Awoo.

Kingdom Hearts Discussion Redeux [PS2, GBA,DS,PSP]

Twilight Spines

Wh... what? Disney said that? Donald? Man, they got the right idea. I knew it, Square fucked up.

I have to say amen! I love Donald Duck but he hardly gets any spotlight. D: But then again Square might had fucked up Donald Duck seeing the direction Kingdom Hearts has gone. We will never know.

Wh... what? Disney said that? Donald? Man, they got the right idea. I knew it, Square fucked up.

I don't mind Sora, but yeah, Donald as the main char would have been a bit better. Well, if not Sora, Mickey, or Donald, maybe Goofy's son, Max would have been a good candidate as the main char/keyblade wielder, despite being an obscure Disney char. Eh, idk, it would be kinda cool to see father and son kick Heartless @$$ together.

The problem is that Disney told them it was out of the question right away and said to use Donald instead. Square-Enix didn't like that, so we got Sora.

I would like to say something witty about this, but right now my rage doesn't allow me to speak. Falcon you, Square-Enix, Falcon you.

BBS 2?!

Its not what the world wanted but I can't complain. I immensely enjoyed the first, and even though I am a bit confused as to where the story can go from the end of 1, I'm looking forward to it.

Quick question though, I thought the BBS dev team went on to work on the 3DS tittle. Who's pumping this sequel through the doors?

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I'm still trying to figure out where the hell people have heard about a confirmation off a BBS sequel. It doesn't surprise me, but I just don't see where it was brought up.

BBS 2?!

Its not what the world wanted but I can't complain. I immensely enjoyed the first, and even though I am a bit confused as to where the story can go from the end of 1, I'm looking forward to it.

Quick question though, I thought the BBS dev team went on to work on the 3DS tittle. Who's pumping this sequel through the doors?

Oh, there's plenty of room to expand the story. They can look onto new Disney titles easy enough, and they can cover some of the other events that transpire the following year after BBS takes place. Namely, they can go through the overthrowing of Radiant Garden, the creation of the Emblem Heartless, and Kairi being sent to Destiny Islands.

They can also potentially delve into other stories related to our FF characters. One that could work quite well could include Auron's past, and also what happens to Zack at the end of BBS. Plus, they can start showing how Maleficent and Pete begin seeking out the mysteries of the darkness. Another potential idea would be to showcase some of the events revolving around Simba's childhood.

There's definitely a lot of stuff that they can get into.

I'm still trying to figure out where the hell people have heard about a confirmation off a BBS sequel. It doesn't surprise me, but I just don't see where it was brought up.

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep-Final Mix- Spoilers:

At the end of the secret movie (New secret chapter) it's shown the words "Birth by Sleep vol. 2". so yeah, there will be a BBS 2

Oh, there's plenty of room to expand the story. They can look onto new Disney titles easy enough, and they can cover some of the other events that transpire the following year after BBS takes place. Namely, they can go through the overthrowing of Radiant Garden, the creation of the Emblem Heartless, and Kairi being sent to Destiny Islands.

They can also potentially delve into other stories related to our FF characters. One that could work quite well could include Auron's past, and also what happens to Zack at the end of BBS. Plus, they can start showing how Maleficent and Pete begin seeking out the mysteries of the darkness. Another potential idea would be to showcase some of the events revolving around Simba's childhood.

There's definitely a lot of stuff that they can get into.

Well sure there's a ton of little things to do here and there. I meant as in a continuation of the Terra/Aqua/Ventus storyline. That one might get sticky.

Ah, so its in Final Mix? Okay, thanks for the clarification.

^ Although BBS does star those three, its quite clear that a BBS sequel could not possibly feature them. It would continue sequentially after BBS, but I don't think it would really cover much of what Terra, Aqua, and Ventus did. They may be referenced by some of the characters, but for the most part it wouldn't really cover that... it would just continue on with the known events and explain further some of the things we already know about what happened 9 years before Kingdom Hearts, plus add in some new details.

It would likely hold a similar gameplay style as BBS, too, though.

The real issue is that 3D, the follow up to BbS (and coded/Re:Coded), is already being developed. Why even bother to make another follow up?

Edited by Hero Of Fate

BBS 2 has probably been in development for a long time, just kept under wraps. Nomura hinted that there were two games after BBS/Coded/Days and before KH3, and this fits the bill. Plus, he's wanted cover Mickey's adventure in the dark realm for a while.

If it's that game, then I'm all for it. I somehow doubt it, though.

I wouldn't say that idea is too far off, considering what is said in Re:coded's secret ending.

Mickey says he's close to finding out where Ven's heart is. To which Yen Sid repies, "then that leaves only Terra". So they already know where Aqua is. I think Mickey met up with Aqua in the Dark Realm during his time there in Kingdom Hearts 1, but couldn't save her at the moment for reasons unknown.

Speculation is fun.

More details on DDS.

- it seems that even in the same area, these two will encounter different enemies

- expect to see Sora swinging from poles, Riku kicking off walls to advance, and Sora sliding down a rope at high speeds

- they know the name isn't grammatically correct, but they like the sound

- drop in particular has something to do with the gameplay

- expect to see a lot of actions that aren't normally in Kingdom Hearts games

- the evolution of the Kingdom Hearts series has taken a mix of Final Fantasy elements, and evolved it beyond Final Fantasy to this title

- Versus XIII forms a pair with Kingdom Hearts 3D and the future Kingdom Hearts series

- the actions shown in KH3D provide a glimpse at the image of the future of the series, and Kingdom Hearts III

- Nomura says that numbered Kingdom Hearts games should have proper and orthodox evolutions, but they want to make bold moves in the non-numbered titles as well

- "By playing this, you will probably understand how Kingdom Hearts III will evolve."

- Sora and Riku's Mark of Mastery test will not span the entirety of the game

- changes between characters happen all the time, and aren't just related to key story elements

- the 'Drop Gauge' shown in the trailer has a number of secrets to it

- character changes are somewhat related to a countdown event

- Riku and Sora's stories are different

- they don't have the same goals, or the same bosses either

- they have different moves, and even different control methods

- the bell tower area looked a bit like The Hunchback of Notre Dame, but this was not confirmed

- no specific count on the new worlds, but they come from fan requests

- "Also, there are still titles that were not announced this time."

Summary from GoNintendo

I've been trying to get 20 trophies in Re:Coded so I can actually say I unlocked the secret ending. This is taking a long ass time, it took like 3 hours alone to clear the whole 30-layer challenge in OC.

^ We've been talking about this for the past 1-3 pages. In any case, when are we getting KH3? When they have a chance to work on it. Probably 2 years, MAYBE three. I say 2, though, because I honestly think that KH3 has already been started... just barely, since the main team is still putting the finishing touches on Versus XIII.

I just want KH3 already though. I mean... BBS was good and volume 2 will most likely be as good, but they can't make anymore KH games besides BBS and maybe DDS without it being an obvious cash cow

Nomura has recently revealed what 3D's title actually means. "Dream, Drop, Distance" pretty much means "how far you fall into slumber" which is fitting for the cast of BBS and Sora.

• 2 weeks later...