Awoo.

Dragonball Z, the Abridged Series (and others)

TheGerkuman

Man, I don't want DBZA to end. It had such a great run, it'd be a shame to have it end prematurely. I wonder what exactly their reasoning is behind this potential decision. Tensions behind the scenes perhaps?

Oh well. As long as YGO Abridged gets through to the end, I'll be satisfied.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goku262002

• The Tenth Doctor

• Spin Attaxx

• Ryannumber1gamer

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This is a major update. Team Four Star has officially announced that Episode 60 of DBZA is now in the voice acting and preliminary editing phase. Episode 60 will come in 3 parts and the announcement of part one's release should be sometime soon. Also there are other little updates for other projects they are doing, plus a upcoming 12 hour stream of every episode DBZA with live commentary from the team.

Other updates include,

• Final Fantasy 7 Machinabridged is still continuing on schedule.
  • Hellsing Abridged dropped it's 8th Episode.
  • They have a new game project called Super Knockoff
  • The abridged dub for Hells is almost done.
  • Original various other animations and side projects. [Only briefly mentioned in the video, with pics]
Edited by Ashwalking Bat

• 1 month later...

A new update for DBZA Episode 60! Lani and Co have been burning the midnight oil hard and Episode 60 should be coming out very soon. Previews are going to shown in the future. Episode 60 will be the longest episode to date officially. Follow TFS to get updates on the previews coming shortly.

Other announcements include:

• New Anime FMK show on their channel 4 Star Bento to talk about what anime deserve to be watched and which deserve to be dropped.
  • New streams every monday at 2 pm, are going to seen on their twitch at streamfourstar. Along with some other streams on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
  • Live in LA, California? Good news for you then! You'll get to see the TFS cast live at Anime Expo. You can hit them up in the Dealer's Hall January 5th-8th 2019.
  • TFS Gaming's most recent Pokemon Nuzlock for Platinum is nearly done! Check it out on their TFS Gaming channel.
  • A thanks to those who help them on Patreon. Want to help them out? Got to patreon.com/tfs.
  • Two new projects are teased.
  • And a little surprise~
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

The countdown has begun till the first part of Episode 60 of TFS Abridged!! The premiere is coming to San Japan XI on August 31st at 8:30pm! So if you are going to the Convention, be sure to hit the TFS panel early! For those who will be at home, TFS will be streaming Episode 60 live for all to enjoy at 8:30pm cst.

• The San Japan XI Convention goes from August 31st - Sep 2nd. If you plan on going, don't miss all that's going on!
  • On streamfourstar you can catch their newest Tuesday stream of TFS at the Table, along with them taking a stab at Metal Gear Survive on Thursday. So don't miss the fun.
  • On TFS Gaming, they continue their playthrough of Vampyr. Along with a playthrough of Ninja Strikers for all you Naruto nuts out there. And for those of you that have followed TFS and TFS gaming for a long time, Lani has announced that Renegade for Life makes it's return soon. You can catch his Renegade Live streams every Thursday at 2pm on Lani's Twitch.
  • The first TFS dub of Hells will be coming very soon.
  • More FFVII Machinabridged is coming soon and Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Finale is also on it's way soon. You can see both release later this year.

Part one of Episode 60 of DBZ Abridged is here!!! Part 2 is be out not too long after this hopefully~

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is the full song for Gohan's Super Sayian 2 transformation from DBZA Episode 60 part 1.

On 10/2/2017 at 9:42 PM, goku262002 said:

https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/913458964481892352

Took a while to find it. he was supposed to be on a hiatus because of the bombardment of questions he was getting but he's still retweeting.

On 10/2/2017 at 10:40 PM, PC the Hedgehog said:

Man, I don't want DBZA to end. It had such a great run, it'd be a shame to have it end prematurely. I wonder what exactly their reasoning is behind this potential decision. Tensions behind the scenes perhaps?

Oh well. As long as YGO Abridged gets through to the end, I'll be satisfied.

To address this, it seems that it quite possibly may not be the end after all. On another forum I am on, someone dug up a redit post about the issue involving if DBZA will end after the Cell saga or not. It seems Kaiser has finally gave an answer. They may possibly do the Buu saga yet, but it'll be not directly after the Cell Saga ends. They are going to focus on other projects after Episode 60 is entirely out. Here is the post that was found from roughly three months ago. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ice Vec said:

In the end

Hide contents

He sang the same song Freeza 2nd form did during the Namek saga

Spoiler

Nah, that's a reprise of the song he sang when he achieved his perfect form.

I'm honestly impressed with Episode 60 so far. As much as I love TFS, some of their character portrayals can get downright awful (Goku especially). However, Goku's death was actually treated with a lot of respect, a lot of class, and enough seriousness in such a comedy-driven series that it actually makes a really good impact. Goku especially saying that his year with Gohan was the best year of his life was just brilliant. Gohan's breakdown right after about how he's just as bad as Vegeta was also surprisingly played straight.

But that cliffhanger was just fucking chilling. Why? It's a way, way way darker call back:

In Episode 51, Cell's exact song was the finale of said episode, as you can see by it cutting to the Abridged logo at the end. This time, they do the exact same, only with a far darker reprise and it ending with Cell point-blank murdering Trunks. With no comedy, no joking, it seems like Trunks' death along with Goku's is probably the only other one they're gonna take somewhat seriously here. A really good call back, if you ask me, especially by having Cell act on the malice that's set up in the song unlike the first time it was sung.

• Fist Bump 1

Here is a update on the final part of DBZA Episode 60! It will be airing this Friday, Sept. 14th at 6pm on Twitch~ The upload for Youtube will ready at 7pm~ So keep an eye out!

4 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

The Krillin Owned Count after this episode:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Technically it's 0, the point of his Yeah at the end was because he completely shattered the count.

Have a feeling this isn't over yet. We haven't seen the episode of Trunks saving his future, I doubt Kaiser would cut that. Sure Kaiser also said there was an epilogue episode too...

18 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Have a feeling this isn't over yet. We haven't seen the episode of Trunks saving his future, I doubt Kaiser would cut that. Sure Kaiser also said there was an epilogue episode too...

On Kanzenshuu it was mentioned that Trunks saving his future will be released around DBcember.

• Thumbs Up 1