Awoo.

Megaman 10

PSI Wind

I might get this because I did like the other old Mega Man games. I wonder if it will have HD graphics?

You missed this whole topic didn't you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just like last time it seems, it was announced for PSN and XBLA very quietly.

If I were to get it (which I probably won't) Wiiware version for NESPad style goodness imho.

It's nice to see them bring back the old Mega Man (I am sick of all this Battle Network and Starforce BS), but I'm not really excited for this game. Plus, the bosses in this game sound/look so stupid.

It's nice to see them bring back the old Mega Man (I am sick of all this Battle Network and Starforce BS), but I'm not really excited for this game. Plus, the bosses in this game sound/look so stupid.

...You say that as if the Classic series bosses haven't looked stupid before.

springman.pngimg812--article_image.jpg

Edited by insertnamehere
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aha. We've got a nice mix of stupidly awesome (Sheep Man, Pump Man, Strike Man) and legitimately cool and unique (Nitro Man, Solar Man). Chill Man and Blade Man have interesting designs as well, despite their rather tired gimmicks; the only real dud for me is Commando Man.

Pump Man wins forever, though. You can't be a giant faucet-bot and not gain my adoration.

Wait wait wait... What happened to Toilet Man!? Was that a hoax?

Yup, turns out it was revealed just a couple of weeks after he popped up, but I guess noone posted it ^^;

The final roster is actually pretty good. Just disappointed at the lack of a new female robot master!

...You say that as if the Classic series bosses haven't looked stupid before.

What I was trying to say was that some of the names were stupid.

I just thought... look how simple and undetailed Mega Man is to the new robot masters. I'm not saying change his sprite but it wouldn't be totally unretro to give him a lick of paint. Just give him a touch of shine/shadow like the new guys have.

• 2 weeks later...

You think Sega was the only one putting on a challenge and reward for their latest 2D game? Yeah, right.

New intentionally bad art, and it's glorious as usual. Also, they're teasing "a third". Possibly a third character? I hope it's Bass.

The promo art they've been using for MM9 and 10 is definitely cool...but not what I'd call "bad". I mean yeah, doesn't look that much like Mega Man, but they need more wonky proportions and ugly faces to be 8 bit boxart bad.

Also the third playable character thing has been known for ages. Most seem to think it'll be Bass...but I can't help but think that it'll be Roll. More likely than not it'll be bass, but I'd sooo find it funny if it weren't.

I just thought... look how simple and undetailed Mega Man is to the new robot masters. I'm not saying change his sprite but it wouldn't be totally unretro to give him a lick of paint. Just give him a touch of shine/shadow like the new guys have.

Yeah, I think the old sprites sometimes tend to stick out like a sore thumb on the later 8 bit games. I don't really mind too much, personally.

Edited by gojira's_bum

Also the third playable character thing has been known for ages. Most seem to think it'll be Bass...but I can't help but think that it'll be Roll. More likely than not it'll be bass, but I'd sooo find it funny if it weren't.

Heh. You just know what her intentionally bad artwork would look like. ;) I'm all for more Roll, though. She's deserved to be playable ever since she was booted out of Mega Man 2.

That artwork is actually sort of impressive, I agree. It looks less like the awful classic covers and more like the characters have been "untooned"... the result is actually sort of creepy. Dr. Light scares me~!

Edited by Octarine

...What? Even now, there are STILL people who think Roll's going to be the third playable character? Give me a break. Did people forget that she ended up getting sick and bedridden from the Roboenza virus? As far as I'm concerned, Roll's playability is out of the question for that reason alone. I'll be putting my money on Bass. I know I've said this many times at other places, but if this third character happens to be anyone, and I mean ANYONE other than him, I am going to rage like you wouldn't believe. There weren't enough words to describe how pissed off I was about them leaving him out of Mega Man 9. That was one of the reasons I was so excited about that game being in 8-bit in the first place; because I wanted to see Bass and Treble make their debut in an official 8-bit game, since they weren't around during the NES titles, but then they completely blew it. The way they slapped Bass' blueprints in the ending wasn't just a slap in the face, but it was a kick in the nuts to his fanbase.

Before anyone says anything, yes, I know... Supposedly, he was getting upgraded during the events of Mega Man 9, but there's several reasons as to why that doesn't add up. Number one, Bass has an ego the size of a planet, and he already feels that he's more than capable of destroying Mega Man without any upgrades or enhancements. Number two, Dr. Light said, during the intro, that Mega Man hasn't had to fight in a while, meaning that it's been ages since he's had to fight Bass, so that upgrade could have been finished ages ago. You'd think Wily would have done that long before then. Number three, Bass specifically told Dr. Wily, in Mega Man: The Power Battle, that "all [he] make is junk", so it made no sense for him to have even bothered accepting an upgrade from him in the first place.

And so, with that said, there won't be ANY excuse whatsoever for leaving him out of this one.

Edited by Scorch

Concerning Bass's lack of appearance in MM9:

Does Two-Face have to be in every Batman story?

Then Bass doesn't have to be in every Mega Man game.

Oh, and I suppose Proto Man does? Capcom NEVER seems to have a problem adding him into every Mega Man game, regardless of whether or not he has any relevance to the storyline. In fact, he didn't even HAVE a story in Mega Man 9, despite the fact that he was a playable character. There's really no reason why they couldn't do the same for Bass.

Edited by Scorch

Because Bass sucks and Proto Man is pretty rad.

No really, Bass has been in just about every single Mega Man game since his debut; it's pretty obvious he's gonna be the third playable character in MM10 anyway.

Because Bass sucks and Proto Man is pretty rad.

That's your opinion. I don't think it has anything to do with why he was left out of Mega Man 9. From what I see here, he was left out, simply because of the fact that Capcom couldn't have cared less about what anyone else wanted, other than Mega Man 2 fanatics (which Mega Man 9 was made for the sole purpose of pleasing). I'll be the first (in this topic) to say that Mega Man 2 is one of the most overrated Mega Man games of all time. Don't get me wrong, though; I am by no means saying that it's a bad game. I just think it's way overhyped. There are so many people (including Capcom themselves) who act as if it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and act as if the other games in the series don't matter, or shouldn't even exist. Their "Mega Man 2 is the greatest game ever" mentality really sickens me, especially since, in my opinion, Mega Man 3 was better than it in almost every way.

That's your opinion.

Duh.

Mega Man 2 was good but it has those shitty Wily Castle 2 and title screen themes.

Fifth Mega Man is best Mega Man.