• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Ryan Brown

• DaBatGuy

• jackskellinghog

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm certainly in agreement on the fanbase, but I think the comment itself was really more or less a joke, regardless of whether or not it was trying to get a message to Sonic Team. Shooting yourself in the leg for the sake of humor isn't uncommon in stand-up, and it certainly would make sense in the context of a game that's intentionally over the top and humorous..

Why is everybody suprised? Since when did SEGA ever take themselves super-serial-seriously? There really are countless examples of SEGA poking fun at themselves. It's not SEGA, Sonic Team or Platinum that take gaming more seriously than a heartbeat, it's just the stuck up fanbase that can't take a joke. (and if they can take a joke, they take it as some kind of holy gospel of truth that sends them into the same rant you've heard 10,000 times, good lord.)

Not to mention all of the "if you do this then you're this" going on in this topic is pathetic. People accusing others of "blind faith" and not being "true Sonic fans" if they have a certain sense of humor...and all over THIS!?!?!

Seriously, lighten up guys. SEGA have.

EDIT: Oh and just to add; I found it funny and I can't wait to get MadWorld :)

This.

By the way, Tombi, I like your sig. ^_^

ANYway, I think it was funny as well, and it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Hell, if SEGA did have that in there to make fun of the fans, they're probably laughing at the semi-drama going on on the Internet because of it right now. If they allowed it because they have a sense of humor, sweet. If they DIDN'T allow it, period... er, I won't go there. I'd rather just assume that they did allow it. Either way, t'was a joke, right?

Edited by DC111

Did everyone ignore the fact that I just clearly stated SEGA DIDN'T MAKE THE GAME. So this whole topic is pretty pointless. Madworld Is a good game, however the only relation it has to SEGA Is that the logo and intro is on and in the game.

Some please do away with this topic It's giving me a headache. These are the topics slowly dragging SSMB down.

Nonetheless Jack, the comment WOULD have been approved by Sega otherwise their attornies would be breaking down Platnium Games' doors right now. So this DOES have relevance whether or not they actually made the fucking game.

In any case, I lol'd. Not that I particularly share the viewpoint, mind, but I've always wanted to see some self-mocking humour on the subject of Sonic and co. The only thing that could make it even better is if Sonic starred in a parody game that made fun of its own franchise.

And by god they BETTER do it. This would be EPIC if it came from Sonic's own mouth. XD

Do any of you even know what a publisher is? SEGA did next to nothing Platinum games made the game... SEGA just have their name on it. *Facepalm*

Wrong, SEGA is highly involved with Platinum games, they love each other. SEGA is funding all their games and letting them have all the creative freedom they want.

Did everyone ignore the fact that I just clearly stated SEGA DIDN'T MAKE THE GAME. So this whole topic is pretty pointless. Madworld Is a good game, however the only relation it has to SEGA Is that the logo and intro is on and in the game.

The logo and intro are there for a reason- Sega wouldn't have published the game if they didn't approve of its contents.