilled the same principles in the people around him as he expects of himself (with several characters). To say that he cannot accept her individual viewpoint is against his own nature. Sonic accepts everyone the way they are, that's just the way he is.

He can try to lighten her up, but if you believe that her abrasive mindset was so detrimental to him than I would have to ask how in the world you believe that Sonic would have been able to stay chummy with characters 100X more confrontational than her in Knuckles, Shadow and Amy?

That's like saying two opposites sharing a class can be seen from a whole different view.

To me, it seems alot closer to two inventors going after the same goal. On the outside, people may view their methods as different, but when you get down to it there can be more similarities than some people are willing to give them credit for.

Different =/= Opposite anyway. If Blaze was Sonic's opposite, than not only would she lack Sonic's ego (which she clearly doesn't - not to mention her pride) but she also would not be so enthralled in ideology (which she also clearly is).

I don't know why everyone is so quick to staple them to opposite thing. There is alot there that is reflected in the same light between the two. Is they any difference in their intentions? No. Is there any question to their morals? Of course not. I would argue that in the places that matter most, Sonic and Blaze are cut for the same cloth. Where they are opposed only spices things up.

Anyone can go out and find a few opposites between characters. That doesn't make them "opposites". For goodness sake Tails is more opposite to Sonic than Blaze is. He is Orange.

If you still cant get over the oppositions between the two, then just look to Tails. He is basically Sonic's opposite in nearly every way. Those to get along pretty good, eh.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

^That's another reason why I don't want Blaze and Sonic together at all. She's just a female Knuckles in that point of view, and to be honest, I prefer a friendly rivalry that they had before they dumbed Knuckles up then a cheap arse romance based on it.

Well, the difference is that Knuckles (Usually) isn't emotionally distraught over his role in life. Those times that he is are based on the notion that he misses his people, not that he hates his life of solitude. Knux has never gone on a "You don't understand the kind of hell I've been through!" rant like Blaze did in Sonic Rush. I guess in that sense one could say that Blaze is as much Shadow as she is Knuckles, in terms of her role, what with being robbed of a normal life and being resentful for it.

(To answer the original question and not involve myself in these debates...)

Yes, Sega intentionally teased us with Sonic/Blaze at least once. The ending of Sonic Rush may or may not have been intentional, it's hard to tell. I'm pretty sure that Sega knew that the ending could be viewed as a Sonic/Blaze scene, but I don't think this was they were planning for. This scene is really a matter of opinion.

Sonic Rush Adventure doesn't have any of these scenes, and any that Sonic/Blaze fans see weren't intentional. The only hint I ever saw from that game was, in the second-to-last cutscene, when Blaze reached out toward Sonic as he and Tails left (before Marine's part). I don't believe this was purposeful.

Sonic and the Black Knight was the only "true" hint. And it was undoubtedly a purposeful hint. You don't make a character blush by accident.

That's my answer. Continue your debate.

Rush Adventure kind of has something that looks like a SonBlaze moment, though admittedly it doesn't come across as strong as the ones from Rush or Black Knight.

I'm thinking of when Blaze asks Sonic "Do you ever feel that you were brought here for a reason?" to which Sonic replies by staring at her in confusion, after which Blaze says, while smiling slyly "By the emeralds."

Rush Adventure kind of has something that looks like a SonBlaze moment, though admittedly it doesn't come across as strong as the ones from Rush or Black Knight.

I'm thinking of when Blaze asks Sonic "Do you ever feel that you were brought here for a reason?" to which Sonic replies by staring at her in confusion, after which Blaze says, while smiling slyly "By the emeralds."

B: Do you think that you were brought here for a reason?

S: Brought here? By who?

B: By the Emeralds.

Considering that Tails had just finished talking about how the Emeralds seemed to be trying to help them...

Meh, I don't see it. The whole deal with the Emeralds could be viewed as Sonic and Blaze being a "destiny couple", but I don't think it was on purpose. Maybe, though.