Awoo.

Old school Sonic/ New school Sonic

Segamaster

When I was watching Sonic X, I imagined the Popeye theme every time they used the rings.

Eat fifty cans of spinach to go SUPER SAILOR.

:lol:

Eat fifty cans of spinach to go SUPER SAILOR.

:lol:

I chuckled for a full two minutes 'cause of that.

Listen, for the last time Sonic can move at HYPER SONIC SPEEDS, not just AT the speed of sound. Where are you getting this info from? Where ever it is, it's false. and I still say old school design is best, sure there are a few old school fans who disagree, but the majority of people that really likes Sonic's new design are the new Sonic fans and when i mean new i mean that came in around Sonic Adventure and up. But there's nothing wrong with that, but the cool simplistic design of Sonic is just far better in my opinion, and he look's nothing like mickey mouse so those of you that are saying that needs to go else where witht that non-sense :blink:

Sonic has the ability to break the sound barrier. Last I checked, that's at least the speed of sound, if not higher. Check your info before spouting "facts", you twit.

Also, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't walk around here like you're all that, saying what you feel like and acting like you deserve some respect and your opinion is the be all end all fact. We've got enough jerks like that here as it is.

In short, quit lording our opinion over everyone else's and piss off. :angry:

Sonic has the ability to break the sound barrier. Last I checked, that's at least the speed of sound, if not higher. Check your info before spouting "facts", you twit.

Also, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't walk around here like you're all that, saying what you feel like and acting like you deserve some respect and your opinion is the be all end all fact. We've got enough jerks like that here as it is.

In short, quit lording our opinion over everyone else's and piss off. :angry:

First off, hyper sonic speeds are BEYOND super sonic speeds, look it up on wiki kid.

And I never said I'm better than anyone, and trust me, my opinion is not " Be all fact" just the one about the speed of sound and that's it, but with Sonic's design? That's just opinion. We all have opinions here, yeah I disargee with others here but that's about it. were all equal here so stop acting like a ass, i know your prob a cool dude in person but i take shit from no one, so quit acting like a dork or you will get a strike, you've been warned, guy.

Anyway, I really dig Sonic's old school design, he had such a simplistic yet funky vibe to'em.

Edited by Segamaster

First off, hyper sonic speeds are BEYOND super sonic speeds, look it up on wiki kid.

He doesn't have to, Wikipedia sucks anyway.

And I never said I'm better than anyone, and trust me, my opinion is not " Be all fact" just the one about the speed of sound and that's it, but with Sonic's design? That's just opinion. We all have opinions here, yeah I disargee with others here but that's about it. were all equal here so stop acting like a ass,

You jumped down a guy's throat just for making his own opinion, then you told others who compared

Sonic's old design to Mickey Mouse to go somewhere else like you have the right to say so...I'm sorry, who's the ass?

i know your prob a cool dude in person but i take shit from no one, so quit acting like a dork or you will get a strike, you've been warned, guy.

By who? You? Where's your Mod powers?

Where does it even state that Sonic can run at hypersonic speeds?

...you don't know who you're talking to, do you? Ryan isn't exactly a n00b, you n00b. And besides, you're using Wikipedia as a solid source? Heh heh heh...

And I never said I'm better than anyone, and trust me, my opinion is not " Be all fact" just the one about the speed of sound and that's it, but with Sonic's design? That's just opinion. We all have opinions here, yeah I disargee with others here but that's about it. were all equal here so stop acting like a ass,

Wow, your grammar sucks. Also, just because he pointed out your faults does not make him an "ass." I've seen many older and wiser members like Ryan be disrespected by guys like you.

i know your prob a cool dude in person but i take shit from no one, so quit acting like a dork or you will get a strike, you've been warned, guy.

picture1rip.png

So... you're going to tattle on Ryan for having a strong counter-argument to your argument? You're probably just throwing a tantrum because he called you a 'twit.' Grow up.

Yeah I apologize guy's and specifically you ryan, I'm dealing with an ASSHOLE on my end and I let some of that anger out on you, and for that I'm sorry.

Oh and it says it in my alot of old Sonic profiles I've read back in the day, and more recently the Sonic Adventure DX profile in my booklet.

And wiki is incorrect on some things but there correct on alot of things though.

And for the future, this was a battle between me and him, we don't need any comments from any of you, we can handle ourselves quite fine.

Edited by Segamaster

Wikipedia is a respectable source. Why is any other source on the net any more believable? They were all made by some random internet guy...

That said, why are we arguing about how fast Sonic can go? We know he can break the speed barrier and probably go faster, but SEGA and Sonic Team have never been decisive about his exact speed, and things like "hyper speed" and "super speed" aren't always scientific, if they've ever been used in a Sonic title, it's pretty definitely colloquially, for the "wow cool!" factor, and for nothing else.

Yeah I apologize guy's and specifically you ryan, I'm dealing with an asshole on my end and I let some of that anger out on you, and for that I am sorry.

Oh and it says it in my alot of old Sonic profiles I've read back in the day, and more recently the Sonic Adventure DX profile in my booklet.

T'is okay, we're a forgiving forum. Just be careful who you sass at...

And I would assume it's just an exaggeration about his speed. Sonic's speed is just a notch above 765 miles per hour canonically, and Super Sonic's is just a tad below the speed of light, although using a Chaos Emerald lets him warp and teleport, so it's not really a huge issue.

I aim to please. :lol:

T'is okay, we're a forgiving forum. Just be careful who you sass at...

And I would assume it's just an exaggeration about his speed. Sonic's speed is just a notch above 765 miles per hour canonically, and Super Sonic's is just a tad below the speed of light, although using a Chaos Emerald lets him warp and teleport, so it's not really a huge issue.

Trust me, he's much faster than that, hyper sonic speeds are far above super sonic speeds, sonic team just cannot get a real simulation of that in a game cause there's no tech that can handle that yet. And it's not for a COOL factor, if they say it then allows him to do it, which he has many times before ( figure eight) then it's true, and super sonic can move exacltly at the speed of light, theres no telling what hyper can do, and there is hyper, so don't give the no non canon nonsense.

And yeah I should've dealt with my anger at the source instead of going off on ryan like that, but it would also help to keep shit like that to yourself, cause trust me, i'm not the type guy you can just say stuff to and let you get away with it. The only reason why i'm letting this slide, is because i'm in the wrong, but next time one of you disrespect me, i'm having all of you for lunch, REAL TALK.

So watch what you say to me and anyone else around here, and keep the stupid comments to yourselves, and this board can be something special. No one one should have to put up with someone calling them something inappropriate and when they say something back, they get a stike for it. Just don't call anyone a name at all, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

Trust me, he's much faster than that, hyper sonic speeds are far above super sonic speeds, sonic team just cannot get a real simulation of that in a game cause there's no tech that can handle that yet. And it's not for a COOL factor, if they say it then allows him to do it, which he has many times before ( figure eight) then it's true, and super sonic can move exacltly at the speed of light, theres no telling what hyper can do, and there is hyper, so don't give the no non canon nonsense.

So... do you have a legitimate source? And tell me when the last time Hyper Sonic was used aside from some bonus content in Sonic 3 and Knuckles?

And yeah I should've dealt with my anger at the source instead of going off on ryan like that, but it would also help to keep shit like that to yourself, cause trust me, i'm not the type guy you can just say stuff to and let you get away with it. The only reason why i'm letting this slide, is because i'm in the wrong, but next time one of you disrespect me, i'm having all of you for lunch, REAL TALK.

Jeez! What, are you threatening to track us down or something? It's just the Internet, and whether you're wrong or not, the best you can do is silently throw a fit to yourself in your computer chair.

So watch what you say to me and anyone else around here, and keep the stupid comments to yourselves, and this board can be something special. No one one should have to put up with someone calling them something inappropriate and when they say something back, they get a stike for it. Just don't call anyone a name at all, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

...you're not going to last very long on here with that attitude. Save that "high and mighty" nonsense when Dreadknux magically gives you a position of power. This is a mature community, it would be grand if you were to uphold that reputation for us.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Indigo, try not to rise to the bait. It really isn't worth it.

Segamaster - if there's a problem, please contact a mod. Your attitude and off-topicness in this thread is inappropriate. Also, threatening members here isn't going to earn you many friends, but it WILL earn you a strike. So please calm down and try not to get so riled over personal opinions.

In fact, everyone, please try to chill out a little, okay :) It's no fun when we have to go around locking topics because people can't express opposing opinions without getting personal.

Indigo, try not to rise to the bait. It really isn't worth it.

Fair enough. Just giving him the SSMB warning since he gave us "his." ;)

I'll just leave it to the report button next time. ^__^

Back to Sonic's speeds...

Go to Sonic Channel and look at Sega's official biography on him. It's speed of SOUND. There, there's my proof. Hence the name Sonic, meaning having to do with sound.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I wish he read my post on the last page, I thought that summed it up pretty well :(

But yeah, Sonic Channel will do. I think its safe to say the content there is very canon, and I've not heard Hyper Speed mentioned canonically for a long time, and not seriously either.

Look at the Sonic Adventure DX manual, there's your proof, that's the only source I have at the moment, I remember reading in other places back in the day on his old profile too, but I just can't make that appear outta thin air, cause I wouldn't know where to begin to look. And you have plenty of sources that state between his speeds, one says at the speed of sound, the other says beyond the speed of sound, abd another says hyper. Sonic is an amazing creature his top speed is hyper sonic. Stop being so narrow minded and only thinking he only goes at that one speed, sonic's MUCH faster than you perceive him to be, when they call him the fastest thing alive they ain't joking.

And it doesn't matter that hyper sonic hasn't been seen in a while, he's still canon. The Super Emeralds are canon, just because they haven't use that in a story plot for quite some time doesn't mean it's not there, and plus it's IN SONIC 3 & KNUCKLES so what the hell are you on about.

But whatever, believe what you want to believe, I know Sonic's true speed, this isn't going anywhere cause alot of you are ignorant to his true speeds, so this will keep going in a cycle, let's get back on topic I suppose.

Oh, but one more thing before getting back on topic. Flyfox, I'm not saying it as if i'm going to track them down, thats' just weird 0_o... but if Indidork and anyone else want a piece and want to get slick out the mouth, then they can all come and get it, I don't care about them or the way they feel, that is unimportant to me, you wanna be an ass and be mean? don't expect for me to be nice back. And come to think of it, I wasn't in the wrong to begin with, I was stating something and then Ryan comes in running his mouth like a dumbass, talking about I think I'm better than everyone else which is not true, yeah I disagree with some people's opinions here, but that's about it. Him and his little flunkies come in sucking his wood and running there mouth's as well, so I retract my apology, I have nothing to apologize about.

Like I stated before, If people here keep ignorant comments to themselves then that would be much appreciated, cause you never know if you have people like me that vist this place that would really get annoyed over lil stupid comments like that. All of this could have been avoided.

But yeah...I basically got everything off my chest, so now yeah...I guess we can get back topic now.

Edited by Segamaster

Look at the Sonic Adventure DX manual, there's your proof. And you have plenty of sources that state between his speeds, one says at the speed of sound, the other says beyond the speed of sound, abd another says hyper. Sonic is an amazing creature his top speed is hyper sonic. Stop being so narrow minded and only thinking he only goes at that one speed, sonic's MUCH faster than you perceive him to be, when they call him the fastest thing alive they ain't joking.

He is the world's fastest, hypersonic hedgehog!

With a strong love of freedom the only thing that Sonic hates is oppression. Despite a short temper, deep down he's a really nice guy who is 100% committed to helping those in trouble whenever and wherever he can.

Sonic's adventure begins just as he is returning home from a long journey!

It says he's a hypersonic hedgehog, yes, but where does it say his top speed is that of "hypersonic?"

Supersonic speed is approx. 760 miles per hour according to several sources. Hypersonic is that multiplied by five. Hypersonic speed is only achievable when Sonic has the Chaos Emeralds at his disposal, and even then, he still can barely match the speed of light. I'd scan the article that proves this if I had it. It also had some sweet CG Super Sonic artwork.

And it doesn't matter that hyper sonic hasn't been seen in a while, he's still canon, smartass. The Super Emeralds are canon, just because they haven't use that in a story plot for quite some time doesn't mean it's not there, and plus it's IN SONIC 3 & KNUCKLES so what the hell are you on about.

Swearing does not make you any more intimidating than a 5 year old calling me a "poopy-head."

So, if you're right, then there are 16 Chaos Emeralds, because according to Sonic Spinball, there are. According to Sonic the Fighters, there are 8. Why is the moon magically fixed past SA2? Why were all the Chaos Emeralds green in Sonic Battle?

Just accept the fact that the developers can't keep a straight continuity for what it's worth and drop this argument.

EDIT:

WHO BLOODY CARES HOW FAST SONIC IS. He's FAST. That should be good enough for everyone. Sega of Japan, Europe and America all say it's the speed of sound, and at his full potential with the emeralds, it's the speed of light. That should be simple enough for anyone to get. If you want to argue about specs, parameters and the several regimes of the hypersonic speed classification, go study advanced physics in college and leave it there, because Sonic Team aren't going to get that technical. If there's any mention of hypersonic, it's to give the kiddies an idea of how fast he is.

EDIT 2:

Like I stated before, If people here keep ignorant comments to themselves then that would be much appreciated, cause you never know if you have people like me that vist this place that would really get annoyed over lil stupid comments like that. All of this could have been avoided.

Hypocritical much? Yes, it could have been avoided if you would have acted more maturely and given some of the people on here more respect.

But yeah...I basically got everything off my chest, so now yeah...I guess we can get back topic now.

Gladly.

Edited by Indigo Rush

That means he move's at hyper sonic speed, sometimes they say supersonic too and that's also true. And telling me off, please don't waste your breath I can care less what you say, you don't matter to me guy, so get on with your life.

And that's not being a hypocrite cause you started it first by running your mouth, I was just saying if you and your friends wouldn't have run off at the mouth to begin with this would have nerver happened, so get your facts straigh fella.

Edited by Segamaster

Oi, either grow up or get off these forums; you're nobody to lecture any member on this forum about anything, much less make childish threats (Strike who? You're a moderator?). That's not the kind of environment we want at SSMB and it wont be tolerated. Type properly, take more time with your posts and start behaving in a more humble, mature manner or you're off this board.

Whatever guy, oh and I meant, by reporting that's what I mean by being giving a strike, and don't just talk to me, as you can see it take two to tango, so stop being narrow minded.

Whatever guy, oh and I meant, by reporting that's what I mean by being giving a strike, and don't just talk to me, as you can see it take two to tango, so stop being narrow minded.

You are the weakest link, goodbye XP.

That means he move's at hyper sonic speed.

What does? That one lone manual? Does it come across to you even ONCE that misprints or misinterpretations are more probable than what the designers were hoping for? Of course Sonic can't run at hypersonic speeds, not in regular form at least.

And telling me off, please don't waste your breath I can care less what you say,

I've noticed. People like to call that ignorance.

you don't matter to me guy, so get on with your life

Not sure what to say here, except okay. I'll move on. After I finish working on a certain project I'll get on with my life and leave the Sonic community not because you said so, but because this scene you're providing me made me realize how much time I'm wasting here. Congrats. Get on with your life now.

I'm serious.

EDIT: Just noticed Roarey took care of things. Thanks.

On topic.

One of my favorite things about the classic titles were Sonic's supposed attitude. The thing is, it was just difficult to see ho far it went. This is one of the reasons I prefer the newer look over the older one, not just because of a physical enhancement of visual and ability, but because Sonic can now talk and speak. While we don't have many good examples of how he should sound like (admit it, no voice actor really was that good at Sonic) we get a great look at his snappy side with Sonic Chronicles. Of course, that can be diminished with the fact that you choose what he says.

I guess I just always liked snarky Sonic over goody-two-shoes Sonic.

Edited by Indigo Rush

*looks around*

Looks like that arrogant prick is gone. Good riddance. :angry:

Maybe now we can get back on topic.

The classic titles never really gave us attitude beyond an idle expression. There's only so much tapping your foot in a pissed off manner can do, you know.

*looks around*

Looks like that arrogant prick is gone. Good riddance. :angry:

Maybe now we can get back on topic.

The classic titles never really gave us attitude beyond an idle expression. There's only so much tapping your foot in a pissed off manner can do, you know.

Three cheers, another one bites the dust.

...or the bullet.

And you're right about Sonic being limited to tapping his foot, but consider that perhaps that was all they were capable of doing. I mean, how can you describe attitude without speech. And I doubt Sega would have put Sonic giving people the "Flicky" in the old games if you know what I mean. Most of the characterization was heavily relied on by the cartoons, so it's not a surprise Sonic has retained some of his quirks from the cartoons. Not many of them, though. Even with that being said, the Genesis cover art for Sonic 1 did mention him having an attitude, but that was about it, so it was an open interpretation anyway.

Also the finger wag, and the cheeky grin (just with a closed mouth!)

He's kept the finger wag and the foot tapping to this day.

Three cheers, another one bites the dust.

...or the bullet.

OM NOM NOM. >:3