Awoo.

Dragonball Z, the Abridged Series (and others)

TheGerkuman

Here is the Episode 60 breakdown for anyone who is interested to see their process and how they handled things for the best episode to come to date~

Also, here are a few songs TFS released on Youtube along with a meme video.

15 hours ago, TailsTellsTales said:

How many years will it be before the Buu Saga is finally complete?

The guessed time for the Abridged series for the Buu Saga is to start being posted sometime in mid 2019. As for when they will finish it, I am not sure. Probably in two to three years time.

Though before they even start on the Buu Saga, they still have the Bojack Movie to cover. That's also on top of other projects, animated and otherwise.

On 9/24/2018 at 9:45 AM, Ashwalking Bat said:

The guessed time for the Abridged series for the Buu Saga is to start being posted sometime in mid 2019. As for when they will finish it, I am not sure. Probably in two to three years time.

Though before they even start on the Buu Saga, they still have the Bojack Movie to cover. That's also on top of other projects, animated and otherwise.

They average one episode every 4-6 months which means 40 episodes would be 200 months or about 17 years. But hey better than none maybe. I hope they do continue though.

On 9/24/2018 at 5:45 PM, Ashwalking Bat said:

Well, they confirmed they're finishing Hellsing Ultimate Abridged this year, meaning they'll have more free time on their hands, and FFVII Machinabridged is not too complicated to pull off compared to the average anime abridges series, so i'm confident everything will speed up next year, assuming they'll not start anything new. We'll also see if they'll do just the Bojack OVA or also the other 2 Broly ones (timelinewise i think they're next, Janemba and Tapion's are for mid and post-Buu saga i think).

Bojack would be between Cell and Buu, Broly Second Coming during the Great Saiyaman Saga, Bio-Broly after the World Tournament Saga, Fusion Reborn after the Fusion Saga, and Wrath of the Dragon between the Kid Buu fight and the epilogue with Uub. I'm using FUNimation's terms since it's a handy way to split up the arcs. They may also do the 2008 special before Uub as well judging by how they handled Episode of Bardock and Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well in that making of video above, Kaiser mentions two video's in the works. One is the special epilogue to the Android saga, where Trunks kills the future androids and future Cell. He is scripting this by himself, so may take a while. He also says that they have plans for Bojack, so he'll probably follow suit. After that, its anyones guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, TailsTellsTales said:

They average one episode every 4-6 months which means 40 episodes would be 200 months or about 17 years. But hey better than none maybe. I hope they do continue though.

Fair enough. I am not too sure myself what their running plan is for the Buu Saga. But I think it was mentioned that they possibly will be releasing a chunk of episodes in intervals. And if that is the case, then there maybe not as much put into them as they did with the Cell saga. I honestly don't blame them, since they have been doing DBZA for a while and I imagine a lot of their running jokes are getting stale for them too. Which is why they mentioned them all in Episode 60 as final harah.

Though, it's actually kinda funny that them taking a break from DBZA to begin with and the time spent building up to Episode 60 was what they needed to even consider doing the Buu Saga.

23 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

Well, they confirmed they're finishing Hellsing Ultimate Abridged this year, meaning they'll have more free time on their hands, and FFVII Machinabridged is not too complicated to pull off compared to the average anime abridges series, so i'm confident everything will speed up next year, assuming they'll not start anything new. We'll also see if they'll do just the Bojack OVA or also the other 2 Broly ones (timelinewise i think they're next, Janemba and Tapion's are for mid and post-Buu saga i think).

Yeah true. Though I am considering their more recent Projects they started up. One of them being a animated series they are making themselves:

Not to mention the work they have been doing for other channels of theirs. And they also got that dub thing going on with the Hells anime. So IDK how things will exactly work out.

But yeah. We are looking at TFS making the Epilogue for the Cell Saga, with Trunks taking care of the Androids, along with cell, in his future. And after that, they will tackle the Bojack Movie. And it'll eventually be the beginning of the Buu Saga sometime in 2019.

• 2 weeks later...

Huge updates from Lani today~

• The official release date of TFS's first official dub of Hells will release November 27th. They also have a trailer for Hells, for those who are interested. Keep an eye out for this one~
  • The Series Finale of Hellsing Ultimate Abridged is also going to see itself released in November!
  • You live in Michigan? TFS is going to Youmacon which will start November 1st and end November 4th in Downtown Detroit.
  • TFS at the Table is celebrating it's first full year! You can catch those streams every Tuesday at 5pm CST on Twitch at streamfourstar~
  • TFS Gaming is going to have more Renegade for Life and some games being played by Krillin on Sensu Screams~ Catch them on live on Lani's Twitch at 2pm every Thursday~
  • You can also catch some fun GMod videos on TFS Gaming for a little extra entertainment as well. Along with some Spiderman too~
  • The Buu Saga is planned to be released in batches every week. Maybe 5 to 10 episodes will be scripted at a time, much like what they did to finish off season 3 with Episode 60 parts 1-3. Though we will not see this for another full year yet. However the Episode 60 Epilogue is coming soon, DBZ Kai Abridged EP 3 is going to be made, The Bojack Movie will be seen sometime in 2019, and before season 4 starts. They are going to cover the Otherworld Saga. Yes, you read that right.

• 2 months later...

All that's left for Trunks is to return to his timeline and clean up the scraps. The epilogue to episode 60 is here:

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, SonicWind said:

All that's left for Trunks is to return to his timeline and clean up the scraps. The epilogue to episode 60 is here:

"Oh, you think you're cute?" 

"Bitch. I'm adorable".

Spoiler

I guess Trunks took up a lot more from his time with Vegeta than he thought he did.

• Chuckle 1

• 4 weeks later...

To sum up:
*TFS is gonna try a serialization experiment this year in order to make more episodes ready to be released in block in fall season. So basically, wait until end of summer for Bojack and the start of the Buu saga.
*Ben is no longer part of the team. Bit of a shame, but i can hope they parted in good terms.

• 7 months later...

To stop you watching this, I'll sum it up. They go to cons. They do skits. They They play DnD. NO BOJACK. They are skipping Bojack because they think it sucks and would come out stale, so are making their own Dragon Ball animations instead. Guys, you did Metal Cooler and made it great. You did World's Strongest and made it great. If you actually bloody believed in your work over thinking "I want to make Nappa jokes!". Very disappointed in them not doing it just because they don't think they can do it. Whats the point of them building up the Bojack joke for 10 years huh?

They don't think the movie sucks...that would be an entirely different problem and most likely wouldn't have been related to writing.

Also, they haven't been building up anything. They've never referenced Bojack since season 1 ended or even just the one episode.

Well Kaiser thinks it does. He made a statement a bit ago about how they were wrong to put it so high on their list of DBZ movies. He holds most of the power in TFS so most of the time what he says goes.

They went out their way to mention it in Season 1 and a few movies, as well as making jokes recently that the next film is "Gohan's movie". I'd say that is lining up something that now will have no payoff.

13 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Well Kaiser thinks it does. He made a statement a bit ago about how they were wrong to put it so high on their list of DBZ movies. He holds most of the power in TFS so most of the time what he says goes.

They went out their way to mention it in Season 1 and a few movies, as well as making jokes recently that the next film is "Gohan's movie". I'd say that is lining up something that now will have no payoff.

Well, there's Broly 2, and that's a Gohan movie.

Bojack isn't mentioned in any of the movies, he's only referenced in that one episode and the first Kai episode...because of course.

6 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Bojack isn't mentioned in any of the movies, he's only referenced in that one episode and the first Kai episode...because of course.

Ok, checked and your right about the movies, sorry. Though he did get a few gags in Season 1 episodes and popped up in promitional stuff they did. No need for the 'because of course' man.

4 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Ok, checked and your right about the movies, sorry. Though he did get a few gags in Season 1 episodes and popped up in promitional stuff they did. No need for the 'because of course' man.

In Kai abridged, mang. That's why I said that.

I'm miffed about this as well, you're seriously telling me they couldn't even rework it into something else entirely like they did with Plans to Eradicate the Sayans?
Between this and Ben leaving the group at the beginning of the year, something tells me the team is having some internal struggles.

It's a good thing right now i'm only interested in FFVII Machinabridged and that seems to be having no real problems (hopefully).

25 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

In Kai abridged, mang. That's why I said that.

Meant like their Q&A things they did back in the day. Not really counting Kai Abridged as promotional stuff, its kind of its own thing now.

• 1 month later...

FFVII Machinabridged Season 4 begins in 4 days. Seems it's gonna cover at least the entirety of Disc 2, or at the very least until Diamond Weapon's attack on Midgar.

• 3 weeks later...

So, slight roundup of content, for those living under a rock...

Machinabridged is back, for starters. Shit's getting real.

Also, DragonShortZ episode 1 is out, and it's pretty great:

Also, Kaiser and Lani did a Patron Q&A which they also released to the public. It's really worth watching the whole thing, because it illuminates some recent decisions and what they're doing going forward:

But the TL;DW version is:

• Bojack didn't have the material to actually work with for them to actually do anything with it. It's really just fight scenes and surprisingly little dialogue from the actual villains. A combination of that and burnout caused them to abandon it. They admit that the announcement for the Bojack cancellation was poorly done.
  • They've got 10 projects in some stage or another, whether it be planning, pre-production, actual production, etc.
  • DBZA Season 4 will be completely original animation ala DBShortZ. In fact, DBShortZ is kind of something for fans to enjoy in the meantime while all the requisite assets are prepared for full production.
    • The main reasons for this come down to burnout from working on the same thing for over a decade while being severely constrained by the material they have to work with (fucking hell I don't blame them), the feeling of finality of Episode 60, as well as legal issues and changes to Youtube making continuing to make DBZA as it is increasingly untenable.

So yeah. A lot of people are gonna be miffed about that last big one. But they've stated in no uncertain terms that if DBZA is to be able to continue, it's gonna not be in the normal abridged style.

And frankly? I'm absolutely okay with that. That first DBShortZ episode is pretty great writing-wise and the visuals and animation are good enough that I think I can live with it not being the original anime footage.