Awoo.

Old school Sonic/ New school Sonic

Segamaster

I consider the way Sonic behaved in the OVA to be representative of how Sonic behaves. And his idle animations go beyond foot tapping, like I said (I think, the post I'm thinking of might have bee wiped), in Sonic CD, he'd give you a game over if you left him for 3 minutes.

Sonic's impatient even now. Nothing's really changed, he's just been made a little deeper.

Sonic's impatience is one of his most defining traits for me. I love how he's so laid back about most things, but if he's itching to do something and has to wait or is held back by something, he gets all antsy XD

I've never bought in to the whole 'Sonic has a short temper' thing though. I know it's in official manuals and bios, but it's just never been apparent to me. If anything, he's frustratingly difficult to rile, since he treats life like a game and doesn't sweat the petty stuff. So yeah, I've always found that description of him to be odd. Almost every other character in the series has, in my opinion, more of a temper than him.

So yeah, I've always found that description of him to be odd. Almost every other character in the series has, in my opinion, more of a temper than him.

KNUX SMASH! SHADS SMASH! BLAZEY SMASH! AMY SMASH!

...I'VE FOUND YOU ILBIS TRIGGER!!! FACE MY MANLY TEARS!!!

:lol:

Now I can't get that image out of my head.

Now I can't get that image out of my head.

Then I've done my job. :lol:

KNUX SMASH! SHADS SMASH! BLAZEY SMASH! AMY SMASH!

STORM SMASH! OMEGA GO BOOM! BARK SMASH! BEAN GO BOOM! SUPER/HYPER/BURNING _______ SMASH!

MIGHTY HESITATE...THEN SMASH!

CREAM WHIMPER...CHEESE SMASH!

EMERL SMASH! METAL SONIC SMASH!

(After copying everyone else)

PERFECT CHAOS SMASH! WAVE GO BOOM!

WEREHOG SMASH YOU ALL!!!

MIGHTY HESITATE...THEN SMASH!

PACIFIST CRUUUUUSH!!! :lol:

What the hell have I told you all about smoking that Columbian weed? It makes you shout some stoopid shit! :lol:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Alright children, settle down :) Anyhow, I believe the point is more than proved, now. I'd be interested to hear of any examples of Sonic being particularly quick-tempered...

I only see him more as a daredevil.

I never really got any sort of impatience from Sonic at all during the genesis games. I don't even see him as impatient (much) in the newer ones either. He just seems like you over achieving daredevil willing to jump Mt. Everest blindfolded on the first chance he gets.

EDIT: Oh wait, you said quick tempered? I dunno. Sonic was only quick tempered in SA2 and from what I hear the Black Knight. Blazey below me already has the quotes.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Alright children, settle down :) Anyhow, I believe the point is more than proved, now. I'd be interested to hear of any examples of Sonic being particularly quick-tempered...

I been a bad girl, sowwies. :lol:

Hmm...quick tempered Sonic...

"I've finally found you, FAKER!"

"Faker? Hah! You're not even good enough to be my fake."

"I'll make you eat those words!"

I would say that wasn't so much him being inherently quick-tempered, but more a perfectly natural reaction to Shadow, given who and what Shadow is, and how Sonic was framed for it. I dare say, Sonic can lose his cool if really pushed, but I still haven't really seen any examples of him being 'quick-tempered' as a defining trait. A quick-tempered person is someone who loses their temper over things more quickly or more often than most people, and I really can't see Sonic as that at all.

I would say that wasn't so much him being inherently quick-tempered, but more a perfectly natural reaction to Shadow, given who and what Shadow is, and how Sonic was framed for it. I dare say, Sonic can lose his cool if really pushed, but I still haven't really seen any examples of him being 'quick-tempered' as a defining trait. A quick-tempered person is someone who loses their temper over things more quickly or more often than most people, and I really can't see Sonic as that at all.

Yeah, come to think of it, Sonic seems to casual to get angry often. He seems more like the type to respond to adversity with humour.:D

I prefer the new designs for every character, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for the Sonic OVA designs. Something about them fit Sonic very well. The original designs worked in the games, but when drawn he looked ridiculous. However, the classic levels that felt trippy, colorful, and imaginative are much better than the modern, more realistic levels.

Now if only they'd combine the new designs with the old-school trippy levels....oh wait, they did that in Sonic Advance and we all loved it. Why hasn't Sega continued that formula for success?

Sonic's impatience is one of his most defining traits for me. I love how he's so laid back about most things, but if he's itching to do something and has to wait or is held back by something, he gets all antsy XD

I've never bought in to the whole 'Sonic has a short temper' thing though. I know it's in official manuals and bios, but it's just never been apparent to me. If anything, he's frustratingly difficult to rile, since he treats life like a game and doesn't sweat the petty stuff. So yeah, I've always found that description of him to be odd. Almost every other character in the series has, in my opinion, more of a temper than him.

In SA2, he seemed to have a bit more of a temper than usual. He seemed to start fights more often.

In SA2, he seemed to have a bit more of a temper than usual. He seemed to start fights more often.

I forget was he just like that with Shadow, or with other characters as well? Not tryin' to be snarky, I honestly can't remember.^_^;;

I think the idea of Sonic randomly hitting people in the face a la Knuckles kinda funny in a way, though.^_^

New Sonic looks better but old Sonic plays better.

Now if we could combine the looks of the modern ear with the solid gameplay of the classic ear, we'd be all set!

Y'know, one thing I've noticed. In Sonic CD, if you leave Sonic for too long, he gives you the proverbial finger and bounces, leaving you with a game over. But in Unleashed, if you leave him, he just stretches out and dozes off. Dude's mellowed out.

Y'know, one thing I've noticed. In Sonic CD, if you leave Sonic for too long, he gives you the proverbial finger and bounces, leaving you with a game over. But in Unleashed, if you leave him, he just stretches out and dozes off. Dude's mellowed out.

He snoozes of in Sonic 2 and Sonic Advance 3 (maybe other Advance games also) too. So yeah, he's impatient xD