Awoo.

Kingdom Hearts Discussion Redeux [PS2, GBA,DS,PSP]

Twilight Spines

For the Sake Of Brevity Concerning Birth by sleep I will link to the page in the KH wiki.

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_Birth_by_Sleep

I will however post a subbed version of the New 7 and a bit long tailer that has been given.

(Not my Video or subs)

This is going to be epic.

I mean this game looks awesome. Although I am concerned about the board game mechanic (but it seems to be only accessable when you visit completed worlds)

It looks like the story is going to take a darker turn.

Also Revolver ocelot...er..... I mean Braig seems to be a boss fight...and I hope he isn't as annoying as he was in KH2

Feel Free to Discuss this or the other KH games here.

Edited by Twilight Spines

Oh.....snaps......

I might just want to play this just for the Organation's origins. And what the mess... I thought Xehanort would be non existant because he was a heartless prequel or not. But if this is a prequel an Xehanort would become one. And what's the deal with Ven. I thought Roxas was Sora's nobody so I'm like what the mess....

Oh and 357/2 days made the bad guys look like the good guys. lol

In b4 someone comes to talk about how every game after KHI is a terrible bad awful game.

Personally I love every game in the series. Yes even Kingdom Hearts II, how can I like a game with an aggregate score of only 86% you ask? I don't know either.

But yeah I was originally very worried about Birth by Sleep, I was certain that it was going to retcon everything good about the series and characters as they are, I thought it was going to make Sora and Riku seem insignificant in the grand scale of things, but after seeing trailers like this I see a small glimmer of hope that maybe Nomura will get it right and not annoy half the fanbase and still manage to give the other half something else to write yaoi fanfics about.[/minirant]

But now I'm incredibly excited about it, because it looks good, the battle system looks more robust, the story looks mostly interesting, and Nomura's finally gotten over his phobia of women.

PS. I did enjoy 358/2 Days, but the mission based structure was horrible.

@ Super Link

I though the mission based structure was good since it was for a portable handheld system and allowed for one to play nice bte sized chunks.

But back to BBS

I like how the story is going to be like Odin Sphere. With Terra, Aqua and Ven going separate ways experiencing each world (sometimes one after another) and seeing how the inhabitant's react to each person's actions and how the three themselves react as they find what each other has done.

This means in order to get the full picture one will have to play each story. But I wonder if when each stroy is completed (like Sonic) There will be a final story that ties eerything up.

@ Super Link

I though the mission based structure was good since it was for a portable handheld system and allowed for one to play nice bte sized chunks.

I'm not sure I buy that, they could have implemented a quick save feature.

The last 2 days were by far the best part of the entire game, I wonder why. It's because they weren't 100% mission based.

BbS: I wonder about the final story idea....

Also the board game like thing? I wonder how that works, I really don't like the look of it.

In b4 someone comes to talk about how every game after KHI is a terrible bad awful game.

Personally I love every game in the series. Yes even Kingdom Hearts II, how can I like a game with an aggregate score of only 86% you ask? I don't know either.

But yeah I was originally very worried about Birth by Sleep, I was certain that it was going to retcon everything good about the series and characters as they are, I thought it was going to make Sora and Riku seem insignificant in the grand scale of things, but after seeing trailers like this I see a small glimmer of hope that maybe Nomura will get it right and not annoy half the fanbase and still manage to give the other half something else to write yaoi fanfics about.[/minirant]

But now I'm incredibly excited about it, because it looks good, the battle system looks more robust, the story looks mostly interesting, and Nomura's finally gotten over his phobia of women.

PS. I did enjoy 358/2 Days, but the mission based structure was horrible.

I found Sora to be more annoying in KH but I can't blame him. He was a kid. lol

I'm still kind of worried about Birth by Sleep at the moment because I fear it's gonna be poorly written. And I think that they should had released KH3 first before Birth by Sleep. For some reason letting Xehanort in feels kind of odd for me since I'm assuming that Ven and friends are gonna fight him anyways in the 3rd game and BbS is really backstory to guys who so far popped up for really 5 seconds. It's nice and all to know about them but I feel like they're doing it too soon. :/

The way I see it, the events of BbS, Days and Coded will eventually lead up to Kingdom Hearts III. Kingdom Hearts III will use the backstory and lore of 6 games. That could make it the big finale, or maybe there will be more cliffhangers. I dunno, maybe they're leading it all up so KHIII can be the "big resurgence" people think the series needs. Bringing the plot and characters back into focus, tying up all the loose ends and plot holes, etc etc.

Personally I definitely think that Terra, Aqua and Ven will all be dead or sealed away somehow by the end of BbS. I don't even know if we'll be seeing them in KHIII.

The way I see it, the events of BbS, Days and Coded will eventually lead up to Kingdom Hearts III. Kingdom Hearts III will use the backstory and lore of 6 games. That could make it the big finale, or maybe there will be more cliffhangers. I dunno, maybe they're leading it all up so KHIII can be the "big resurgence" people think the series needs. Bringing the plot and characters back into focus, tying up all the loose ends and plot holes, etc etc.

Personally I definitely think that Terra, Aqua and Ven will all be dead or sealed away somehow by the end of BbS. I don't even know if we'll be seeing them in KHIII.

I guess... So then the trailer for the keyblade war was for Birth by Sleep? I'm confused now. >.<

Ah, the board Game MEchanic has a name. It Is Called The Command Board. It is Sort of a psuedo- level up system. Below Taken from the KH wiki

The Command Board is an upcoming board game-like system in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. It can be used to power up your Deck Commands used in battle by gaining CP, or Command Points. You toss the dice and move toward your goal, gaining Board Points (BP) along the way. The player also will have the chances to steal BP from their rivals. Once you've arrived back at the starting point, you have finished the game.

Each world that appears in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep will have its own corresponding board with its own tricks and mechanisms. They are available to play, once the adventures in that world are completed.

Character Pieces: You will control Terra, Aqua or Ventus based upon which storyline you are playing.

World Characters: Besides your own character piece, you will play the game along with certain Disney characters. The Disney characters that appear on the board will only show up for the board for their respective worlds. Below is a list of characters that have been confirmed so far.

Castle of Dreams

Cinderella

Deep Space

Experiment 626

Gantu

Disney Town

Queen Minnie

Captain Dark

100 Acre Wood

Winnie the Pooh

Tigger

Display

BP Counter: The BP Counter is in the bottom right corner and keeps track of all the character's current and total BP. The above number is your current BP. You can spend this like cash and can use it to buy panels or to pay other character's panels when you are stopped on them. The bottom number is your total BP which is the total of your current BP and the points that you have used on panels of your own. The BP Counter also shows which character is which color and how many of the checkpoint panels the character's have passed through.

Map: At the top right corner, there is a map of the current game board. It shows you the character pieces' position, which command panels are claimed by certain characters, which white command panels are still available, where the four checkpoint panels are, and where the Keyhole starting panel is.

Panels

There are many different kinds of panels that are on the game board that each have their own purpose.

Starting Panel: The starting panel is a yellow panel with a Keyhole on it. You start the game here and once you make it back to this panel, the game will be over.

Checkpoint Panels: There are four checkpoint panels that are gold and purple in coloration. Although you do not need to pass through all four panels to end the game, you will be rewarded with extra BP if you do.

Command Panels: There are white command panels that can become yours after landing on them and paying a certain amount of BP. After you purchase a command panel, it is colored to represent that you have bought it. If someone stops on one of your purchased command panels you can take BP from them, but if you land on a command panel of another character you will have to pay them BP.

Special Panels: If you land on a special panel, a unique event will occur. These events are carried out by other characters from the world which board you are playing. These events may help and others may hinder your progress as well. Experiment 221 and the Fairy Godmother have been shown appearing in these events. Experiment 221 only appears on the Deep Space board and he has an event called "Electric Spark" which can allow the player to steal BP from other characters. Fairy Godmother only appears on the Castle of Dreams board and she has an event called "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo" which gives you an extra roll of the die.

Leveling Up Panels :If you've stopped on your Command Panels or Special Panels, you can spend BP to level up Command Panels. If you level them up you can take more BP and your Deck Commands will receive more BP in normal battle. You can level up each panel five times. The amount of how much CP you will get from the game is decided by various things like the position and value of the panel.

Not only Deck Commands, but Action Commands and special abilities like the Shoot Lock Commands all have levels. You can gain CP by defeating enemies in battle to raise your levels. When they get to a higher level your abilities will be stronger of course, but sometimes will have special support abilities attached.

Wireless Gameplay: Like regular battle has Joint Struggle mulitplayer gameplay with the Mirage Arena world, the Command Board game has its own wireless multiplayer gameplay with a Mirage Arena game board. You can play as either Terra, Aqua, and Ventus and they will appear as they do in their armor. The rules are the same as the single player Command Board and you can still gain CP to level up your Deck Commands.

I guess... So then the trailer for the keyblade war was for Birth by Sleep? I'm confused now. >.<

Yeah, the bonus trailer at the end of KHII was for Birth by Sleep. So far there has been NO footage/screens of KHIII, it hasn't even been announced yet, people just sort of know it's on the way.

PS thanks for the info on the board type thing, I'll have a read.

My theory is similar. I don't think they'll be dead, but my theory is finding them is going to be part of the plot for KH3.

Also as an utterly irrelevant side note I remember suggesting years ago one the old board's KH thread that Axel's real name was Lea. My prediction was apparently correct for a change according to Wikipedia's article on BbS.

Also as an utterly irrelevant side note I remember suggesting years ago one the old board's KH thread that Axel's real name was Lea. My prediction was apparently correct for a change according to Wikipedia's article on BbS.

That was actually revealed in 358/2 Days which has been out for a while now.

On a similar note I was right about Saix' name being Isa, since everyone else thought his name would be Sai and I thought that would be too obvious :/

It would be nice if they weren't dead. If KHII's extra boss is "canon" then Terra is still alive in some form or another, and maybe Ven lives on inside Roxas or something.

That was actually revealed in 358/2 Days which has been out for a while now.

Holy hell, I can't believe I forgot I owned that game and never finished it. I really gotta find my DS now.

On a similar note I was right about Saix' name being Isa, since everyone else thought his name would be Sai and I thought that would be too obvious :/

It would be nice if they weren't dead. If KHII's extra boss is "canon" then Terra is still alive in some form or another, and maybe Ven lives on inside Roxas or something.

Yeah, come to think Ven probably is dead after being frozen by Master Xehanort in the trailer. Unless there's some story involving restoring him somehow or something or it wasn't as bad as it looked.

@ Cipher

Ven was blinking in the trailer I posted. He Isn't dead (then again he maybe died after that scene).

I'm Surprised no one saw Zack From crisis core making date plans with aqua.

No I am not joking...go watch again.

Yeah, come to think Ven probably is dead after being frozen by Master Xehanort in the trailer. Unless there's some story involving restoring him somehow or something or it wasn't as bad as it looked.

Hmmmm.... Will they explain why Ven looks like Roxas? Because Roxas was Sora's nobody and there's really no bloody way you can be someone in the future. :/

Ven will probably be sealed inside Sora or something.

I'm Surprised no one saw Zack From crisis core making date plans with aqua.

He's definitely gonna die right? Probably die trying to save kid Cloud or something. (Btw I saw Zack's inclusion confirmed a few weeks back so I guess I just wasn't bothered to mention it :P)

Hmmmm.... Will they explain why Ven looks like Roxas? Because Roxas was Sora's nobody and there's really no bloody way you can be someone in the future. :/

They probably will explain it (or leave it to be explained in KHIII)

The way I see it is:

- Roxas looks like Sora

- So Ven must be connected to Sora.

Unfortunately some people see it as...

- Roxas only looks like Sora because Sora is connected to Ven.

It may seem like the same thing to some people, but it changes the whole dynamic of Sora's place in the story. It's the difference between Sora being the hero that changes everything, or Sora being a small time nobody (lol Nobody).

Edited by SuperLink

I saw a race in that trailer actually. With Aqua I think using a keyblade rider (which you see on one of the board sections) to race something.

I think the genre shifts have been upped.

@ Cipher

Ven was blinking in the trailer I posted. He Isn't dead (then again he maybe died after that scene).

Yeah, he wasn't dead then, but it seems like something he should die from afterward. Or Square Enix just wanted to show us how awesome they can make Blizzaga look in a cut scene.

Some other Gameplay additions (click the links to see in depth explanations)

Deck Command: The way you fight in this game...basically like the card system in KH CoM (but hopefully better)

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Deck_Command

Shoot Lock: Lock on to multiple enemies and unleash this deck command to FIRE YOU LAZAAAAARRRZ!!! BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH!!!!! Different for each character. E.G. Terra gets a Cannon not unlike the KH@ FM soldier's.

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Shoot_Lock

Mode Change: Basically Like Valkyrie profile. The More you hit enemies the more a guage fills up, fill it up completely you can initiate a mode change. They are like limits that give you new commands and special abilities.

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Mode_Change

Dimension Link/ D-Link: Basically summoning, summoning Character that when you Linkwith them give you uniques finnishers and special traits when the summon aquires symbols next to it's portrait (unsure as to how symbls are gained).

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Dimension_Link

Joint Struggle: Multiplayer...nuff said....you can also have a multiplayer of the command board too.

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Joint_Struggle

Personally, I think Terra will become Xehanort. There are numerous hints throughout KH2 Final Mix and a few in 385/2 Days, plus the trailers. If not that, Master Xehanort probably possesses him.

Lingering Sentiment... Nomura said it's not relevant whether he's Terra or not. Perhaps he's Xehanort's lost memories or something if Terranort theory holds true.

Also, here's something interesting about Vanitas: he appears to have Sora's seiyuu.

In other words, yes I'm looking forward to BBS.

Dimension Link/ D-Link: Basically summoning, summoning Character that when you Linkwith them give you uniques finnishers and special traits when the summon aquires symbols next to it's portrait (unsure as to how symbls are gained).

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Dimension_Link

o_0 Cinderella is a summon. I think I everyone isn't gonna be too happy with it. :/

Personally, I think Terra will become Xehanort. There are numerous hints throughout KH2 Final Mix and a few in 385/2 Days, plus the trailers. If not that, Master Xehanort probably possesses him.

Lingering Sentiment... Nomura said it's not relevant whether he's Terra or not. Perhaps he's Xehanort's lost memories or something if Terranort theory holds true.

Also, here's something interesting about Vanitas: he appears to have Sora's seiyuu.

In other words, yes I'm looking forward to BBS.

I don't know about that one. Then again I'm semi-confused again. Because Xehanort does become a heartless which is Ansem in the first game. So your theory is that Terra becomes a heartless. But then again I'm confused. :/

Xehanort's backstory is what is to be explored in this game. Xehanort appeared in hollow bastion with no memory of who he was and ansem the wise took him in. When he started experimenting on hearts Ansem the wise tried to stop him, but was banished to the realm of darkness and xehanort took ansems name.

This game is partly to explain how Xehanort came To Be at Hollow bastion (or "be" in general)

Xehanort's backstory is what is to be explored in this game. Xehanort appeared in hollow bastion with no memory of who he was and ansem the wise took him in. When he started experimenting on hearts Ansem the wise tried to stop him, but was banished to the realm of darkness and xehanort took ansems name.

This game is partly to explain how Xehanort came To Be at Hollow bastion (or "be" in general)

Ohhhhhhh.... Now it makes sense. :D But there is more unanwsers out there too but I'm gonna shut up about it now until the bloody game comes out. lol

Ansem-Xemnas

Sora-Roxas

Braig-Xigbar

Even-Vexen

Aeleus-Lexaeus

Ienzo-Zexion

Isa-Saix

Lea-Axel

Not all of the Organization's members names have been revealed yet which kinda makes me think we'll find out the rest in BBS. Also, Sora has a nobody...which makes me think Riku and Kairi might later.

I don't think Terra turns into Xehanort, mainly because of all the resemblences he has to Riku. Also, something I find interesting though is in BBS there are Aqua, Ven, and Terra. While in KH1-2 it's Kairi, Sora, and Riku. 2 males and 1 female in both groups. Plus Sora=sky in Japanese, Ven (or Ventus)=wind in Latin. Kairi=sea in Japanese, Aqua=water in Latin. Riku=land in Japanese, Terra=earth in Latin. The 2 groups of keyblade weilders are obviously connected, though we have yet to find out how. And Ven looks scarily like Roxas.

Edited by AiS!cK

I don't think Terra turns into Xehanort, mainly because of all the resemblences he has to Riku.

I think that's exactly why he'll become Xehanort, personally. My thoughts are that perhaps MX's body gets destroyed, and he possesses Terra in a similar way to Ansem possessing Riku in KH1. It would explain why Ansem looks like MX, but Xemnas looks like an older Terra.