Awoo.

The Monkeysphere

M.C. Bat Commander

http://www.cracked.com/article_14990_what-monkeysphere.html

This is a really interesting article. It is a bit old, but it is definitely a great article, nonetheless.

If you have a mental disorder that doesn't let you click links I'll try summarizing the article for you.

So what the author, David Wong, is trying to say is how people quickly stereotype people are celebrities are companies that you simply do not know. Take Osama Bin Laden, for example, he seems like a unlovable madman, to you. But to smeone else they may see him as a totally different person, maybe he had childhood friends, took up soccer as a child, maybe he liked to watch Looney Tunes? The thing is, people don't see him as a "real person" they see him, as said before, a unlovable madman terrorist dude.

Another example could be at forums, I don't know Roarey here at the forums very well, if he dies I'll go "hm well, shame.". But there are people here who may love him and find them an important part of their life, they will feel absolutely dreadful.

Sorry, I'm not good at explaining things.

Edited by Killer_and_the_Iguanas!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Str337

• Demofax

• Remy

• M.C. Bat Commander

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

…And Jade Goodey. Don’t forget about her. I’ve got an inability to like her thanks to her being an attention seeking, racist idiot who despite my best efforts I can’t help hearing or reading about. Yet with her problems at the moment everyone seems to love her.

Another example could be at forums, I don't care for Roarey here at the forums,
You're lying.

That's impossible!!! Freaking impossible man!!!

…And Jade Goodey. Don’t forget about her. I’ve got an inability to like her thanks to her being an attention seeking, racist idiot who despite my best efforts I can’t help hearing or reading about. Yet with her problems at the moment everyone seems to love her.

My mom's really beside herself about her. I feel really sorry for poor Jade but I can't say I was ever a huge fan myself.

It's funny though how everyone suddenly loves you when you're dying. I find it quite sad that some poeple aren't appreciated for who they are until they're lost.

That article kinda reminded of Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot' speech:

"The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds...

...It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known."

That speech really puts things in perspective. In an ideal world people would be more empathic towards each other, but of course nature doesn't work like that. :)