Awoo.

How far will you and Sonic go?

Dr. Good Girl

Probably 'till the day I die. Even if that's after Sonic dies.

Just too damn inspiring. xD

.... Yeah, I'm gonna run around fighting stupid and evil. XD

Im 22, and i've probably been either playing Sonic, reading about Sonic, discussing Sonic or doing all three almost every day since i was 15, when my old childhood interest in Sonic became revived due to a re-play of the four Mega Drive classics. And i can say with a 100% certainty that i have spent at least part of every single day since then at least thinking about Sonic. Oh, and by now, Amy Rose is bound to be my very most frequent...um..."imaginary girlfriend".

So, um, yeah, Sonic and his fanbase is without a doubt gonna have to put up with me for a very, very long time to come. :D

Edited by batson
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I will never give up sonic. He was one of my first inpirations in my life to start writeing. But I've been a fan too long to give him up now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

IMO, "letting go" off something cherishable is for cowardly wimps with low egos. And believe me, I ain't no cowardly wimp with a low ego. :P

I'm 25 right now and I'm not ashamed to be what I am. At all.

I'm the type of guy who constantly cycles several obsessions on a list rather than "utterly letting go" off something forever.

I've been a Sonic fan since 1993 when the SatAM Sonic cartoon made its triumphant debut on the TV screen.

I haven't gotten a chance to play the latest 3D Sonic games asides from Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Heroes and Sonic Riders 1, since I'm reserved to the PC platform.

But as far as the 2D Sonic games are concerned then I've played almost everything that there is possibly available to play.

May the cycling of my obsessions stay with me for life! Amen.

Fu~

I'll stick with him till he stops running, which will be still happening for at least a few more decades~(till I die lol)

Just too damn inspiring. xD

Second to that thought!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

tl;dr - I still think Eggman's cool, but I've moved on to other things that interest me much more.

Like characters that resemble Eggman. :P

Moving aside, I'll be honest with you lot. It isn't how far me and Sonic will go - oh no, that phase died when I was young- but the question you should be asking me is "How far will you and Dr. Robotnik go?"

Honestly I guess as far as Robotnik is within the series and well respected. I have became Dr. Mechano by proxy with this position right now ( which I might add, I would had lovingly liked to take the Eggman Empire site over and expand it into other realms, but alas I have no website making skills and the site is practically dead right now when it comes to updates;) when it comes to Robotnik and the discussion pertaining the mad scientist on this site for some part. When it comes to loving and respecting something, I tend to stick with it for the most part through thick and thin; alas I have found something great here, and I tend to stick around much longer.

Oh yes, there are the other things I love, the Mario series mainly; but again, I will stick with it for a long time. After all, Mario has been in my life since I was very young along with Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ehhh....

I like Sonic and all, I really really do, but I can't keep up this Sonic fandom thing forever. I have a life to live, a greater calling, college to finish, etcetera...

I can see me continuing with the franchise for maybe a few more years. I've been a solid fan since the Sonic 3 era, and I think it's time for me to move on.

It's really the Sonic Stadium that's keeping me around, honestly. You guys are awesome. Really. :D

I'll probably keep playing Sonic games into the foreseeable future, and hopefully sometime afterward, but it's really impossible to tell. Ideally, I'll keep playing the games until the end of the franchis or the end of me, whichever comes first, but stuff happens, and things don't always go the way we hope, so I can't say for sure.

Can't say for certain, but Sonic's been a big part of my life and I doubt I'll be letting go of this series any time soon. I will say that I've found many elements... inspiring, so even if I become disinterested in the series, it will always stay with me in some form.

Pretty good thread...

I honestly don't know why the hell I stick with this franchise, which is strange because in my youth I was as fickle as rain. The negligence it's been given as of late would be a perfect reason for someone like me to walk out the door, yet for some reason I've stayed. I've played Sonic games ever since they were first released, but I've never been as actively obsessed with the series until Sonic Adventure 2 came out which is when I intruded the online community. The rest is history, and the friends I've made and the talent I've spurred as a result of my enthusiasm for this series is a little too much to give up. When I sign onto my messenger, the people I talk to are friends I've made from joining the Sonic fanbase, yet I speak to them on a level as though we've known each other outside the internet for years.

I've gone through so many stages in my enthusiasm for Sonic, and there were plenty of dead periods where I was sure I was over him, but I keep coming back. And it's definitely not because of the games, because I haven't played a Sonic game in over two years. It's my friends, mostly. I was "raised" in the creative sect of the fanbase: fanfics, RPGs, fanart, etc., etc., in fact I started out on AOL RP. All of the creative ideas and notions and elements I've thought up for the Sonic universe with all my friends is another reason I stick around since I am finally applying them to a fanfic I've been writing for... damn, going on 3 years now?

It's weird as to why I stay here, and looking back I'm always in awe at how long it's been and all the stages I've gone through - my RPG days being part of a group, my RPG days OWNING a group, my DeviantART days, my fangame-building days, owning Concept: "Mobius"... and now working on a novel that has breached 700 pages. I've been into this series for damn near a decade and yet it is such an obscure franchise when compared to what else is out there. Beats me, but I have a feeling in a couple of years I might throw in the towel. When I finish this novel, I have nothing left to contribute and I may just leave, since my hope for the games is very poorly kindled.

Edited by nUcLeArEnVoY

I'm forever. Not because I'm determined to be, but because that's just how it'll work. Sonic has shaped a lot of who I am. He's inspired me greatly, and made my life better. It's like he's a close friend, not a video game ch

aracter.

I'll play Sonic games until they stop coming out, and then nostalgia will bring me back to relive the old ones. What's nice about video games is that they don't have to be just a memory like everything else in life ends up. You can go back and do it again whenever you want. :)

Been Sonic-ing for 17 years and I wasn't planning on stopping. Generally used to be totally obsessed, would draw crap pictures, Run with my arms pointing outwards in the air behind me, used to proclaim myself the world's biggest Sonic fan blah blah blah

I decided years ago that I was in no way Sonic's biggest fan. Cos' to be honest, there's people on here who actually deserve that title because there's people dedicated enough to organise and run conventions, people who write his comics for a living, people who venture to locations that have inspired settings of the games and stuff like that. Now I wouldn't go saying that I'm a fair-weather fan cos' Sonic has (and is right now) helped me through some hard times, so the guy's pretty near and dear to me.

And I'll admit I've grown up a bit so Sonic's had to take a little bit of a backseat sometimes, but I've learned that it's not all about the games and the merch, it's about the actual community. Went to SoS this year and met loads of great people who turned up to meet others, so there's a very strong social connection in the fandom, and it's something that many of us want to be part of. So I go to SoS and forums etc. for the Sonic, yes, but I mainly go to meet other people who are into the same things I am so it's making new friends, and meeting up with old friends who I probably haven't seen in a while.

Sometimes when I meet up with folks, I hardly even discuss Sonic. So it shows that the wee blue fellow has helped many people to get social connections that extend beyond the franchise.

/Dramatic speech

So, yeah. Hoping to stick with Sonic for years to come.

Edited by S.M.

I've already started losing interest a long while ago. The games just don't give me goosebumps anymore. I still remember the first time I played SA2Battle with my friends. It was more than just a game to me. The environments, music, cool style and story all had this attachment to me.

The last truly awesome sonic I played was Advance 2. It's sad, cause the main characters are so cool, and there's so much potential a developer can make them do with gameplay and just neat ideas.

The series just doesn't feel cool or nostalgic to me anymore. Even the characters have changed in appearance and attitude.

To the end of Robotnik's PINGAS.

/shot/

No, I'll stay with him. When he does stop, I'd still play the old games and think "Damn, I wish they still made these..."

;.;

Then, after a while, I'll forget about him, then remember and go "OH MY GOD ;.;"

Interesting question. A question which I can't answer yet but feel like I know the answer. (If that makes any sense lol)

I won't go into too much detail, but I think Sonic has been too much tied into my life to simply "let it go".

I got to be a fan of many things, which sometimes makes me stray away from Sonic. If it's the case and once it's over, I go back to Sonic full time, losing interest in the previous fandom. It's a weird cycle.

There's just something about Sonic that keeps me interested. Probably its untapped potential.

"Sonic is love"

I've been saying this for a few years now. I don't think I'll ever leave Sonic. And I'm sure I tried to give up Sonic. But I seem to love him more and more. Eight years and still going strong!

I don't know, but I have played Sonic since I was a little guy. But I haven't played any Sonic game in a while. But recently, I found the drive to at least play the other games. My favorites are 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles, Adventure, and Adventure 2. Everything after that 'close, but no cigar' for me. But I haven't played Unleashed yet, and I would like to try Project Needlemouse when it comes out. Just been having the problem of actually wanting to play a Sonic game. I want to, and I miss playing Sonic games, but now I can't get into it, if you get what I mean. :(

I've been a Sonic fan for ten years now. Have I looked back on it with regret? No. My years with the hedgehog have made for something to look forward to, whether it be the next game that comes out or a CD. Now that I am 18, people have said I should really grow up and away from cartoons. Instead I'm studying animation to be able to do things like Sonic.

So would I quit? Only if really really forced. I mean, Sonic can't come first all the time. If I ever have to stop playing the games, I will still stay with the series by reading up on information and getting music. My favourite bit of Sonic is the music. I can't live a day without listening to the songs. I doubt I ever will be without them. For example, My bro is gonna have a notepad ready if I get married to count the amount of Sonic songs he hears at the event.

No matter how I change, the Blue Blur has left an impact on me. I will never say "Farewell, Sonic the Hedgehog."

I used to be a HUGE fan of warcraft universe, but when Blizzard made WOW, that universe was fu**ed up. And slowly i lost interest to the warcraft universe. but speaking of the Sonic universe, it's a whole different story. I can't help it, but i'm not losing my interest to it AT ALL(even after the release of SU, which i kinda dislike for some reasons). I thing i just grew up with Sonic and he became a part of me, a part of my life.

Edited by ArtFenix

I don't know. I used to love Pokemon as much, I still play the Pokemon series, but not nearly as attached as it.

Birds will forever be with me however, and Sonic maybe might last as long.

I won't be so gaga over the franchise when I get older but I will always have a part of him in me. Maybe literally one day in the form of a tattoo.

When Sega retires Sonic, I'll still be going on with Sonic. I'll still post on here and perhaps some of you will too. We'll reminisce about Sonic. Oh how I look forward to that. :P

I am a speedfreak and I can't get that feeling of speed from any other games except Sonic... So I guess.. Born a Sonic-Fan, will die a Sonic-Fan...

Edited by sayi50