Awoo.

Megaman 10

PSI Wind

08e086e92ec3aba671c73964c665e31a.jpg

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=107309

Well, its a little early, but the thing Keiji Inafune was going to announce on Megaman's 22nd birthday is.....MEGAMAN 10! Yes, more 8-bit goodness! Coming to Wiiware, PSN, & XBLA.

Bosses:

Sheep Man

Commando Man

Strike Man

Solar Man

Pump Man

Blade Man

Nitro Man

Chill Man

Playable Characters:

Megaman

Protoman

Unannounced 3rd character(probably Bass)

Stages:

un-named Computer Themed Level: Sheep Man

un-named lava themed level: Solar Man

un-named desert themed level: Commando Man

un-named sewer level: Pump Man

Iceberg: Chill Man

Stadium: Strike Man

Old Castle: Blade Man

Highway: Nitro Man

Official Website(US): http://megaman.capcom.com/10/

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

I want hand-drawn graphics too :( Not a bit fan of Megaman but I always love a hand-drawn game...

This came out of nowhere! So where's MegaMan Legends 3?

• Thumbs Up 1

...Sheep Man?

Well, whatever. Classic Megaman is never a bad thing. Having 3 playable characters sounds like fun...though hopefully they'll go a little easier on the spikes.

And here's hoping for another female robot master...

I dunno know about this one, the main appeal of MM9 was the fact that it was the first true 8-bit MM game in over 15 years. If they keep releasing the games so often this new Megaman series is likely to suffer the same fate as the first 6 games. I was really hoping the would move on to MMX9 and do something like MMX4 with 32-bit sprites, etc. If this game at least hints at the events between the classic series and Megaman X I'll be happy.

Also, lol @ Sheepman. Dustman has officially lost his (un)cool status as worst robot master ever.

Edit: Double lol @ Lord Zedd Protoman.

Edited by Bah Hum-BatGuy

Sheep Man...seriously? I'm all for new ideas and not just rehashing the same ideas numerous times, but Sheep Man?

Meh, whatever, as long as they make it as good as Megaman 9 I'll be happy.

What were Capcom smoking when they thought of Sheep Man...

Sheep Man is one BAD-ASS MOTHER FUCKER!!!

Just watch as he comes and kicks all of your guy's asses with his four clouds of electric thunder fury!

I still need to play Mega Man 9, but it's a pleasant surprise.

electric clouds on a sheep? that makes no sense!!!

Just remember: Pokemon did it first.

130px-179Mareep.png

Mega Man just did it first... AS A ROBOT~

They really should commission those Japanese kids again. They clearly ran out of ideas.

Oh well, time to start making petitions for Megaman 11. Cause we all know the Megaman 9 petitioners need something to do now that that game's been released.

8-bit two games in a row is kind of milking the gimmick

I don't see it as a gimmick so much as a legitimate stylistic approach, one that thankfully appears to be here to stay and not a mere passing fad.

I rather like the idea of intentionally using retro-style graphics and music, so I'm naturally all for this!

Just remember: Pokemon did it first.

130px-179Mareep.png

Mega Man just did it first... AS A ROBOT~

kracko.jpg

Not exactly a sheep... but you know...

Also... MM10. Dang. I thought Megaman X was technically MM10 (in Roman Numerals or something) But I guess that means theres more classic Megaman goodness to be had.

It had better have the charge ability...

Sheep Man is one BAD-ASS MOTHER FUCKER!!!

Just watch as he comes and kicks all of your guy's asses with his four clouds of electric thunder fury!

Lambo's a badder mother fucker. He does the electricity shit plus he carries a space-time Bazooka in his afro.

e2d72535625240_full.jpg

Third playable character is probably Bass or a new character (a la Axl) or ZERO!! if Capcom just wants to put forth even more fanservice for the hell of it.

Also keep in mind that electric sheep may actually be based on the idea of a walking lightning cloud xD Like that one Kirby boss as Indigo posted.

Also it's probably Bass since he was playable in 8.5 (or something) but wouldn't Classic Zero be interesting? Also contradictory to Capcom's plot, but w/e.

- Mega Man is looking for a vaccine-making device to fight the 'Robotenza', which causes robots to overheat and go crazy

Damn, even the robots can't escape H1N1. Also anyone else thinking or hoping this could be a very early strain of what will later become the Sigma/Zero virus?

Also it's probably Bass since he was playable in 8.5 (or something) but wouldn't Classic Zero be interesting? Also contradictory to Capcom's plot, but w/e.

MM the Power Battles 2 and MMX4 revealed that Zero was Dr. Wily's last and greatest robot that was supposed to be released during the classic era to go apeshit on Dr. Light's machines namely Megaman. However the exact details of what happened to have yet to be revealed in any games.

Edited by Bah Hum-BatGuy

Playable Characters:

Megaman

Protoman

Unannounced 3rd character(probably Bass)

I certainly hope that it IS him. I'm seriously going to be pissed off if they leave him out of this one, too, just like they did with Mega Man 9. Supposedly, he wasn't in that game, because he was getting "upgraded". There definitely won't be any excuse whatsoever for leaving him out this time.

I don't see it as a gimmick so much as a legitimate stylistic approach, one that thankfully appears to be here to stay and not a mere passing fad.

I rather like the idea of intentionally using retro-style graphics and music, so I'm naturally all for this!

It's a gimmick. Making game look intentionall crappy is a gimmick designed completely to appeal to those who played Megaman as a kid, or those who wish they did, a throw back to an era long gone that they're only sticking to because it sold them an assload.

I'd prefer something in the vein of Megaman Powered Up! or something hand drawn rather then this 8-bit wankery again.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Making game look intentionall crappy
Hey, I like how this looks. Nostalgia is part of it, yes, but I genuinely do enjoy 8-bit styled graphics.

Hey, I'm all for another original Megaman. That series is my favorite out of all the Megaman universes.

What's with all the 8-bit hate? I thought that was pretty clever...

And what's with the sudden interest in hand drawn graphics?

Edited by Inferno da danged recolor

And what's with the sudden interest in hand drawn graphics?

Hand-drawn graphics can be lovely and a beautiful spectacle to behold when games are riddled with gorgeous animation, like Odin Sphere and Muramasa.

Frankly, the reason I wanted a Mega Man game to feature such graphics is because I was very impressed with the art (and musical) direction of MM8. I thought that MM9's retro style was a clever, refreshing gimmick, but I had hoped that Capcom would use that chance to make the next game the complete opposite, by busting out the gorgeous art. I was wrong in that I should have realized that going the 8-bit style is worth the milking for Capcom, unfortunately.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hand-drawn graphics can be lovely and a beautiful spectacle to behold when games are riddled with gorgeous animation, like Odin Sphere and Muramasa.

Frankly, the reason I wanted a Mega Man game to feature such graphics is because I was very impressed with the art (and musical) direction of MM8. I thought that MM9's retro style was a clever, refreshing gimmick, but I had hoped that Capcom would use that chance to make the next game the complete opposite, by busting out the gorgeous art. I was wrong in that I should have realized that going the 8-bit style is worth the milking for Capcom, unfortunately.

I guess hand drawn games do look nice... Isn't the recent Wario Land game hand drawn? The animation quite pretty, and I liked it.

However, I don't care if it's hand drawn, 8-bit or whatever-bit. As long as it's as fun, I'm up for playing this.