Awoo.

If you could improve SatAM

Miko

but he's also more feisty and coming into his own much more, plus he's finally getting more front line action alongside Sonic.

I liked that part in that one Free Comic Book Day issue where he, Sonic, and Knuckles spin-dashed Metal Sonic at the same time. :lol:

Tails being useful as an appliance on the battlefeild doesn't mean Tails is useful to Sonic as a person.

I'm...not sure how Tails qualifies as simply an appliance to Sonic in the Archie comic. Maybe I'm taking this too literally, but...well, would Sonic speak to a mere weapon or tool in a deeply emotional fashion?

Sonic: Giant Abrams Tank, I am truly sorry for hurting and ignoring you.

I'm picturing Tails as a two-tailed washing-machine/tumble-drier combo unit now. Dammit. I guess it's the word 'appliance'.

Tails started out as more than just an appliance. It's only lately that he's been reduced to just his skills and no real connection to Sonic, in the games anyway.

In Archie, he's certainly developed as a character. In SatAM, he was never used as an appliance... on the contrary, he was kept back from being useful most of the time. It was only riiiight towards the and that he finally became an official freedom fighter and his chance to be a true asset to the team was finally left wide open to be developed. Too bad they had to stop making episodes right then :P

I'm picturing Tails as a two-tailed washing-machine/tumble-drier combo unit now. Dammit. I guess it's the word 'appliance'.

*imagines said version of Tails bouncing after Sonic* :lol:

Tails started out as more than just an appliance. It's only lately that he's been reduced to just his skills and no real connection to Sonic, in the games anyway.

Sonic: Tails, buddy, you gotta make me a sandwich to save the space time continuum! No tomatoes! The continuum hates tomatoes!

In Archie, he's certainly developed as a character. In SatAM, he was never used as an appliance... on the contrary, he was kept back from being useful most of the time. It was only riiiight towards the and that he finally became an official freedom fighter and his chance to be a true asset to the team was finally left wide open to be developed. Too bad they had to stop making episodes right then :P

I wish more had been done with the whole "Tails training to be a wizard and savior of Mobius" thing. Sadly, it never amounted to much more than fighting Mogul, there being two of him from a while, and fixing the Chaos Emeralds during that Tommy Turtle/ADAM arc.^_^;;

I personally liked the original Turbo Tails(With the the blue hooded cloak and red fur) the best.:D

Edited by BlazeyBakeneko

*Nods* I liked that Turbo Tails too. I've ALWAYS imagined Tails' powered up form being dark-red/reddish/brown, for some reason *Shrug*

Titan Tails disturbed the HECK out of me, though. Although, granted, that was all of the different zones' Tailses (Tailses? lol, sounds funny) morphed together. Looked kinda like when Tails got all juiced up from that one 'chaos emerald' thing in that AoStH arc. Either way, pumped up Tails = wroooong x.x

The duplicate/Tails-clone thing was so sad though. :(

*Nods* I liked that Turbo Tails too. I've ALWAYS imagined Tails' powered up form being dark-red/reddish/brown, for some reason *Shrug*

I'm glad we've found something to agree on again. :D That's also pretty fascinating that you've always imagined the powered up Tails in a similar clor scheme, too.^_^

Titan Tails disturbed the HECK out of me, though. Although, granted, that was all of the different zones' Tailses (Tailses? lol, sounds funny) morphed together. Looked kinda like when Tails got all juiced up from that one 'chaos emerald' thing in that AoStH arc. Either way, pumped up Tails = wroooong x.x

I can't help but imagine him speaking like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Sylvester Stallone. :lol:

The duplicate/Tails-clone thing was so sad though. :(

Yeah, made me feel like crying when he looks at Sonic and goes "I'm just a phony." :(

I'm picturing Tails as a two-tailed washing-machine/tumble-drier combo unit now.

You heard it here first, deviantArt.

Less screen time than he had in SatAM? I guess that means you advocate cutting him out completely, then :P

Tails didn't have much of a personality in SatAM. I liked how he could tell if something was 'off' about his close friends even when others didn't realise, and his relationship with Sally WAS endearing of course (lol, 'funny kiss'). But he was relegated to baby of the group and was so childish that it was really off-putting.

Ironically, Tails was canonically older in SatAM than he is in the games. I think Tails would need to grow up a bit in order to be a decent cast member in a better SatAM. I like his current characterisation in Archie, to be honest. He's still kinda immature, but he's also more feisty and coming into his own much more, plus he's finally getting more front line action alongside Sonic.

This is kinda what I mean. He was slightly annoying being the baby of the group but giving him a bit more screen time to mature a little and get himself involved with the Freedom Fighters would have been great.

He is quite good in the Archie comics I agree there, it would have been nice to see that slip into the SatAM cartoon if it ran longer.

Oh Miko I understand not everyone likes intellectuals like Sally, or radicals like Bunnie but... a dumbass like Dulcy is this really going to bring in more girls? I wouldn't think so.

Oh Miko I understand not everyone likes intellectuals like Sally, or radicals like Bunnie but... a dumbass like Dulcy is this really going to bring in more girls? I wouldn't think so.

"We need to appeal to the girls with big muscles and small brains!" :lol:

I'm not sure what Miko meant, but maybe she meant the show needed a youthful naive type like Amy or Mina.

I sort of assumed Miko meant exactly what you just said there Blazey, just a sort of Amy or Mina, although the show did have Tails and as annoying as he was I did find myself saying "Aw" with some of his mannerisms and things he did, so I imagine some girls would've been brought in for him.

I sort of assumed Miko meant exactly what you just said there Blazey, just a sort of Amy or Mina, although the show did have Tails and as annoying as he was I did find myself saying "Aw" with some of his mannerisms and things he did, so I imagine some girls would've been brought in for him.

That actually seems to make a whole lot of sense.

Pre-pop star Mina actually reminds me of SatAM Tails quite a bit...Potential Freedom Fighter with lots of mannerisms and situations that are meant to be cutesy/heartwarming. I feel if she'd been handled better, without the love triangle shenanigans or the aforementioned pop career, she might have been one of the best characters in Archie, and even have a distinct SatAM feel to her.

I'm...not sure how Tails qualifies as simply an appliance to Sonic in the Archie comic. Maybe I'm taking this too literally, but...well, would Sonic speak to a mere weapon or tool in a deeply emotional fashion?

I'm not sure if I'm correct here, but I think by "appliance", they don't mean that Sonic, himself views Tails and the others as "appliances" in the literal sense that he views them as lifeless, emotionless objects rather than people, but that story-wise, they are merely used for their abilities (hence "appliances") rather than for their personalities working in contrast/harmony with Sonic's, as one may expect them to, as most of the other personalities of the series usually should connect to the main character (in this case, Sonic).

I've never really seen SatAM or read the Archie comics, myself, so I really can't comment on anything deep here.

The designs of the SatAM characters have always... bugged me a little, though, especially Sally's - I personally think "hair" on a anthropomorphic animal character looks... off... Like it's a wig or just... glued to their head. I like how the characters in the games have their hairstyles implied by spines/clumps of fur/ears, rather than actually having a mop of hair on their head... And SatAM characters have always seemed more... typical anthro character styled, rather than Sonic-styled - though admittedly at the time there wouldn't have been much of the style showcased to conform to... But changing their designs to be like the games would be confusing and nonsensical, it's just something that personally bugs me :lol:

I don't really like Robotnik to be all "Roar I'm evil and slimy and EVIL" with nothing else to him - I'd prefer if he were more active, more comically charming, and have more to his character than just being an evil overlord who's taken over the world... He's a human, he should have human qualities. Though I'm not sure how far this personal perception of SatAM Robotnik prives to be true - this is how I think he is portrayed, but I haven't seen much to judge.

Something I've never understood about the SonSal pairing... not to bash Sally or anything at all, but... Would Sonic really want to be romantically paired with someone like Sally? From what I've seen and heard (correct me if I'm wrong), she's quite naggy, controlling and restrictive of Sonic... Sonic values his freedom above all else, and I can't see how he would be offered this if he were to be paired with Sally. Or is SatAM/Archie Sonic different in terms of his freedom loving? Because I really can't see someone who cherishes his freedom so much to be with someone who will constantly nag him and restrict him.

I'm not sure if I'm correct here, but I think by "appliance", they don't mean that Sonic, himself views Tails and the others as "appliances" in the literal sense that he views them as lifeless, emotionless objects rather than people, but that story-wise, they are merely used for their abilities (hence "appliances") rather than for their personalities working in contrast/harmony with Sonic's, as one may expect them to, as most of the other personalities of the series usually should connect to the main character (in this case, Sonic).

I've never really seen SatAM or read the Archie comics, myself, so I really can't comment on anything deep here.

Oooh, I guess that would make more sense, it being more of a meta problem dealing with the structure of the writing, specifically its ability to show us the relationships of the characters,rather than with the emotional state of Sonic himself.

I don't really like Robotnik to be all "Roar I'm evil and slimy and EVIL" with nothing else to him - I'd prefer if he were more active, more comically charming, and have more to his character than just being an evil overlord who's taken over the world... He's a human, he should have human qualities. Though I'm not sure how far this personal perception of SatAM Robotnik prives to be true - this is how I think he is portrayed, but I haven't seen much to judge.

That's why I liked the early Archie portrayl of Robotnik. He was based off the SatAM portrayal, but was allowed more human qualities, and actually seemed to have to respect and care for Snively on some level, unlike the cartoon where he seemed to be constantly abusing him.

Something I've never understood about the SonSal pairing... not to bash Sally or anything at all, but... Would Sonic really want to be romantically paired with someone like Sally? From what I've seen and heard (correct me if I'm wrong), she's quite naggy, controlling and restrictive of Sonic... Sonic values his freedom above all else, and I can't see how he would be offered this if he were to be paired with Sally. Or is SatAM/Archie Sonic different in terms of his freedom loving? Because I really can't see someone who cherishes his freedom so much to be with someone who will constantly nag him and restrict him.

I guess it just dpends on how one interprets the serverity of the nagging. If it's just playful rivalry, then Sonic would be able to compromise with her. If it's getting to the point of possessiveness, than they'd be better off just being friends.

That's actually something I consider a lot, come to think of it, in the main Sonic couplings I tend to think about(Sonic/Sally, Sonic/Amy, Sonic/Tails)...How will these characters be able to make compromises with each other in the long run?

I guess it just dpends on how one interprets the serverity of the nagging. If it's just playful rivalry, then Sonic would be able to compromise with her. If it's getting to the point of possessiveness, than they'd be better off just being friends.

Like I said, I haven't seen much of SatAM or Archie to properly judge Sally or her relationship with Sonic to know to which extent her nagging goes. I've been under the impression that she's somewhat of a control-freak, which is why I don't believe the couple would work very well, but I know full well that I don't really know, and that I'm most likely wrong.

That's actually something I consider a lot, come to think of it, in the main Sonic couplings I tend to think about(Sonic/Sally, Sonic/Amy, Sonic/Tails)...How will these characters be able to make compromises with each other in the long run?

Yes... the thing is, Sonic is quite an awkward character to put into any pairing, as he doesn't seem the time to enjoy prolonged commitments in a romantic sense - he needs the freedom to follow wherever the wind takes him on his random whims for adventure and exploration on a global scale. His partner would have to adapt to this in one way or another, whether by keeping up with him (though I think he likes to have some time to himself at times), or being willing to accept that Sonic will not always be there to cater for their every romantic desire and let him go.

That's not to say I believe he can never get involved in any romantic relationship ever; I just don't think that Sonic, as he is right now, is really suitable for a serious romantic relationship, nor do I think he'd particularly enjoy it right now. He's only 15 years old - he has plenty of time to mature and grow accustomed to such things.

Like I said, I haven't seen much of SatAM or Archie to properly judge Sally or her relationship with Sonic to know to which extent her nagging goes. I've been under the impression that she's somewhat of a control-freak, which is why I don't believe the couple would work very well, but I know full well that I don't really know, and that I'm most likely wrong.

It's okay. I know how you feel.^_^ There's a lot of Sonic canon I haven't experienced yet, so I try to piece my views together with what I can.

Yes... the thing is, Sonic is quite an awkward character to put into any pairing, as he doesn't seem the time to enjoy prolonged commitments in a romantic sense - he needs the freedom to follow wherever the wind takes him on his random whims for adventure and exploration on a global scale. His partner would have to adapt to this in one way or another, whether by keeping up with him (though I think he likes to have some time to himself at times), or being willing to accept that Sonic will not always be there to cater for their every romantic desire and let him go.

That's not to say I believe he can never get involved in any romantic relationship ever; I just don't think that Sonic, as he is right now, is really suitable for a serious romantic relationship, nor do I think he'd particularly enjoy it right now. He's only 15 years old - he has plenty of time to mature and grow accustomed to such things.

...You know, that analysis actually sounds pretty approriate and brilliant to me. :blink: My sincere congrats.^_^

Sonic seems like the type to keep to his personal interests for the present, even if he lets others in on those interest from time to time. Would explain why both Tails and Amy seem to be troubled at times in the gameverse at how he seems to be ignoring them...he's probably too innocent and naive to even realize they feel that way, too.^_^;;

I liked Robotnik's constant abuse of Snively - that was kinda hawt cruel that just made you realise how inhuman he is to pick on his own family.

I liked Robotnik's constant abuse of Snively - that was kinda hawt cruel that just made you realise how inhuman he is to pick on his own family.

You're right, that was kinda kinky in a odd way.

...I mean, yes, you're right, that is a very poignant commentary on man's inhumanity to his fellow man. Yes. That is what I meant to say.

Same here, I wouldn't change it if I was in charge Snively's scream was the greatest

ooooh just thinking about Robotnik's evil brings me out in non-sexual related goosebumps.

I would not change the abuse and I would maybe change Robotnik to have more "human" characteristics (i.e. feelings other than just constantly enraged and pent up) but that's about it as far the Robotnik/Snively thing goes.

Same here, I wouldn't change it if I was in charge Snively's scream was the greatest
ooooh just thinking about Robotnik's evil brings me out in non-sexual related goosebumps.

Warms your cockles, eh? ;)

Oh, no worries, it's good old clean platonic sadism!

...I have no idea what I just said.

...Anyways, moar Tails in my SatAM would be good, yes.^_~

Edited by BlazeyBakeneko

Oh, no worries, it's good old clean platonic sadism!

...I have no idea what I just said.

Sure... ;)

Anyway, I'm drawing some new art styles I'd like to see in a new Sonic cartoon. It's not SatAM, but it's kind of on topic. I'll post later so I can put my idea across more clearly.

Sure... ;)

Anyway, I'm drawing some new art styles I'd like to see in a new Sonic cartoon. It's not SatAM, but it's kind of on topic. I'll post later so I can put my idea across more clearly.

Sounds awesome.:D

Individuals who have neither a relationship as an appliance or a relationship to us as a person still are treated with some degree of politeness. Some don't but most do, and Sonic is among the many who will be polite even though a sense of closeness is absent. One of the problems I'm seeing when I say this to people is that I get the common response of "Sonic calls him a lil bro, Sonic uses emotional forms of talk." I'm saying the story has a lapse in its own logic. The story infers Sonic should be caring about these characters using the examples you all have mentioned, but there is no actual substance-- no actual bond to support what the story is inferring should exist by things like tender words.

It's crucial to establish Tails as the best friend to better define his personality and make it relevant to Sonic's life. Tails in just about every verse has just about no personality and is easily replaceable as a person. The concept of someone having a warm, brotherly relationship with Sonic I can understand people appreciating but not just in SatAM but virtually everywhere, its a problem. SatAM Tails I consider the worst offense because he's not even really valued as an appliance (or for his abilities if that sounds too cold for people). There's no real basis to value Tails as anything.