Awoo.

Kingdom Hearts Discussion Redeux [PS2, GBA,DS,PSP]

Twilight Spines

So I don't think Sora is all backwards any more. Shame, I thought it would be some sort of ass-backwards but cool in some sort of way plot thing.

Honestly... I kind of really like 3D's title. It's exactly the same kind of braindead gibberish title that Squenix have been slapping on FF and KH games for years, but the attempt to make it fit in with the system's name is so cheesy that it sucks most of the offensive pretentiousness right out of it and just leaves it as awkwardly cute. Dream Drop Distance... it's even got sort of a ring to it. Bleh.

Why are they young again?

We have no idea, but it probably have to do with the test of mastery or something. In other words, it's most likely "simulated KH1 again lol".

Edited by Ekaje

I'm doubting Duckburg since they've only been using movies, save for Timeless River since that's...well you know.

See, Square is totally limiting their scope here. A Duckburg/St. Canard hybrid world would be rocking. And Max Goof could spice up the joint, which would provide new depth for Goofy that Donald sort of has with Daisy. Square never touches anything that matters.

We have no idea, but it probably have to do with the test of mastery or something. In other words, it's most likely "simulated KH1 again lol".

Actually, that's long-since been proven false. Square actually stated a while back that the Disney worlds are ALL-NEW. So, no, there's no way that can happen.

I think the title really needs closer examining. The first word of the subtitle likely tells much of the story: Dream. Most of this game is essentially a dream. Perhaps it is part of the Mark of Mastery, sending Sora and Riku back to when they were younger in order for them to truly prove their strength. Not particularly sure about that, though. Its questionable, but its definitely NOT just another KH1 rehash (thankfully).

I'm doubting Duckburg since they've only been using movies, save for Timeless River since that's...well you know. Still, they're apparently finally using all new worlds, so no more Agrabah and Olympus Coliseum.

DuckTales_the_Movie_-_Treasure_of_the_Lost_Lamp.jpg

This looks completely nuts, with Sora literally bouncing off the walls and Riku just shredding through enemies. It's like Kingdom Hearts on steroids.

But I gotta say, I'm a bit confused by the premise. In Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, the test to be a keyblader entailed fighting some angry balls, so what makes this so special? And why is Ansem back for the millionth time? And what's the deal with Mansex Xemnas?

Argh. It looks good, but it just looks like all the new info is just building up to more new info, which is inevitably going to build up to MOAR new info. Huzzah!

Edited by EXshad

It probably just has to do with Ansem/Xehanort's Heartless being Riku's major enemy in the series, while Xemnas fits for Sora because of Roxas.

How can you make a sequel to a prequel that ended with all the protagonists unable to do anything?

Also, if it wasn't already obvious, SE is going to milk KH for all it's worth, and then some. Remember that even when KH3 ends the story, we're supposedly only a third through the series. :lol:

If you were to ask about Kingdom Hearts 3 to anyone at Square at this point they wouldn't know what you were talking about and say "oh ho! You mean Kingdom Hearts 3D!" or even "Kingdom Hearts coded/Re:coded is the sequel to KH2." Square is a master at trolling. -_-

So the majority of KH3D is likely going to be a dream? :/ Doesn't that make it kind of unimportant? Seems like every KH made for a Nintendo system blows.

Also while I'm here, how is that new KHDS game? I liked KH1 and KH2, but I thought KHCOM and KH358/2 were boring pieces of crap. I was so bored I couldn't even finish them. I heard KHBBS was good, but I lack a PSP. Anyway considering I hated the GBA and first DS game but enjoyed the two PS2 games will I enjoy the new DS one or should I just keep ignoring the series until Square stops phoning it in? [/bitter]

Edited by speedfreak

Sure is great to be a fan. So how does the KH fanbase take all of this? Do they greedily take in everything Nomura puts out for them, or do they collectively groan at the plethora of handheld games with no third installment in sight?

Anyway, while I have no intention on playing it, I want to see what sort of worlds Square comes up with for KH3DS.

I wouldn't call myself a huge fan or anything, but I was happy with the idea of BbS and Kingdom Hearts 3D. This making a sequel to BbS thing is ridiculous, though. I just don't see how it's possible.

I wouldn't call myself a huge fan or anything, but I was happy with the idea of BbS and Kingdom Hearts 3D. This making a sequel to BbS thing is ridiculous, though. I just don't see how it's possible.

Two words: King Mickey.

Is a BBS sequel really confirmed? Actually, that sounds good to me, because although the main three from BBS aren't doing anything for at least ten years, there's still lots of other stuff, such as the rise of Ansem's apprentices, birth of the Emblem Heartless, Sephiroth sweeping Zack away (well, at least we can assume its Sephiroth), Maleficent's plots... still plenty of stuff to work with.

I honestly am not surprised by this. It would simply be a Kingdom Hearts game starring Mickey Mouse for a change.

I was under the impression that Disney never wanted Mickey to be the main character of any of the games. Just putting that out there.

About the KH3 fiasco

Its not as if they don't want to develop KH3. Its more like the development of said game won't start until Versus XIII is completely finished, Since noruma specifically stated he wants the same development team working on both games. Even if they didn't bother to release side handheld games the wait for KH3 would be the same. The difference being a massive void of absolutely nothing KH related for 5+ years.

Exactly. We'd be seeing no Kingdom Hearts games, and there's nothing about these fillers that really makes things bad. All of have been fairly good quality wise. Even if some argue that Re:Coded isn't due to the story, it more than makes up for it with gameplay far superior to any Nintendo based Kingdom Hearts before it.

^ I have to agree on this. Though, I don't think we'll have to wait 5+ years for Kingdom Hearts 3. They've probably already got the script written and everything at this point, but they can't begin development until Versus XIII is finished. I'd anticipate 2-3 Years.

Technically, Birth By Sleep is actually considered to be the next "main" game after Kingdom Hearts 2, it just... well... isn't KH3.

As far as Mickey being the main character goes, he was originally planned to be the main character of Kingdom Hearts. I don't see why they couldn't do it in a Birth by Sleep sequel. If there is a BBS sequel (I still don't know where that came from, although I was expecting one) Mickey is the only real choice for a title character, as the prior Keyblade Masters are gone (Aqua, Ventus, Terra), and the new Keyblade Masters haven't begun to wield them yet (Sora, Riku, and later Kairi).

Edited by UltimaHedgie

And Square should have stuck with Mickey as the main character. Probably would have made a lot of shit in the series much less complicated.

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem is that Disney told them it was out of the question right away and said to use Donald instead. Square-Enix didn't like that, so we got Sora.