Awoo.

Dragonball Z, the Abridged Series (and others)

TheGerkuman

I've never really watched any abridged series before watching this one (Mainly because you'd never get me watching Yu-gi-oh XP), but this is a really good example of the concept. I mean, all the characters are close to how they are in the real thing, but funnier. My brother pointed out to me that in some ways it was more like the original Dragon Ball series, and I have to say I see exactly where he was coming from.

Um, better add the obligitary link. :) Out of all the characters, I really like Mr. Popo, Nappa and Krillin the best. Popo is the epitome of nightmares, Nappa's like a little kid (grown up into a freakishly muscular bald monster), and Krillin is pretty much... Krillin. XD Does anyone else have views on this or any other Abridged Series?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goku262002

• The Tenth Doctor

• Spin Attaxx

• Ryannumber1gamer

I liked that abridged series... Nappa is like the best character ever because of his childness... I mean come on... Nappa randomly playing catch and blowing up his pet was pretty funny...

Also the Yugioh and Hellsing abridged series are also pretty good...

"Let's trade. Laffy taffy for kool-aid"

Thanks for sharing. After seeing some crummy Abridged Paradies, I kinda stopped looking for a series that paradies a series I am/was a fan of that's at the same level as YGOTAS.

Can't wait to see their take on the other characters in the DB universe.

Edited by gunthetra

TeamFourStar's DBZ Abridged is hilarious and seriously well-done. Nappa was probably the funniest character, it's a shame he was killed off in the latest episode.

Lanipator (who voices Krillen and Vegeta in the DBZ Abridged) also makes a

and in my opinion it's just as funny. (Be warned, the opening has some swearing.)

Once you see Popo in DBZA, you'll never look at him the same again. My friend loves the "Krillin Owned Count" and nearly died of laughter because of Nappa's line after Goku rescues Gohan.

BYEEEEEEEEEEE.

Hilarious stuff! I've been following this since the first episode, and I absolutely love the new personalties and jokes they've thrown in for the characters.

The best part is in the latest episode, where Gohan goes berserk and is about to skullfuck Nappa. Too bad it didn't work. :(

I just watched some of the episodes. Really good for a you tube video series. Surprisingly good. Most youtube stuff being poorly made and bad voice acted and poorly written. Did like that reverse over 9000 joke in episode 9. Its one of those You tube gems.

I love all these abridged series, but you gotta check out Sailor Moon Abridged. Satanic Raye makes me howl laughing everytime.

Edited by Snatcher2047

• 3 months later...

SEASON 1 IS OVER!

"Veegeeta, Veegeeta"

"Wh-what?"

*bing*"Im haunting you."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

GHOST NAPPA FTW!

Ep 10 was awesome. I may of liked it more than nine.

Anyone catch the latest YGOTAS?

Nappa

makes an appearance!

Bet none of you knew I animated the Inuyasha episode written and voiced by some of the Team Four Star group?

(Mind you, it's only GanXingba who I've any sort of affiliation to, due to applying to his ad for a flash artist)

I love watching most of 'em! Yu-Gi-Oh was the first, then Yu Yu Hakusho and Naruto I like, as well as Hbi2k's Berserk, Gantz and Escaflone, Megami33's Sailor Moon, Avatar, and Team Four Star's DBZ! I wouldn't lie if I said they didn't make me want to do various gag dubs.

It's a pretty cool series, though I've been rough with Takahata (the voice of Nappa and others) because he's a personal friend of mine and it's fun to screw with him about it, but how they make the series is interesting to listen too and poking fun. They work hard on it though, so got to give them credit (also happy Takahata is helping me on my own Resident Evil 5 parody, that ole' Wesker fanboy him. XD)

Very entertaining and original series, sorta' lost it's shine in the newest episode, but I'm sure they'll pick the slack up.

Edited by Dusk Golem

Yeah the Abridged series is hilarious, there are very few out there I actually like (Evangelion=FAIL, Tenchi Muyo=FAIL) but I really like TFS take on DBZ, never ceases to crack me up.

Princess Snake, lol.

I absolutley loved the play on the OVER 9000! gag...His power level iiiiiiiiiiis...1006.

I started playing DBZ:BT3 today and damn...they dude who does FourStars voice for Vegeta got it spot in.

I watched all of them when 8 was the most recent, then I found this topic and have now watched the new ones. They play jokes out so well. I couldn't stop laughing during any of them. Nappas best day ever though, has to be the best 1 min of the whole thing.

I love most abridged series, NTAS, YGOTAS, YYHTAS, and Team Four Star's DBZA. These are just full of Epic win with great humor. Heck, it even sounds better than the original eps.

Has anyone seen

This is a good series as well, even though there's few eps of it for now.

Ghost Nappa FTW!

Edited by AdventChild

Has anyone seen
This is a good series as well, even though there's few eps of it for now.

I have two days ago, and I found it pretty good! (Especially since I love Jojo's Bizarre Adventure to begin with). I'm looking forward to more.

• 2 years later...

Oh my god, theres a open topic for this!! Yes i don't have to make one. I command this topic to rise from the dead.

Also, What the hell is wrong with you guys for not keeping up since 2009?! this series is awesome.

[removed. look below.]

Enjoy the newest movie by TFS.

Edited by goku262002

I didn't like Lord Slug Abridged much. Seemed like a step down from their most recent episodes, humour wise. Maybe it's because Lord Slug just isn't as awesome as Frieza.