Awoo.

Megaman 10

PSI Wind

Not moved by this to much. Heck, I didn't even care for Megaman 9 all that much. The 8bit thing was good at first, but after a while it gets repetitive. I believe that they should go with a different style, like a hand drawn Megaman game that some of the members have brought to our attention. Better yet, how about a Megaman Legends 3? I never understood why they stop after the second game.

Oh, and the character that has yet to be revealed is probably Duo.

Sheep Man? Seriously! But anyway, do want! I loved Megaman 9 despite it being really hard, so I'm looking forward to seeing how Megaman 10 will turn out.

Come on, Sheep Man's not even the worst of it - we've always had horrible Robot Master designs.

This is what happens when you have to theme-name bosses.

I don't want to seem as someone who is attacking you, but they're only two designs that are terrible, and on the same lvl as Sheepman. Sheepman is one the worst designs because it's the pokemon Mareep, but with arms and legs. Now I wouldn't complain about him if they went about his designs differently, and had chose another element for him to use like Ice, Earth/Grass, Fire ect.

Oh yes!

Mega Man 9 pretty much reignited my interest in the series (especially the 8-bit titles).

Also, diggin' that cover art.

@ Jake: Eh, personally I think Knight Man and Snake Man look sorta cool.

But yeah, Classic series Mega Man wouldn't be what it is without retarded looking robots.

Knight Man was a contest entry by an American fan, he wasn't created by Capcom. :\

None of the robot masters between Megaman 1 and 9 were created by Capcom. All of them are fan ideas. A few exclusions like most of the ones from Megaman & Bass, but I'm under the assumption that that's how it is.

None of the robot masters between Megaman 1 and 9 were created by Capcom. All of them are fan ideas. A few exclusions like most of the ones from Megaman & Bass, but I'm under the assumption that that's how it is.

Uh, not all of them. Only one each instalment, such as Ring Man, Knight Man, etc. Capcom has a habit of starting contests for fan designs.

Uh, not all of them. Only one each instalment, such as Ring Man, Knight Man, etc. Capcom has a habit of starting contests for fan designs.

I know for certain all robot masters in Megaman 7 are fan created since each one came with an accompanying Japanese name in their role call during the credits. Both Knightman and Windman are ideas from American fans, not only just Knightman. As far as I can remember you can find 8 names to credit the fan ideas in the credits in Megaman 2-7. I think there was less than 8 in Megaman 8 though. I'm assuming all those names are of fans and not numerous designers from Capcom. You don't need that many in-house designers for robot master ideas.

Edited by Yong

Easy mode makes me happy. I loved Mega Man 9, but hell if it didn't take a few years off my life.

I think there's been one to many 8-bit Mega Man games to turn back now. I tried Mega Man 7 on emulator and it threw me for a loop. Besides, it probably means they can get it done cheaper and faster. Mega Man isn't exactly a household name anymore after all.

Also, you want silly robot designs?

Oldie but goodie.

Edited by JezMM

Yeesh....ALL Mega Man robots are silly looking. But that's the whole point.

Also, it's lame that they're using the 8-bit style again. It was cool when they did it for MM9, but now they're just ruining it.

Oh, right, I forgot to put my thoughts on this.

AWESOME. I don't mind the 8-bit thing, it's a style choice, and at least they're making some additions to the gameplay. Why does this remind me of Castlevania III, though?

Also, if the third character is Bass, this will be my automatic favourite in the classic series.

Edited by The Sniper

Cool, an easy mode xD. I'd rather have a save feature that saves after each level is completed, though. Did MM9 have something like that?

Cool, an easy mode xD. I'd rather have a save feature that saves after each level is completed, though. Did MM9 have something like that?

Yeah, it did. Well, not auto-save.

When they say "it will have no relation to Mega Man X" it doesn't really answer anything. I was thinking more along the lines of how the classic series' plot joins up with the X series', not the "number titling". No biggie though.

As for 2 player mode, if it was CoOp I might actually get it >> That would be really really awesome.

Completely agree with Jake and Remz on the graphics. 8-Bit visuals are "easy" to do, and though they invoke nostalgia it also gives Capcom a helluva lot of easy money. I'd love to see them get what they tried with Megaman 7 and 8 and actually put effort into the game itself. It could look really amazing. Wario Land and a boy and his blob look almost fully animated, and they could easily pull it off with Mega Man too if they tried.

Also, I don't get the big deal with Sheep Man either? He's not a Mareep rip off, just think of it as a way to have a Cloud Man with arms and legs that doesn't look stupid as hell. ;P

People are all too quick to dismiss character designs these days. *sighduck*

Heh, it looks like Sheep Man's an attempt to cut off the Token Badly-Designed Robot Master at the pass by making one so intentionally bad that it's awesome. I approve.

...yeah, I really love well-done 2D graphics, and even though I'm not a huge Mega Man fan, I was hoping they'd go all-out with MM10 in the style of 8. 9 was a good idea, and I appreciate it, but it'd be nice to have something really epic and gorgeous after that. Too bad.

That said, 10's faux-retro box art is even more awesome than 9's. I love how Mega's casually shooting a mook in the face as he does that epic pose.

Completely agree with Jake and Remz on the graphics. 8-Bit visuals are "easy" to do, and though they invoke nostalgia it also gives Capcom a helluva lot of easy money. I'd love to see them get what they tried with Megaman 7 and 8 and actually put effort into the game itself. It could look really amazing. Wario Land and a boy and his blob look almost fully animated, and they could easily pull it off with Mega Man too if they tried.

Of course, the problem is, 7 was derided because people had issues with the better-looking graphics being too 'claustrophobic', and I imagine people had the same issue with 8. They went back to 8-bit mostly for the retro value, but I can imagine that they also did it because it allows for more screen space. Sometimes, less is more.

Though, I'd avoid either style altogether, to avoid connections with said lesser-liked games.

Still, it's a legit style choice, and I'm sure as hell not complaining, because the gameplay will be fantastic as ever. If I wanted a better-looking Mega Man game, I'll look for it in an X or ZX sequel.

Edited by The Sniper

Personally I'm not seeing how 8-Bit has more solid gameplay or anything like that. If Mega Man 7 and 8 didn't play very well, that was Capcom's fault for making the gameplay too loose. Surely making a game on an 8-bit engine and then upscaling the graphics to awesome level wouldn't degrade gameplay?

I realise it's a legit choice, but they also have the perfect opportunity to do something new with the Classic series while people are paying attention. It's the same with Sonic; people think the 3D games suck because so far there haven't been any truly great 3D games. People think the Mega Man games with nice graphics suck because... they probably did. Which is entirely Capcom's fault, so they have a very good reason to make a new Classic series game with awesome graphics that also has awesome gameplay!

Edited by SuperLink

Personally I'm not seeing how 8-Bit has more solid gameplay or anything like that. If Mega Man 7 and 8 didn't play very well, that was Capcom's fault for making the gameplay too loose. Surely making a game on an 8-bit engine and then upscaling the graphics to awesome level wouldn't degrade gameplay?

Actually, the complaint, as I said, was that the graphics reduced the space on the screen, and also gave Mega Man less space move in - I believe that's what the criticism was when it came to the complaints about the games being too 'claustrophobic'. Better quality demands larger sizes for 2D, but if you want the same screen space as the older games, you're gonna have to reduce the size of the images, making it a harder to see the details. Now, this wouldn't be a problem in 3D, as the 2.5D PSP remakes proved.

I realise it's a legit choice, but they also have the perfect opportunity to do something new with the Classic series while people are paying attention. It's the same with Sonic; people think the 3D games suck because so far there haven't been any truly great 3D games. People think the Mega Man games with nice graphics suck because... they probably did. Which is entirely Capcom's fault, so they have a very good reason to make a new Classic series game with awesome graphics that also has awesome gameplay!

Well, I have absolutely no idea what's going through Inafune's head, but I believe Inti Creates can certainly achieve it. Inafune will probably make that choice when he feels it's the right time. Of course, he's more likely to make Legends 3 first, which he's been wanting to do for ages. Who knows?

Actually, the complaint, as I said, was that the graphics reduced the space on the screen, and also gave Mega Man less space move in - I believe that's what the criticism was when it came to the complaints about the games being too 'claustrophobic'. Better quality demands larger sizes for 2D, but if you want the same screen space as the older games, you're gonna have to reduce the size of the images, making it a harder to see the details. Now, this wouldn't be a problem in 3D, as the 2.5D PSP remakes proved.

That can't be right. Just look at Braid, the size of Tim compared to the rest of the screen is like half the size of Megaman, but the detail in his movements are amazing!