Awoo.

Kingdom Hearts Discussion Redeux [PS2, GBA,DS,PSP]

Twilight Spines

I don't know if this warrants a bump but there are some odd things going on in the Kingdom Hearts: 3D screenshots. Sora is holding is Keyblade the wrong way (the teeth pointing down instead of up) and his hair is reversed. Could it be that Kingdom Hearts has an alternate dimension?

Something occurred to me. Is Vanitas definitely gone? I mean if Ventus' light is part of Sora, what happened to the darkness? It wouldn't just disappear would it? Maybe the Anti Form Sora sometimes goes into when he uses his other forms is actually Vanitas?

I don't know if this warrants a bump but there are some odd things going on in the Kingdom Hearts: 3D screenshots. Sora is holding is Keyblade the wrong way (the teeth pointing down instead of up) and his hair is reversed. Could it be that Kingdom Hearts has an alternate dimension?

Hm, interesting observation... Maybe this is some part of Sora's memory reconstruction during the time between CoM and KH2 or something? It's all jumbled up with the keyblade being wrong and a Twilight Thorn being in Traverse Town because Namine is still putting his memories back together and they're in the wrong order? I know that it was Roxas that fought the Twilight Thorn not Sora, but if Roxas was having glimpses of Sora's memories maybe it worked the other way around too.

, interesting observation... Maybe this is some part of Sora's memory reconstruction during the time between CoM and KH2 or something? It's all jumbled up with the keyblade being wrong and a Twilight Thorn being in Traverse Town because Namine is still putting his memories back together and they're in the wrong order? I know that it was Roxas that fought the Twilight Thorn not Sora, but if Roxas was having glimpses of Sora's memories maybe it worked the other way around too.

That's a nice idea actually, a game that takes place in the year that Sora was asleep, running alongside 358/2 Days.

I would like to see more of Naminé, KHII really didn't do any justice for her at all.

It really annoyed me actually.

Hm, interesting observation... Maybe this is some part of Sora's memory reconstruction during the time between CoM and KH2 or something? It's all jumbled up with the keyblade being wrong and a Twilight Thorn being in Traverse Town because Namine is still putting his memories back together and they're in the wrong order? I know that it was Roxas that fought the Twilight Thorn not Sora, but if Roxas was having glimpses of Sora's memories maybe it worked the other way around too.

I like that idea for the most part, since using that idea can explain *BbS Spoilers*

the "data" Ansem the Wise put in Sora.

My only gripe about that though is that 358/2 Days already worked at that a bit explaining why the process took so long in the first place. The story could get a lot more complicated if you're running around in Sora's memories as Sora and Riku and then...well, Xion happens. It is possible though.

The thing is that they all had a very distinct personality so my statement counts that Sora has 4 alter egos in him. Ven was naive, but he had a temper. Roxas was pure Angst. Xion was pitiful. Vanitas is pretty much a psycho killer. Sure, Ven is the real persona for 3 of those, but honestly, he only complicates things to a minimal extent compared to Roxas, Vanitas, and Xion. For some unexplained reason, Vanitas looks just like Sora. He even has the same damn voice. So they can't be that similiar. The fact that they all have been seperated at one point probably will be a plot point and knowing Nomura, it will complicate the hell out of things. And Vanitas was the source of the Unversed. Yeah, thats not going to affect at all.

Something occurred to me. Is Vanitas definitely gone? I mean if Ventus' light is part of Sora, what happened to the darkness? It wouldn't just disappear would it?

Vanitas disappeared, or at least that's how things stand now. Why else would he need to return to Sora?

Roxas was pure Angst.

...Huh?

Roxas was more than just angst. In Days he showed that he was a lot like Sora. Occasionally upbeat, cared about his friends, and while he had a lot of questions, there really wasn't a lot of angst.

In KH2 he's spacey and a bit more stoic, but all his 'angst' was merited, given the circumstances.

Vanitas is pretty much a psycho killer.

Vanitas is pretty crazy, but he's also calm, manipulative, and pretty darn smart. Basically a big bastard.

Anyway, Vanitas's appearance isn't unexplained.

It's because he's the darkness in Ven's heart. When Ven connected his heart to Sora's, he took on Sora's appearance. That's all there is to it.

Edited by Mega

I've heard that Birth By Sleep is actually considered to be a "main" game in the Kingdom Hearts series by Nomura, hence all the wait on Kingdom Hearts 3. Birth By Sleep may be a prequel, but it isn't considered to be a spinoff by Nomura.

KH3, yes, isn't being worked on yet because Nomura is still working on Versus XIII. More than likely the story has been written, perhaps with a little bit of development, but the rest is waiting on Versus XIII.

I still don't get where Coded comes into place. The only possible way I can think of it fitting into the main games is if either A.) the teaser did NOT accurately show the characters and Riku/Sora really do have their older appearance, or B.) it takes place in a dream world while Sora is sleeping (which makes NO SENSE whatsoever).

If A is correct, I suspect that the "secret ending" of Birth By Sleep is alluding to this game and NOT Kingdom Hearts 3.

I think you're mixing up Coded with 3D. Coded IS a spin-off, that was originally on cellphones but is being remade for DS with 3D graphics. 3D, on 3DS, is supposedly a major title.

KH3D is literally the third title I'll bet. PS3 and 3DS? Both have 3D functionality. Just slap a D on KH3 and bam.

Idk about that. KHIII will surely take place after Coded, and will feature teen Sora/Riku/Kairi and Donald and Goofy and whatnot.

Also, I don't really consider BbS a mainseries game, not to mention all the spinoffs are pretty damn important to the plot (just look at CoM)

Because Sora isn't the main character in it. I know that's lame reasoning but Nomura keeps saying that KH is Sora's story. Every passing game where Sora isn't the main character I get a bit sad.

Well, I like it when the series takes some focus away from Sora and briefly develops on other characters and side-stories, like Roxas's backstory and the BBS trio.

Edited by Pikachu in a Sombrero

Every passing game where Sora isn't the main character I get a bit sad.

Well, it might be Sora's story, but look at this stuff. Sora would never have HAD a story if it wasn't for Terra, Aqua, and Ventus. Roxas is pretty important because of what he went through in the end, just to keep Sora's memories safe. Coded is more than likely super important too.

It's like, we can see the hero, but before that let's give some props to the fuckers who started the whole thing.

Well, it might be Sora's story, but look at this stuff. Sora would never have HAD a story if it wasn't for Terra, Aqua, and Ventus. Roxas is pretty important because of what he went through in the end, just to keep Sora's memories safe. Coded is more than likely super important too.

It's like, we can see the hero, but before that let's give some props to the fuckers who started the whole thing.

Well BbS isn't exactly necessary (backstory never is I guess), infact I think it kinda demeans Sora, it takes away the importance of what he's done because there are all these guys running around who are just as important as him.

But then again I loved Crisis Core so derp

Well BbS isn't exactly necessary (backstory never is I guess), infact I think it kinda demeans Sora, it takes away the importance of what he's done because there are all these guys running around who are just as important as him.

See, I actually like that because, honestly? I find Ven, Aqua, and Terra to be stronger characters as far as personality goes than Sora.

Don't get me wrong. Sora was great in KH1, but I found him flat as hell in Kingdom Hearts 2. ...But I have so many problems with KH2 that I might be biased. In fact, I probably am as, storywise, KH2 is my least favorite in the series. |D;

That being said, I don't think every game should focus on Sora because eventually it'll get old. And BBS still does connect to Sora.

After all...

Sora's going to have to save Ven, Aqua, and Terra.

I dunno. I just think that Sora's importance is far too emphasized right now. I liked it better when he was a kid who got the Keyblade on accident and was otherwise a pretty normal kid.

Still, I consider BBS to be on par with KH1 in terms of story. It succeeded where KH2 failed in terms of delivering a strong story with great characters.

Edited by Mega

Coded is more than likely super important too.

It isn't at all. The only thing relatively important about the game if I recall correctly is that it tells us exactly what Mickey wrote in his letter to Sora at the end of Kingdom Hearts II (That some people are still in torment and they need saving blah blah blah). The secret ending of BbS does the same thing if not better than Coded does (though you don't see the letter itself, Sora pretty much sums it up). It also has more of an emotional impact than Coded does if you ask me.

Edited by Nix

I like Sora because he's a "hero", I too am a bit annoyed with what they did to him in KH2, he seemed more like a story catalyst than someone the story actually revolved around.

That needs to change. Nomura needs to make us like Sora again.

In any case I can't wait for BbS, I've managed to avoid a lot of info on it, so hopefully there will be some surprises for me.

Definately Getting the special edition when it gets here ( going to preorder when i has the moneys)

Vanitas and Eraqus have some of the better English voices in this. Aqua's is pretty terrible.

Agreed, which is a shame because I love (read: LOVE) Aqua's character design.

Why the hell couldn't Disney/Square hire someone better, seriously :|

Edited by SuperLink

Oh, c'mon. I don't think she's that bad, really. Her voice acting in the Keyblade Graveyard scene was very well done. I think it's just the fact that this is her first role in KH and her Eng voice is just so different from her Japanese one. :|a

At least she's not Mena Suvari?

Different, but I don't think she handles the role too well. But, she isn't too bad. Not Mena Suvari bad anyway. English Vanitas is a different portrayal and it works well. But, yeah, can't wait for the game to come out.

Since the first attempt at the GamesCom trailer wasn't exactly that well edited, Square have released a "final-er" trailer featuring better editing, a new scene featuring Terra and Xehanort, and Simple & Clean instead of Vanitas' theme. That means you can actually hear the voices in the second half of the trailer more clearly.

V-Jump has also released new Re:Coded scans, featuring Olympus Coliseum and some new artwork.

Edited by chaoscontrol14