Awoo.

Oh snap! MadWorld burns Sonic!

SuperStingray

Ah, I love self deprecating humor.

“Wow, SEGA put a lot of effort into this game!”

“Not that the last Sonic game is any frame of reference. Fuckers”

I don't know whether Platinum Games put this in here or Sega thought it would be funny, but Sega permitted it either way as their publisher (as far as I can tell) so I'm hoping that this is Sega's way of giving Sonic Team a hint.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Ryan Brown

• DaBatGuy

• jackskellinghog

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda hope Sega actually did that intentionally and it's not something P.G. slipped in under their radar. It would mean Sega at least understands how mediocre some of the last few sonic games were, not counting Unleashed... mostly.

“Wow, SEGA put a lot of effort into this game!”

“Not that the last Sonic game is any frame of reference. Fuckers”

nightslol.png

I'd like to hope that Sega approved of that line. But I doubt they did. Irony.

Wishful thinking that Sega is actually capable of a trait called humility. Or even self-awareness.

Edited by Dejablue

Surely something like this couldn't upset fans enough to dis MadWorld...

"I wonder if they know Madworld sucks just as much?"

Too late, I don't have the game but I was planning on buying it and the fact that they have that in there makes me want it even more, glad I didn't waste my money on that shitty knight game. I think Sonic Team has the message, they just don't give a shit because either way you still buy their games instead of rent them.

Well I would hope they're talking about 2006, because 2006 sold like crap too. I'm really sick of Unleashed getting as much crap as it has. Black Knight is fine to pick on, but Unleashed can't be nearly as bad as either one of them.

This is funny by the way.

Edited by Annie-Mae

Who gives a crap?

To me, only those who truly hate Sonic would laugh at this insignificant excuse for a joke.

Who gives a crap?

To me, only those who truly hate Sonic would laugh at this insignificant excuse for a joke.

Of course, a nice alternative viewpoint would be that some Sonic fans are capable of laughing at themselves.

Well I would hope they're talking about 2006, because 2006 sold like crap too. I'm really sick of Unleashed getting as much crap as it has. Black Knight is fine to pick on, but Unleashed can't be nearly as bad as either one of them.

This is funny by the way.

It was probably '06, let's remember that the game was in development for a long time, it certainly started way before Unleashed was. Regardless, this line was yet another hilarious bit of commentary from those crazy announcers. You guys should hear the credits, the announcers go through making fun of the staff members. For example, on an art designer:

"You know, this guy reminds me of that gorilla down at the zoo who draws with his own shit." "Nah, he's not that good."

Of course, a nice alternative viewpoint would be that some Sonic fans are capable of laughing at themselves.

Or that some of us are capable of having a negative opinion for one or two of the most recent games

Blind Faith doesn’t make you any more of a fan than the next guy.

Props to Platinum for shaking the hornets nest a bit. Maybe their success will be enough to slap some more sense into Sonic Team. The first time it took an 06 sized slap to give us Unleashed. I wonder how big of a blow it would take to wring another winner out of them

Allow me to explain.

Skip the spoiler bit if you just want to get to the point, first bit is me explaining stuff you don't want to hear.

SEGA's recent use of Sonic in his games has (rather obviously) not been aimed at the large majority of those people who call themselves gamers, aka you lot and everyone else who remembers those fond SEGA vs Nintendo wars. Ok yes Unleashed had bits to try and keep you happy, but why do you think they focused on the Werehog so much? Maybe because that is what the majority of people who play the 360 want, and after watching 2 months of my local Chips store having it demoed in their store with both Hedgehog and Werehog levels available, most people have bought it for the Werehog rather than the Hedgehog (this is a little bit from my own viewing and me chatting to the store owner about it).

Basically it's aimed at the majority of 360 owners who want action games and have been waiting for a God of War rip off for quite a while, this is currently the closest thing they got.

The same goes for Black Knight, look at how many copies M&S sold and think how many of that over 10 million are Gamers who like gameplay rather than just pretty colours you can easily move your hands with. That's why the game is built like it is, it's appealing to the 9 Million who aren't gamers rather than the 1 million who aren't.

So where am I going with all this? Who is Madworld aimed at? Yes it is aimed at you guys, a rather small majority. But Platinum Games know what you think about recent Sonic games (and SEGA do too) so they've poked fun at the fact you (and most gaming media) hate the recent Sonic games because they aren't what you want.

It's not about taking pot shots at Sonic or Sonic Team, it's actually making more fun of you lot.

EDIT: Oh yeah and if you want t argue about the stuff in spoiler text, make a new topic, rather stop this getting into arguments in a topic that doesn't need it.

That's effing hilarious, and I'm a Sonic fan! XD

That's it, I gotta get MadWorld! I didn't know it would be that funny.

Edited by Gabz Girl

I thought it was funny, but it'll only fuel the Sonic bashing that happens all over the internet right now. Not like that's Platinum's responsibility, but still. If Sega okayed this, then I'm glad they did because it means they have a sense of humor.

But not everyone has a sense of humor about Sonic, and that shows in reviews. People are just angry that he's not what he was.

Edited by Badnikz

<3 how everyones shocked that SEGA has a sense of humour, this is the company who made an entire game based on Michael Jackson using super powers to save little girls and fight zombies, did you honestly think they didn't know how to take the piss?

Do any of you even know what a publisher is? SEGA did next to nothing Platinum games made the game... SEGA just have their name on it. *Facepalm*

Why is everybody suprised? Since when did SEGA ever take themselves super-serial-seriously? There really are countless examples of SEGA poking fun at themselves. It's not SEGA, Sonic Team or Platinum that take gaming more seriously than a heartbeat, it's just the stuck up fanbase that can't take a joke. (and if they can take a joke, they take it as some kind of holy gospel of truth that sends them into the same rant you've heard 10,000 times, good lord.)

Not to mention all of the "if you do this then you're this" going on in this topic is pathetic. People accusing others of "blind faith" and not being "true Sonic fans" if they have a certain sense of humor...and all over THIS!?!?!

Seriously, lighten up guys. SEGA have.

EDIT: Oh and just to add; I found it funny and I can't wait to get MadWorld :)

Edited by Tombi

That mean Bayonetta will have good score too!Even better!SEGA should experiment for once and to give P.G to make one Sonic game and to see what will be the result!

That mean Bayonetta will have good score too!Even better!SEGA should experiment for once and to give P.G to make one Sonic game and to see what will be the result!

No, it just means folks with Sega are able to acknowledge that Sonic sux. It doesn't have anything to do with Bayonetta. It'll probably be a good game though,... if it doesn't get burned for being Devil May Cry with more naughty lady bits.

Allow me to explain.

Skip the spoiler bit if you just want to get to the point, first bit is me explaining stuff you don't want to hear.

SEGA's recent use of Sonic in his games has (rather obviously) not been aimed at the large majority of those people who call themselves gamers, aka you lot and everyone else who remembers those fond SEGA vs Nintendo wars. Ok yes Unleashed had bits to try and keep you happy, but why do you think they focused on the Werehog so much? Maybe because that is what the majority of people who play the 360 want, and after watching 2 months of my local Chips store having it demoed in their store with both Hedgehog and Werehog levels available, most people have bought it for the Werehog rather than the Hedgehog (this is a little bit from my own viewing and me chatting to the store owner about it).

Basically it's aimed at the majority of 360 owners who want action games and have been waiting for a God of War rip off for quite a while, this is currently the closest thing they got.

The same goes for Black Knight, look at how many copies M&S sold and think how many of that over 10 million are Gamers who like gameplay rather than just pretty colours you can easily move your hands with. That's why the game is built like it is, it's appealing to the 9 Million who aren't gamers rather than the 1 million who aren't.

So where am I going with all this? Who is Madworld aimed at? Yes it is aimed at you guys, a rather small majority. But Platinum Games know what you think about recent Sonic games (and SEGA do too) so they've poked fun at the fact you (and most gaming media) hate the recent Sonic games because they aren't what you want.

It's not about taking pot shots at Sonic or Sonic Team, it's actually making more fun of you lot.

EDIT: Oh yeah and if you want t argue about the stuff in spoiler text, make a new topic, rather stop this getting into arguments in a topic that doesn't need it.

Ah. So we've basically been told to shut the hell up about Sonic.

Well, whatever. The Sonic fanbase has been a piece of crap for years. That's common knowledge, but I guess it's just surprising to actually be called out on it from a damn Sega game. Normally you'd expect something like this from Rare (who still haven't been forgiven for Grabbed by the Ghoulies).

This still pisses me off, but I'll get over it. All in all, things will never improve until Sonic improves.

Ah. So we've basically been told to shut the hell up about Sonic.

Well, whatever. The Sonic fanbase has been a piece of crap for years. That's common knowledge, but I guess it's just surprising to actually be called out on it from a damn Sega game. Normally you'd expect something like this from Rare (who still haven't been forgiven for Grabbed by the Ghoulies).

This still pisses me off, but I'll get over it. All in all, things will never improve until Sonic improves.

You mean along the lines of Rare making fun of other companies(cause their Mario comment in BK:N&B was actually a compliment) or that they make fun of themselves(the numerous GbtG games in the trash, again BK:N&B)?

This still pisses me off, but I'll get over it.

What does? The comment in the game or the state of the fanbase?

Edited by SuperStingray