Awoo.

Kingdom Hearts Discussion Redeux [PS2, GBA,DS,PSP]

Twilight Spines

But yeah, trailer's awesome... and did anyone notice the "black cloak" battle mysteriously absent from the Japanese version? (At least, I have never heard of it from anything I've read or watched about Birth By Sleep). Sephiroth in US KH, anyone?

Yeah they said something about adding another boss and a Critical Mode to the US version. New boss looks like Xemnas judging from the look of the weapons, which is kind of weird but whatever.

Edited by X-Alted

The 3DS game seems to be a remake/port of the first game, methinks. Of course, that's not really a bad thing for Nintendo fans, especially as long as it includes the Final Mix content.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

The 3DS game seems to be a remake/port of the first game, methinks. Of course, that's not really a bad thing for Nintendo fans, especially as long as it includes the Final Mix content.

This. I never owned a PS2, so I missed out on all of Kingdom Hearts until 368/2 Days, which i'm still playing it's so good. So if I can get a chance to play this on the 3DS then that's fine with me, even if in the end it would be less expensive to just buy a PS2, hey it's portable and that'll be great.

Though, I SHOULD actually go and get a PS2 anyways. Eh.

I really think it isn't, since a Nobody is in Traverse Town for some reason

and the only Nobody in the game if I recall correctly is Xemnas

and for some odd reason one of the screens shows you playing as Riku apparently(unless I missed something from the first game). But hey, maybe it is a remake/port but with more content! That'd be pretty awesome.

So hey, how about some Re:coded?

http://na.square-enix.com/e310/gamesDetail.html?id=10

THe actual gameplay screen looks kind of like 358/2 Days (which is perfectly acceptable).

Honestly, I'd prefer it to be a remake. I hate how this game looks EXACTLY like the first Kingdom Hearts. It would be very cool if it was a KH1 remake featuring Riku as an additional character.

Still, I can't judge much yet. I just don't like what I've seen so far. I like how KH2 took some prior worlds and revamped them. Chain of Memories was a little different from the first because you're not actually playing through the exact same place as the first game. 358/2 Days did have some of the same areas, but a lot of new stuff, too, plus the mission system. Coded, on the other hand, is a bit different in looks.

Anyway, I guess I have to see more. I do like playable Riku.

Honestly, I'd prefer it to be a remake. I hate how this game looks EXACTLY like the first Kingdom Hearts. It would be very cool if it was a KH1 remake featuring Riku as an additional character.

That's impossible, considering Riku is a villain for most of KHI.

If you ask me this cannot be a port or remake.

Kingdom Hearts I - Had no playable Riku or Nobody enemies, there are plot related reasons for this so they can't be changed

Kingdom Hearts Re:CoM - Had no Nobody enemies until the final boss, and the worlds were laid out much more weirdly, that looks like normal Traverse Town to me

Kingdom Hearts II - Has older Sora and Riku

This can't be a port - For plot related reasons.

Just FYI guys.

And so what if it looks exactly the same as the PS2 games? That's what KH does, they all have a very finite plot, and all games are very importantly connected, so the games featuring Sora will look the same, just like Re:CoM looked exactly like KHI. This actually looks much smoother than KHI, more like an end gen PS2 game.

It's not a port, but it definitely sounds like another retread of the first game which is a big turn off for me.

There have already been so many retreads of KH1, I've gotten kinda sick of it. Throwing in some spice is nice (Nobodies and Riku), but not enough to make the entire experience fresh.

For now, I'll just keep my eyes on Birth by Sleep. It seems to be the original game I've been waiting for since KHII.

'Sup bras.

Kingdom Hearts 3D is a completely new game

Someone has summarised the behind closed doors trailer shown, which will possibly leak eventually, either that or we'll be waiting until TGS. In any case, this was the game Nomura was talking about when he said he was going to "make an impact" at E3. A smaller impact than I was anticipating... I thought he meant an FFVII remake. :lol:

With this and Re:coded headed to Nintendo portables, that leaves Nintendo with 4 KH titles. None of which are mainseries titles, but it's still impressive considering Sony's 4 KH titles, and how much Nomura supposedly "hates" Nintendo.

Maybe he hates them less now, lol.

I don't mind the game retreading KHI, because in all likelihood it will have some plot significance (and hopefully much more than Days did...). Plus it'll be nice to finally play a true KH game as Sora on a handheld. Roxas, Terra, Aqua, Ven, and PlatformingpuzzlingcodedSora just aren't the same. ;)

• 1 month later...

Birth By Sleep gets EU special edition, includes two exclusive items

Square Enix has announced that the September 10 release of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep on PSP will be joined by a Special Edition.

In addition to a copy of the game, the there are two exclusive items inlcuded:

- Two Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep art prints

- A 48-page hardback artwork book entitled "The Art of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep".

The Special Edition is being distributed in UK, France, Germany/Austria/Switzerland, Nordic countries, Benelux, Spain, Italy, Australia/New Zealand, Russia, Portugal, Greece and Cyprus.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/birth_by_sleep_gets_eu_special_edition.html

Good news for Kingdom Hearts fans, my wife's best friend will be glad to hear this as she's a huuuuuuuge Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy fan :lol:

I wonder what kind of storyline KH3D will bring?

Probably more convoluted plotlines, bringing contradictory rules and deus ex machina and more clones.

Got a promotioal e-mail for Kingom Hearts: Birth By Sleep today and it shows the box art for the special edition, here's the main portion of the e-mail -

khbbsspecialeditionfull.jpg

EDIT:

Looks like the special edition is going to cost £5 more than the game on its own -

http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?s=kingdom+hearts+birth+by+sleep

Man, I can't wait until Kingdom hearts 3 comes out...when I'm still an adultalescent

The reason there are so many KH sidestories is because Nomura's team is taking fucking forever working on VersusXIII. That was announced forever ago and will be released forever in the future.

After that's finished they'll finally start working on KHIII. In the meantime we'll have a whopping great six side games making the plot more and more complicated ;~;

The reason there are so many KH sidestories is because Nomura's team is taking fucking forever working on VersusXIII. That was announced forever ago and will be released forever in the future.

After that's finished they'll finally start working on KHIII. In the meantime we'll have a whopping great six side games making the plot more and more complicated ;~;

Well, at least now, they have FFXIII's team helping them. So the release maybe around next year.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=132172

This information comes from a Dengeki interview with Tetsuya Nomura...

Kingdom Hearts 3DS

- trade off between Sora and Riku as main characters

- this switching is key to the game

- Nomura is looking into using the 3DS' 3D effects to compliment 'falling', but wouldn't go into greater detail

- 'A KH you can touch, a falling Sora, and a flying Riku."

- trust is a major theme of the game, and it shows that by trusting others, you can do things that you otherwise couldn't

Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded

- influenced by 3 Kingdom Hearts games

- has the story of the original release of Re: Coded

- it takes the growth system of 358/2 Days

- battle system from Birth by Sleep

- looking to simplify controls

- auto jump

- assistance for when you attack with your keyblade

- the 'cheat' option lets you change the game difficulty on the fly

- the game is also influenced by The World Ends With You

- tag mode functionality

- Trophy system

- the game is also influenced by The World Ends With You

FUCK YEAH!

FUCK YEAH!

Oh god I don't know how that will possibly work but safjhadskjsafks

Consider me interested! This'll surely be much better than 358/2 Days.

Watch, in the end, if you haven't played EVERY FUCKING GAME KHIII will make no sense at all because they all have this certain stick that ends up being REALLY FUCKING IMPORTANT.

Watch, in the end, if you haven't played EVERY FUCKING GAME KHIII will make no sense at all because they all have this certain stick that ends up being REALLY FUCKING IMPORTANT.

Well that won't be a problem for me because I even enjoyed 358/2 Days and that was pretty damn tedious. :3

Well that won't be a problem for me because I even enjoyed 358/2 Days and that was pretty damn tedious. :3

Tedious? What was so tedious about it? I got the whole thing done in a day I was so hooked.

Tedious? What was so tedious about it? I got the whole thing done in a day I was so hooked.

Just the way the game was laid out with those missions, day after day after day, and story that was barely interesting compared to most KH games.

The gameplay and graphics were brilliant and very KH, but the structure and story were a bit blah.

Eventhough Versus looks like the greatest shit since sliced bread, I really want Nomura to atleast focus on the game that everybody would want: Final Fantasy 7.

Back on topic, this mindscrew of a series is ridiculous. Now its gotten to the point where

Sora has 4 alter egos living inside of him: Ven, Roxas, Xion, and Vanitas.

Funny enough, this explains is forms and his ability to dual wield, tri-wield, and ,maybe in the future, quadruple wielding. Honestly, the only thing that makes this series so appealing is the sheer amount of

I was under the impression that Vanitas doesn't exist inside Ven's heart anymore, unless I missed something. Speaking of which, Roxas is technically Ven, kind of, so we only have 2 and a half people inside Sora at the moment. Still pretty ridiculous, but I love the series all the same.

I can't wait to see how Kingdom Hearts: 3D's plot is going to work out.

Back on topic, this mindscrew of a series is ridiculous. Now its gotten to the point where

The way I have it figured out is this,

Vanitas is Ven's darker side, while Ven is the light side. When they fused, they became one and the same. However, Vanitas was made from Ven's inner darkness, but the inner darkness was not Vanitas until he was formed. When Ven's light merged with Sora, he isn't part of Sora, but his light is.

Because Sora now is carrying the light of two people, part of it became Roxas, so Roxas took on Ven's form. Xion was created to mirror Roxas, but was not her own person. When she died, she stopped existing because she was never truly in existance in the first place, only being what she could take from Roxas and Sora.

By releasing what she had taken, she was wiped from existence and no longer exists, simply being a part of Sora. Roxas exists because he was an actual being. A Nobody, but he was still real. His personality merged with Sora and he could continue to exist somewhat with a separate consciousness. Roxas' conscience is Ven's light, meaning that in the end, Sora is not 4 people, but only two.