Awoo.

Showcase: Delays and Christmas Updates

Roareye Black

Sorry for the long wait for updates folks. Unfortunately, as seemed to happen every time SSN got to full working condition, my PC broke down just after SSN came back online in November. This time completely fried, the Hard Drive, graphics card, USB ports, DVD drive and Memory Card slots all failed luckily all within guarantee. Let that be a lesson to anyone considering a slimline desktop computer. They suck.

Took a month but they finally gave me my money back and I saved up some dough for a new machine, a top of the range Sony laptop which is a pure graphical powerhouse. 6Gb RAM, Top graphics card with 1Gb Graphics RAM, 1080p screen with Blu-Ray… lest to say this baby won’t be dying out from the strain of artwork anytime soon. Huzzah! In the time my PC was dead, I did not stop working on the site, rather my Netbook had so little power and such a bad wifi card (Cuts out every 10 minutes then fails to reconnect unless I connect it with a wire then disconnect) that it was impossible to do any solid video editting for one Article, and it was difficult to reach the server to upload a long awaited Industry Interview.

So how will we make up for this my friends? Well, I have at least an ArtWatch by Professor J, and a SpriteWatch, Industry Article and Industry Interview by myself to be released over the Christmas period, mostly on Christmas Day! There will also be coverage of the Wrecks Factor event on Sonic Wrecks and there should be some more Watches to follow. Apologies for getting the community excited about continuous content updates and then dropping off of the radar for a month, if I had it my way it wouldn’t have happened. I am now working closer with the rest of the Staff to ensure that if I should encounter an internet blackout again, the site still receives regular updates. Apologies again guys, and MERRY CHRISTMAS :D

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roareye Black

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic