Awoo.

PS3 premium content announced

Badnik Mechanic

Dread mentioned that it didn't bother him. I was countering that it shouldn't.

But assuming you have read up on the British sales of goods act, you must surely be aware that it applies from the moment you purchase the said item. I got my PS3 before dread (if he got his when I think he did, which would have been a month or two before Sonic Unleashed came out), the sales of Goods act no longer applies to my console, and Dreads would be on a how good can he argue his case basis, so for people like me who have an older PS3, a bumper 3 year warrenty on top of that is a bonus if indeed it's not backdated.

Not to mention I cannot see what the problem with a bonus warrenty is since all the stores offer one at the same price but with this one you would be totally covered and get extra stuff to boot. What exactly is the problem?

Edited by Casanova

• 4 months later...

We are go for premium dude.... PREMIUM! Maybe.

It's been a long time since we've heard about the propose premium content. But according to a rumour/leak, at E3 this year Sony will announce the PSN+ service. The PSN+ will basically be a paid for service which will NOT take away anything you have now, but give you bonus content. According to the rumours, it will be very much like the survey content last year. The rumours state that the PSN+ Service will offer the following.

* Access to a rotating list of PSP Minis and PSone Classics,

* Exclusive in-game DLC

* Discounts to the PlayStation Store

* "first hour" demo access to full retail titles. Following the first hour of gameplay, players will have the ability to purchase the full title; however, demo access will only be available once the entire title has been downloaded.

* Console protection plan (Not sure how this will work yet, it might be similar to this)

* Cross-game voice chat.

* Cloud-based saving

* Auto patch system. Basically your PS3 remembers your recently played games, for PSN+ users, each time you turn on your PS3, the system will check to see if your recently played games have any new patches out, if they do, it will auto download and instal them to your system without having to put the said game in the machine and load up.

* Rumoured price: $10 per month.

The key thing to remember with this, what you can do with your online service today, you'll be able to do if this is real and goes live. You non PSN+ users can play with PSN+ users. Like I said when it was rumoured back in December. Theres stuff I really like, and stuff I don't care for. Cloud based saving if tied to PSN ID would save so many headaches if your PS3 suddenly dies. The rotating games feature sounds great so long as theres the content there to back it up. The protection plan... I think the jury is still out on that one.

Source

Anyway... to end the post... here is a Cockatiel singing the final fantasy victory cheer.

Edited by Gnasher
  • Thumbs Up 2

As long as I can do everything I can already do now without paying extra cash, I'm perfectly fine with this.

slay-clap.gif

Nice job, Sony.

* Exclusive in-game DLC

* Discounts to the PlayStation Store

* "first hour" demo access to full retail titles. Following the first hour of gameplay, players will have the ability to purchase the full title; however, demo access will only be available once the entire title has been downloaded.

Am I the only one who sees these in particular as not "PSN+ gets bonuses" and more a case of "regular PSN owners miss out/get gimped"?

Other than that it sounds fine I spose~

* Cross-game voice chat.

According to what I... 'heard', this one would be actually free for everyone (read: firmware update feature). Assuming they haven't changed anything since.

Am I the only one who sees these in particular as not "PSN+ gets bonuses" and more a case of "regular PSN owners miss out/get gimped"?

Other than that it sounds fine I spose~

The ingame DLC thingy is nothing new unfortunately, just watch all those different preorder goodies that change depending on which store chain you buy a game nowadays.

Discounts would only be effective if you buy enough from the store to offset the yearly subscription in the long run.

And that third point... at first it seems like the XBL Silver "wait a week for demos lol" shtick, but it says *full retail titles* and *downloaded* in the same sentence. Would this mean they'd offer PS3 games in digital delivery format ala Steam?

10 dollars per month? Not to be rude or anything, Sony, but that's 120 dollars a year. People aren't going to pay that when Live is half the price.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dont' have XBOX Live as I would never use it. However this sounds very very interesting, I'll wait and see what gets confirmed, released and then see how much it costs etc because considering buying it.

10 dollars per month? Not to be rude or anything, Sony, but that's 120 dollars a year. People aren't going to pay that when Live is half the price.

Fuck, I never thought of it that way before. Man that's expensive Dx

I really hope this isn't the start of a trend... developers are already holding back content and making us pay for it as "dlc" thanks to the internet.

What next? We'll be paying subscriptions just to play video games?

I hope that discounts to the PS Store doesn't affect the routine price drops.

I can live without everything else.