Famitsu:26/40

Metacritic:6.6/10

Game Daily:7/10

Games Radar:6/10

Gamemaster Magazine:58%

Official Nintendo Magazine(ONM):78%

Gametrailers:5.7/10

Gamespot:4.5/10

EDIT: This is now the Wii/PS2 Unleashed vs 360/PS3 discussion. Please keep the flaming at a minimum.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Don't forget to add the score from Famitsu. They gave it a 26/40, which is an alright score. Better than IGN's atleast, urgh.

And add a Metacritic user score of 6.6/10. (currently)

And regarding IGN, they also gave Sonic Adventure 2: Battle a score of 6.9/10.

And add a Metacritic user score of 6.6/10. (currently)

And regarding IGN, they also gave Sonic Adventure 2: Battle a score of 6.9/10.

I think they gave SA2B a 6.9 because they'd already given SA2 a 7.5. Or something like that.

Anyway, I guess you can't love the classics and love this at the same time, if there really are no loops, as IGN says. Also, the sword doesn't read your swing with the wiimote, it just acts like you're pressing a button. On the other hand, I've seen lots of dynamic setpieces in the trailers, and I got the same button-pressing feel from Twilight Princess, sooo...I'm probably siding with NP on this one.

Well, here's what I pust on the sonicanime board.

Well, it's late. I just finished the story.

Where should I start? Hmm.

Big spoilers, so go away if you don't want to be spoiled.

I love the references to past games: remix of It dosen't matter, Theme of Throw it all away when Lancelot appears, Knuckles theme from Sonic Adventure 1, Amy's theme from Sonic adventure 1,and Sonic refencing the Biolizard to name a few.

The final boss, and cutscenes are remarkable. The final boss is a funky combo gameplay wise of Solaris and Alf wa layla.

Playing as the other characters is a real treat. Lancelot air skating all over the place as well as using chaos control: fun, fun, fun.

Now for the core gameplay, sometimes it can get repetitive. All the slashing, on-rails gameplay, it just can repetitive at times.

On the bright side, it's not quite the slash fest I thought it would be. You need go guard well, and be mindful of attacking. Otherwise, enemies with jumping slashes and spinning attacks will beat you up.

I really like the soundtrack as well, and the graphics are neato, especially in the fire levels.

Overall, I think it's a great game that does a good job of improving upon the Secret Rings formula.

BTW, when you face lancelot for the second time? How the heck do you win those sword locks? No matter what timing I try, I never can win the sword lock. :/

Well, here's what I pust on the sonicanime board.

Well, it's late. I just finished the story.

Where should I start? Hmm.

Big spoilers, so go away if you don't want to be spoiled.

I love the references to past games: remix of It dosen't matter, Theme of Throw it all away when Lancelot appears, Knuckles theme from Sonic Adventure 1, Amy's theme from Sonic adventure 1,and Sonic refencing the Biolizard to name a few.

The final boss, and cutscenes are remarkable. The final boss is a funky combo gameplay wise of Solaris and Alf wa layla.

Playing as the other characters is a real treat. Lancelot air skating all over the place as well as using chaos control: fun, fun, fun.

Now for the core gameplay, sometimes it can get repetitive. All the slashing, on-rails gameplay, it just can repetitive at times.

On the bright side, it's not quite the slash fest I thought it would be. You need go guard well, and be mindful of attacking. Otherwise, enemies with jumping slashes and spinning attacks will beat you up.

I really like the soundtrack as well, and the graphics are neato, especially in the fire levels.

Overall, I think it's a great game that does a good job of improving upon the Secret Rings formula.

BTW, when you face lancelot for the second time? How the heck do you win those sword locks? No matter what timing I try, I never can win the sword lock. :/

Do you play as the optional characters in one level or any level you want (Besides themselves and last boss)

And what would your score be?

Meh, I don't get into scores. 8.5 - 9.0 I guess.

You play as the other characters in specific levels; I don't know which ones or how many. There's at least four levels, with all the accompanying side missions.

So you can't choose to play as them freely for the whole adventure mode? If so that royally suuuucks. *sigh*

You can play as the other three characters in any level after Faraway Avalon (I think that's the right name...) and excluding Dark Hollow (this "stage" really only consists of the final boss). I don't know what the exact stages are, though, but I do know that its four stages.

Arg... lame... I was hoping it'd be more like Sonic 3/Sonic Advance series, in which you unlock a character then play as them from start to finish.

Their models are programmed into the gameplay, what's the big idea?

So are Silver and Jet only playable in multiplayer, or can they be used in the main game as well?

Edited by Indigo Rush

So are Silver and Jet only playable in multiplayer, or can they be used in the main game as well?

I've believe they're multiplayer only. I've already unlocked Galahad(Silver) for that, but he wasn't optional in the story mode. Oh well.

Yush, I'm curious about multiplayer also. Is it better than the party games in Secret Rings?

Shame about the other playable characters but...I don't care, atleast you get to play as Knuckles again, finally!

Arg... lame... I was hoping it'd be more like Sonic 3/Sonic Advance series, in which you unlock a character then play as them from start to finish.

Their models are programmed into the gameplay, what's the big idea?

Actually, my mistake. Make that Knight's Passage. Faraway Avalon is only a boss battle, and they become available post Knight's Passage, in the stages Shrouded Forest, Great Megalith, Dragon's Lair, and The Cauldron (and each of these stages seem to be related to other stages previous in the game; Shrouded Forest to Deep Woods, Great Megalith to Titanic Plains, Dragon's Lair to Crystal Caves, and The Cauldron to Molten Mine. Knight's Escape is also related to Camelot Castle.)

Has anyone actually unlocked Lamorak (Jet) yet? I know Galahad (Silver) is unlocked by

beating a harder battle against Lancelot

, but I don't know about Jet.

That's not too bad a score really. Phew, atleast now we know this game will be getting mixed reviews. Heh, much like Unleashed.

http://www.gamedaily.com/games/sonic-and-t...view/7479/2263/

7/10 from Game Daily.

For reference, here are their other scores for recent Sonic games:

Sonic and the Secret Rings-5/10

Sonic Unleashed (Wii)-7/10

Sonic Unleashed (360)-5/10

That's insane, I guess they must have liked it! But they gave Sonic Unleashed 360 a bad review? Even weirder... Maybe people do like this game afterall.

I'm working on a user review. A lot of you already know my opinion on this game, but I am still willing to deliver a detail insight to why I enjoyed the game, instead of just yelling, "IT'Z A FUND GAM!!! BUY IT NOA11!!!1" XP

Expect it finished by tomorrow.

"Too short and too on-rails"

To paraphrase what someone once posted in the old SSMB's Dead Space Extraction thread... it's easier and cheaper to make an on-rails game than a non-rails game. Guess they didn't feel like putting as much thought, effort or developmental skill into the gameplay as they do the cut scenes.

I rented the game and beat it in four hours. XD It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, though a few parts wanted me to break the disc in half. (Stupid lava level, I just HAD to play it as a new character, kept on dying at the jump with the fireball thing in the lava pit; and then with that stupid boss...) As everyone said, the cutscenes were amazing in the game but I got disappointed at first with the storybook style but that eventually grew on me. (Being only a 4 hour game it didn't take long. :P) I'm not really a fan of the Wiimote, well more like using it, but all it was just the flick of the wrist so I didn't mind too much.

3/4s of the game though I said screw it and didn't bother attacking the enemies anymore. Whenever a group spawns up I'd just jump over them and be on my way. Dang, that reminds me you flew when you used the soul charge with no enemies around! :eek:

So all in all I say the game's alright. I wouldn't buy it, though it makes a perfect rental.