Awoo.

Dragonball Z, the Abridged Series (and others)

TheGerkuman

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goku262002

• The Tenth Doctor

• Spin Attaxx

• Ryannumber1gamer

Where the hell did 20 come from? I think you need to check your math, at this rate I see 5 years until series completion we are at Cell basically.

This episode was short but I got a good laugh out of it. vegeta getting his second arm snapped was funny and I lost it when Piccolo was there for Kami's body.

It is only guess but I will try and figure out true estimate. When I do I will either edit this or post new post here. By the way the 20 years includes the Majin Buu saga but again I will tell you the estimate including my estimate for new episode to later come out cool! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Its cool, they are trying to do the same thing that Dirtyboots and Yugioh! abridged are trying to do which is promote the website more before it gets uploaded to youtube.

Actually, I think it's more to do with youtube's current approval system where it can take from an hour to 3 days to get your video up now, something Caddicarus talked about one time.

Otherwise it's up:

• Thumbs Up 3

Actually, I think it's more to do with youtube's current approval system where it can take from an hour to 3 days to get your video up now, something Caddicarus talked about one time.

Otherwise it's up:

Guess it gives them time to promote the site anyways, not like it doesn't need it. were gonna need a place to go to if the worst case senario happens and parodys start getting purged from youtube.

"But cells are boring!"

I can't tell if that was good foreshadowing or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Not one of the best episodes since the detective Gohan stuff was a bit lacking IMO and not much happened, but it's setting up for some good stuff like Kami/Nail sharing Piccolo's brain space and of course Cell .

Welp, now Piccolo has two people in his head. The hilarity can soon begin. 

Best thing about abridged episodes is that they'll sometimes forgo making joke in lieu of delivering excellent character interpretation. Kami's struggle was one of those moments. Even Piccolo was shaken. Kudos.

Ahh wow, this was a good one. Not really all that funny but it did have its moments. I did feel the video quality was a bit pants, though. It  randomly dropped more so than YouTube anyway. I guess it doesn't help trying to watch videos while the OH is using teh Interwebs for conference calls! :D

I liked the Detective Gohan moments and Krillin and Roshi discussing Android 18. XD Piccolo carrying two passengers in his head is going to be hilarious.

What this episode reminded me of was how much in the real DBZ Bulma as a developed character was thrown under a bus. She mentions being the daughter of the smartest man on the planet, and holding two PhDs but I remember that after this saga onwards she doesn't really do much. :s Then again, any non-Saiyan character got a pretty bad deal after the Cell saga...

Wow, Gohan surely dislikes his dad...

I wonder if Goku will keep on being a distant father even

when he'll have to spend a year with his son in the Hyperbolic Chamber

Now it's up on YouTube for all of you who are too lazy to go to the TFS website:

Wow, Gohan surely dislikes his dad...

I wonder if Goku will keep on being a distant father even

when he'll have to spend a year with his son in the Hyperbolic Chamber

That might make the relationship worse honestly considering how Goku throws Gohan to the dogs in the fight against Cell.

Best thing about abridged episodes is that they'll sometimes forgo making joke in lieu of delivering excellent character interpretation. Kami's struggle was one of those moments. Even Piccolo was shaken. Kudos.

I see this as one of the things that keeps the Abridged series from getting old or "same-y" when its lasting as long as it is and it makes watching the new episodes after a long wait not feel "So" disappointing even when they are short sometimes.

They are really good with that, its one of the main reasons why I like the series so much.

• 2 weeks later...

So, this episode of Behind the Scenes not only revealed that the next episode will have a new opening, making this the unofficial end of the season 3, and also the next movie they'll abridge.

Has anyone seen this?

What makes it funnier is that this isn't abridged at all. This is ADV Studios genuinely saying 'fuck it' to a script and making their own, with sex jokes and period humor.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it just fine on there site. It was a pretty good movie, with solid humor to back it up.

Vegeta getting hit in the nuts was a fun running gag, but what really got me was that they got David Eddings to do the robots voice, that is one hell of a connection they have. 

Yeah I'm just gonna wait too, they really gotta support LQ for older machines and crappy internets.

But that title cracks me up.

• 9 months later...

Did anybody notice when Vegeta was screaming in the background of History Trunks than? I thought that was good they remembered to include that in.