Awoo.

Megaman 10

PSI Wind

It's pronounced "base". Definately. Pronouncing it like the fish is an insult to the awesomeness of the character.

Is it just me, or does Bass look not as badass in 8-bit.

He looks weird to me, and because he's not part of the main story or anything, he seems kinda out of place...

But hey, its cool, the more the merrier amirite.

Holy hell, the second Wily Fortress is hard. I really hate the placement of checkpoints. In it, there's a mini-boss, and unlike the other mini-bosses throughout the game, there's no checkpoint right after him- it's just before. It's hard- especially when I'm losing patience.

That, and there are some really screwy jumps. I like the Mega Man games for their difficulty, but this is the frustrating bullshit kind rather than the fun kind.

Still, it's a great game. It doesn't have quite the impact Mega Man 9 did, but it's overall superior in my eyes. The controls are smooth, the stage design is (mostly) good and the music kicks ass.

EDIT: Just beat the game, and it wasn't easy. I stocked up with some Energy tanks and Weapons tanks, and still only barely scraped by. The final boss is good- better than MM9's I would say, just because of how much it surprised me.

I have to wonder though, about Bass and his absence. To my knowledge, he's nowhere in the game beyond his DLC, so couldn't they have picked someone else? It seems kind of random.

Edited by The Soldier

Is this still not up on PSN/XBLA? I want to take a shot at earning 'the trophies you'll never earn'

Is this still not up on PSN/XBLA? I want to take a shot at earning 'the trophies you'll never earn'

I think PSN is next week, and XBLA is late March. I'm waiting for the XBLA release..

I downloaded this today and, just out of curiosity, started playing on Easy mode (just to see how different it is).

Now, I've either suddenly become really really good at Mega Man games or this mode is easier than I thought it would be. I'm leaning towards the latter, because I've already defeated two robot masters (admittedly I worked out that Sheep Man's Thunder Wool would be strong against Pump Man) without dying.

I'll play the game 'properly' on Normal mode too, no need to worry about that. Mega Man is all about the challenge and... well, I just ain't feeling much at all in Easy mode.

Mega Man is all about the challenge and... well, I just ain't feeling much at all in Easy mode.
Well duh. It's easy mode, it's supposed to be easy. You want a challenge, you play normal or hard mode.

Why not just play it on normal mode the first time? I always thought playing games on the default difficulty was the only way to do it the first time you play.

While we're on the subject of difficulty, Bass mode looks like a cinch.

Well duh. It's easy mode, it's supposed to be easy. You want a challenge, you play normal or hard mode.

I know it's meant to be easy, but I didn't think it would be THIS easy.

*Begins playing on Normal mode*

Why does that art look so twisted and scary? Bass' expression looks like Christian Bale by the end of American Psycho.

And really, does he have any business being in the very front anyway? He's not even in the main story. He's download content. Download content that comes in the form of a "key" that unlocks something that was already in the game, but download content all the same.

You just don't know HOW glad I am to see that Bass is the third playable character. Like I said before, had it been anyone other than him, I was going to rage like you wouldn't believe. I was SERIOUSLY going to blow a fuse if they left him out again, because there wouldn't have been any excuse for that whatsoever this time. I am BEYOND excited for Bass Mode and the rest of the downloadable content that's getting released for this game. So far, Mega Man 10 is already shaping up to be more than what Mega Man 9 was, which was little more than fanservice to all those Mega Man 2 fanboys out there, and THAT'S a good thing.

^ Bass actually has his own story.

That you have to pay extra to see, and it's not released until a month after the actual game. And his name's not in the title.

I know I'm just nitpicking here, but it's bizarre to see him on the cover of the album in front of everyone else.

But I'm definitely more excited to see him than Protoman, simply because of his powers. All Proto Man gets is the charge shot and slide- something Mega Man himself should already have, because he was the first to use it. It's kind of like the DS version of Super Mario 64, where they gave you several new characters to play as, but by removing the magic caps and replacing them with the Power Flower, they just ended up dividing the original character's(i.e Mario) powers among a few other ones and calling it variety- and that's exactly what I see Proto Man as. They removed some of Mega Man's abilities and just gave them to him for no real reason. Oh, and he's got a shield when he jumps- whoopedy-fuckin'-doo.

At least Bass is different, but I'm hoping he'll have a downside of some kind.

They removed some of Mega Man's abilities and just gave them to him for no real reason. Oh, and he's got a shield when he jumps- whoopedy-fuckin'-doo.

Thank you. You, sir, have just hit the nail right on the head. That's another thing that bugged me about Mega Man 9. They just randomly stripped Mega Man of those abilities, and didn't even come up with a story-related explanation as to why he couldn't use them. They just flat-out acted as if Mega Man never them had them (Inafune even went so far as to call them "unnecessary" in an interview). Did they honestly think that people were just going to magically forget about something that's been established in the series for over ten years?

At least Bass is different, but I'm hoping he'll have a downside of some kind.

I'm pretty sure he does. Unlike Mega Man and Proto Man, Bass is unable to run while firing his Buster. The Bass-Buster's projectile's also can't fly through walls, and if I'm not mistaken, his shots are still considerably weaker (but faster) than Mega Man's and Proto Man's.

Thank you. You, sir, have just hit the nail right on the head. That's another thing that bugged me about Mega Man 9. They just randomly stripped Mega Man of those abilities, and didn't even come up with a story-related explanation as to why he couldn't use them.

Here's mine: Mega Man doesn't slide anymore because he doesn't want to get grass stains on his armor.

I'm pretty sure he does. Unlike Mega Man and Proto Man, Bass is unable to run while firing his Buster. The Bass-Buster's projectile's also can't fly through walls, and if I'm not mistaken, his shots are still considerably weaker (but faster) than Mega Man's and Proto Man's.
I read something about Bass having a harder time against bosses in Mega Man & Bass, but I'm not really sure.

Here's mine: Mega Man doesn't slide anymore because he doesn't want to get grass stains on his armor.

But MegaMan isn't around grass most of the time in the actual game!

I guess this is the reason they inserted the line: "You haven't done this in a while" at the beginning of MM9. So it's like he forgot? You'd think that a robot of all things would be able to store data forever and never really 'forget' something, unless he had the same mindset as the guys in the interview and saw those moves as unnecessary, and deleted them from his memory.

It's kind of like the DS version of Super Mario 64, where they gave you several new characters to play as, but by removing the magic caps and replacing them with the Power Flower, they just ended up dividing the original character's(i.e Mario) powers among a few other ones and calling it variety

Yeah, that was an honest disappointment when I first read about that.

I guess this is the reason they inserted the line: "You haven't done this in a while" at the beginning of MM9. So it's like he forgot? You'd think that a robot of all things would be able to store data forever and never really 'forget' something, unless he had the same mindset as the guys in the interview and saw those moves as unnecessary, and deleted them from his memory.

If Megaman never forgot things, we'd all still be using the Metal Blades from MM2

Found it interesting that it took me just one whole day to beat the game in easy mode (3 minutes over an hour, so no completion of that challenge of beating it under an hour), due to how long it took me to beat MM9 (only beat it last week after leaving it alone for like a year or so). I just did it with Protoman, cos I know I'd die quicker with him on Normal mode, due to how he takes more damage.

Either ways, I still plan on beating the game on Normal. As for Hard... well, I don't think I'll be accomplishing that any time soon... or ever! But it's a great game, all in all.