Awoo.

RELEASED! Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - iPhone

Barry the Nomad

Continuing to put the word games in quotes is just childish.

The game being discussed, as well as many other games in the iPhone library, do not compare to the Cafe series in any way. Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games has four events with multiple tracks and difficulties, 10 playable characters, five unlockable items and network multi-player. Hardly a cell phone game. In fact, I don't even play it on a cell phone, I play it on an iPod Touch.

If you were actually willing to play iPhone games, you would have shut your mouth four posts ago, gone to an Apple store (I see you live in California, a state with over 40 Apple Stores) and tried out an iPhone or iPod touch before forming such a closed minded opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Continuing to put the word games in quotes is just childish.

The game being discussed, as well as many other games in the iPhone library, do not compare to the Cafe series in any way. Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games has four events with multiple tracks and difficulties, 10 playable characters, five unlockable items and network multi-player. Hardly a cell phone game. In fact, I don't even play it on a cell phone, I play it on an iPod Touch.

If you were actually willing to play iPhone games, you would have shut your mouth four posts ago, gone to an Apple store (I see you live in California, a state with over 40 Apple Stores) and tried out an iPhone or iPod touch before forming such a closed minded opinion.

Very well, I will go to my local Apple store tomorrow and try one of demo kiosks. Though I doubt there'll be any worthwhile games to be played on any of them ( unless Apple's suddenly changed their marketing strategy in the last few months).

But anyway my initial point was that I think it's a bit overzealous to declare this the first Sonic "game" of the year when most people are still on the fence about whether the iPhone should be considered "gaming" hardware, especially when that's not its primary function as opposed to a Xbox 360 or a PS3. Cell phones in my opinion just aren't built to play games to begin with. Most of the iPhone games I've seen aren't evening using the touch screen in an intelligent way and just stick some touch areas for conventional controls on the screen corners. But again I don't have much first hand experience when it comes to games on the iPhone, or in general for that matter. They certainly look more appealing than the junk games that came on my Samsung Solstice(also a touch screen phone, but not as sophisticated nor as expensive as the iPhone). I'm probably the wrong person to argue about this, as usual. All I have is my personnal experience, and all I know is I have yet to play a "game" on a "phone" that I was pleased with.

• Bad Quality Post 1