Awoo.

Megaman 10

PSI Wind

Better quality demands larger sizes for 2D, but if you want the same screen space as the older games, you're gonna have to reduce the size of the images, making it a harder to see the details.

Metal Slug disagrees. Capcom is doing this because its cheap to do, and the industry is currently going through a retro fad that practically guarantees sales even for games that are somewhat substandard (see: Konami). Any other advantages are almost certainly purely tertiary in nature.

Edited by Tornado

I for one actually loved MM8, especially because of its graphics and jazz fusion-style music (<3 you, Shusaku Uchiyama). It played pretty slowly, though, but it's my second favorite in the series, after MM5.

Using 8-bit graphics for MM10 is pushing it, especially after I hoped that Capcom would put more effort into MM9's successor. I'm pretty sure the game will still turn out to be awesome, and it does mean we're getting more music.

The hell? I liked Megaman 7! 8-bit graphics are fine and all, but we did this already!

Then again, I guess some people just love paying to be stuck in the past...

• Thumbs Up 1

Are you insane? THIS is EXACTLY why they shouldn't have killed Battle Network so quickly! Now we have 16 (or so) Robot Masters that haven't been made into NetNavis! Also, you guys still have yet to make X9, 5 years after Command Mission, the most recent game in the series was made. (Maverick Hunter X is really X1 for PSP.) Not only that, but it's been 2 years since the last ZX series game. And I won't even count Star Force as an existing series until I see a Zero in this series. If Battle Network was to Mega Man as Star Force supposedly is to X, then Zero should have been in it from the start, not just in Battle Network. I say 'just' because you still owe us a ZeroSoul. Shame on you, Capcom. Shame.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Are you insane? THIS is EXACTLY why they shouldn't have killed Battle Network so quickly! Now we have 16 (or so) Robot Masters that haven't been made into NetNavis! Also, you guys still have yet to make X9, 5 years after Command Mission, the most recent game in the series was made. (Maverick Hunter X is really X1 for PSP.) Not only that, but it's been 2 years since the last ZX series game. And I won't even count Star Force as an existing series until I see a Zero in this series. If Battle Network was to Mega Man as Star Force supposedly is to X, then Zero should have been in it from the start, not just in Battle Network. I say 'just' because you still owe us a ZeroSoul. Shame on you, Capcom. Shame.

..... Was there any actual reasoning for why you're complaining that the other Megaman series aren't getting sequels? Robot Masters who aren't Navis? I can think of Crash Man of the top of my head, who was never in Battle Network. Not a reason to do more Battle Network games just because Crash Man didn't get his game yet.

Well, whatever. Classic Megaman is never a bad thing.

Really? I dare you to say that after playing Megaman 8.

Anyway, I loved 9, and while Sheepman is... interesting to say the least, (I guess Capcom was doing fanservice for the furries out there) the fact I won't need to download Protoman again is nice, as well as a third character.(unless they pull a Raiden on me, which I'll be pissed.) It would be cool if they do a tie in with Disney to get the 3rdchar. to be Tron, but that probably will never happen. Oh well, Zero is good enough for me.

Also, I don't get the big deal with Sheep Man either? He's not a Mareep rip off, just think of it as a way to have a Cloud Man with arms and legs that doesn't look stupid as hell. ;P

People are all too quick to dismiss character designs these days. *sighduck*

I know some of this is a joke, but just in case. The reason that Sheepman is called a Mareep clone is because it's the way they went with his design. First off, it's the abilities they gave to SheepMan. Anything they could have gone off, and they choose an electrical sheep. That shows that they didn't really put much effort in his design. Now thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if they got this idea from Nintendo. Creativity is hard to come by now these days.

Really? I dare you to say that after playing Megaman 8.

Anyway, I loved 9, and while Sheepman is... interesting to say the least, (I guess Capcom was doing fanservice for the furries out there) the fact I won't need to download Protoman again is nice, as well as a third character.(unless they pull a Raiden on me, which I'll be pissed.) It would be cool if they do a tie in with Disney to get the 3rdchar. to be Tron, but that probably will never happen. Oh well, Zero is good enough for me.

When you put it this way it doesn't sound to bad, but I do believe they're pushing the 8bit thing to far. I guess this stands better then the last one, because it has more characters, and it's Co-op play (if I'm correct).

When you put it this way it doesn't sound to bad, but I do believe they're pushing the 8bit thing to far. I guess this stands better then the last one, because it has more characters, and it's Co-op play (if I'm correct).

I wouldn't call it too far unless if they confirmed Mega Man 11 using 8-bit. Honestly, if they do another one though, I'd like it like 7's design. Considering that there's an easy mode as well, I guess that can give it an edge over 9. (well, as long as the easy mode doesn't evolve into Super Guide)

Edited by Mr. Blonde

I know some of this is a joke, but just in case. The reason that Sheepman is called a Mareep clone is because it's the way they went with his design.
You mean, because he looks like a sheep?

I really don't see how it's ripping off anyone in particular to have Sheep Man look like a sheep.

First off, it's the abilities they gave to SheepMan. Anything they could have gone off, and they choose an electrical sheep.
Odd as it is, Mareep isn't the only time the idea of "electric sheep" has come up. There's the Phillip K Dick novel, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, which precedes both by several decades. And there's an electric sheep enemy in Brawl's story mode that actually better resembles Sheep Man, as it's got horns. And for all we know, Sheep Man may have just come from "wool=static=electricity=electric sheep". It's a bit of a jump to automatically assume Sheep Man is a ripoff of Mareep.
  • Thumbs Up 1

SheepMan.png179Mareep.png

Sheep Man really looks less like Mareep than I first thought, although I didn't notice how much his antennae look like Mareep's tail until I put them side by side. Either way, I don't really care. Even if he were a direct rip-off, he'd still be a thousand times less lazy than all those contest-designed Robot Masters. :P

Considering that there's an easy mode as well, I guess that can give it an edge over 9. (well, as long as the easy mode doesn't evolve into Super Guide)

Nothing wrong with Super Guide.

I really don't see how it's ripping off anyone in particular to have Sheep Man look like a sheep.

Odd as it is, Mareep isn't the only time the idea of "electric sheep" has come up. There's the Phillip K Dick novel, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, which precedes both by several decades. And there's an electric sheep enemy in Brawl's story mode that actually better resembles Sheep Man, as it's got horns. And for all we know, Sheep Man may have just come from "wool=static=electricity=electric sheep". It's a bit of a jump to automatically assume Sheep Man is a ripoff of Mareep.

Agreeeed. Really is the idea of an electric sheep really so original that anyone else who uses the idea is automatically copying what happens to be the most popular adaptation of said idea..?

Seriously. Cloud -> Sheep -> Electric Sheep.

It's not hard to follow that line of thought for some quality (debatable) character designs.

EDIT:

although I didn't notice how much his antennae look like Mareep's tail until I put them side by side.

Lightning rods?

Edited by SuperLink

Nothing wrong with Super Guide.

What I meant was that the concept would start with a easier difficulty, but as development went along, it would just turn into a super guide feature. Super guide can be helpful at times, but I'd rather have an easy mode to start on and work my way up instead of having the computer work at the same level. I should have specified in my last post on it.

I wouldn't call it too far unless if they confirmed Mega Man 11 using 8-bit. Honestly, if they do another one though, I'd like it like 7's design. Considering that there's an easy mode as well, I guess that can give it an edge over 9. (well, as long as the easy mode doesn't evolve into Super Guide)

I was more fond of the Megaman 8 design then I was of 7, not saying that 7 was a worse design then 8, but the eighth design appealed to me more.

When I say design, I don't mean just it's looks. I mean it's attributes, it's abilities.

I really don't see how it's ripping off anyone in particular to have Sheep Man look like a sheep. Odd as it is, Mareep isn't the only time the idea of "electric sheep" has come up. There's the Phillip K Dick novel, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, which precedes both by several decades. And there's an electric sheep enemy in Brawl's story mode that actually better resembles Sheep Man, as it's got horns. And for all we know, Sheep Man may have just come from "wool=static=electricity=electric sheep". It's a bit of a jump to automatically assume Sheep Man is a ripoff of Mareep.

Someone else in this topic mention this book and I looked into it. They have used the design of an electrical sheep first, and same way I said SheepMan is a copy of Mareep, Mareep is a copy of the electrical Sheep. Better yet, any sheep character that uses electrical abilities is a copy of the electrical Sheep. They could have design this robot with any abilities and they chose an electrical sheep. Now you could say that they design this character because 'wool=static=electricity=electric sheep', but it does not change the fact that they copied someone else's attributes and implanted it into their creation. You use Wool as an example of conducting static, how about using wool, because it looks like a cloud, conduct rain? This would be something different then an electrical sheep. Instead of having electrical abilities, it's abilities would be similar to that of rain.

Better yet, any sheep character that uses electrical abilities is a copy of the electrical Sheep.
That's stupid. You don't shut out an entire concept just because it's been used once. By that, damn near everything is a ripoff of everything else, and by that, Sheep Man is no more deserving of scorn than anything else.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Seems like the 2nd new robot master, "Commando Man", has been revealed, among other things.

mypa.jpg

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=107637

So... a Napalm Man/Grenade Man knockoff?

- no sliding or charge shots

- no female robot masters

Damn, I hope that's just for Megaman himself. I never understood the classic fan peeve with those abilities in MM 3 - 8. If they thought that they made the games too easy or complex they could just choose to not use them.

And unfortunately there's no new character to draw some of the fire off Splash Woman from the rule 34 artists.

- no female robot masters
Balls.

Everything is a knockoff of everything.

Damn, I hope that's just for Megaman himself. I never understood the classic fan peeve with those abilities in MM 3 - 8. If they thought that they made the games too easy or complex they could just choose to not use them.
The argument is that the games with the charge/slide are designed to make you use them. To balance the increased mobility of the slide, the bosses jump faster, so you can't just run under them. And to balance the power of the charge shot, bosses take less damage/have more health, making the pea shooter as effective as an actual pea shooter. Frankly I don't buy it, but then again I grew up with only 5 and 6, so my perception may be skewed.

The third Robot Master has recently been revealed:

EPIC PICTURE

That brush hand is beyond awesome. I want to see this guy as the neat freak in an odd couple sitcom with Bubble Man. Make it happen, Capcom!

Poor Commando Man. It'll suck for him, being the blandest Robot Master in the entire game. Once they've unveiled Barrister Man and TurboGrafx-16 Man, he'll be totally forgotten.

Well, it seems more like a mix between Napalm Man/Grenade Man and Guts Man/Concrete Man ripoff because of the fact that when he slams the floor Megaman gets stunned.

...I really wish Capcom wouldn't keep repeatedly re-using ideas for robot masters.

Third playable character is Galaxy Man gogogogo.

Anyways, Commando Man sounds like he shoots homing missiles. Please let that be his weapon.

Anniversary live feed is already finished, but...

I missed the game footage, but Inafune did answer some questions:

- Inafune says moving into 3d once again would be tough, because 2d and 3d Mega Man fans would have different expectations, and there are some elements of Mega Man in the 2d realm that just wouldn't translate to 3d

- Inafune would love to make a new entry in the X series, but he says he happens to be very busy. Before X9 were to happen, Inafune would like to do something completely different with Mega Man.

- Inafune says 8-bit is where Mega Man was born, and he hasn't done everything he wants to with 8-bit Mega Man. As far as a Mega Man series entry that is 16-bit in style, he'll have to see where the series leads him.

- Inafune likes the idea of a Mega Man game with hand-drawn graphics (Muramasa), but he doesn't want to just imitate that idea.

- Inafune says Mega Man Powered Up 2 has a strong possibility of happening

But, for those who haven't seen the gameplay footage, it's right here.

Trailer.

http://kotaku.com/5428611/mega-man-10-debut-trailer

I don't know. The BGM doesn't really get me as pumped as Tornado Man's theme in the MM9 trailer. Going by this one track, if the rest are like this then I have a feeling it's going to be like one of the "those" soundtracks like 4 and 5, where there's a few kick-ass tracks but overall not to my liking.