Awoo.

Nostalgia critic

Rave92

I think I saw the topic like this, but I couldn't find it so I am posting here. Mod can close if there is a already a topic about this. Nostalgia Critic, one of the funniest man on youtube have just reviewed "Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog".

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTwWutvIkig

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJqBW0FdJZ0

Enjoy :).

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rave92

• Mega

• a knothole resident

• Blazey Firekitty

Actually, that's more than a month old. XD; He reviewed AoStH and SatAM back in Feb. Still, it's funny...except for the orgasm bit. ._o

He actually reviewed this weeks ago and there was a topic for this before the wipe.

I though was a pretty funny review although I do think he over exaggerated the quality (or lack there of) of Aosth and SaTAM considering they were for totally different audiences. It a shame he didn't comment on some of the more lulz worthy moments like "PINGAS" and "that's no good". I'd love for him do do a follow up where he compares AoSTH to SMBSS.

In my opinion, saying SatAM is inherently better than Adventures is as silly as saying chocolate ice cream is inherently better than vanilla ice cream.

That being said, I find the Critic very entertaining as a comedian despite tending not to agree with him most of the time.

My favorite joke was

"HOW CAN YOU BLOW INTO YOUR HAND AND MAKE A WOMAN? WHY WOULD YOU BE WASTING YOUR TIME CHASING HEDGEHOGS IF YOU CAN BLOW INTO YOUR HAND AND MAKE A WOMAN?"

:lol:

"HOW CAN YOU BLOW INTO YOUR HAND AND MAKE A WOMAN? WHY WOULD YOU BE WASTING YOUR TIME CHASING HEDGEHOGS IF YOU CAN BLOW INTO YOUR HAND AND MAKE A WOMAN?"

:lol:

If all men could do that we'd be set for life.

Really old.

It was a stupid move to compare AoStH to SatAM. It's like comparing Pee Wee's Playhouse to X-men, except the only similarity is that Sonic's in both of them.

Edited by Venom

Aside from comparing 2 different genres of shows that's already been stated, I think he sort of over exaggerated some points such as the part where Grounder and Scratch blow into their hands and make a pumpkin and a woman. Considering it's supposed to be funny, I don't why he tries to call the show out for having no logic.

Although, truth is, I actually loved the show for all the reasons he disliked it.

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

As funny as the review was, I thought he was a bit harsh on AoStH and the show was okay/good for the fact it was meant to be random and cartoony. Also, I was disappointment he didn't mentioned the crappy Sonic Underground and tear that show a new one and that he didn't mentioned the Sonic Says about the inappropriate touching.

Meh. I stopped liking AoStH a long time ago. There's just something about that show that irks me. :/ I can't even sit through an episode these days.

Still, it's funny...except for the orgasm bit. ._o

That was actually the most funniest thing in the whole video :D.

Be careful around Bunnie. Her vagina eats people.

Just so you know, the Nostalgia Critic hasn't actually posted on Youtube himself for about a year now. He even has his own website now and whatnot. But yeah, I enjoyed watching the review back when it came out.

Yeah I know, but somehow I like more Youtube, somehow it loads quicker, at least for me :).

Look up the videos... they're on YT. There's someone called NostalgiaAVGNFan or something on there. They get uploaded almost instantly.

Look up the videos... they're on YT. There's someone called NostalgiaAVGNFan or something on there. They get uploaded almost instantly.

Yes, and I watch his videos on that channel.

Edited by Rave92

To tell you the truth. I agree with everything he said about the shows. SATAM was so much better than........

UUUUUUUUUUUUUGH! That OTHER show!

But Underground kills em all IMO (Please! dont kill me!)

It really depends on your preference, I guess, but SatAM, to me, is what Sonic is because it's what I knew first. ...And I really prefer his characterization there, corny as it is.

AoStH had its moments, I guess, but the animation and writing just is too crazy for me these days. x.x; Reminds me FAR too much of the cringe-worthy cartoons that air nowadays, even if it's a bit better.

To tell you the truth. I agree with everything he said about the shows. SATAM was so much better than........

UUUUUUUUUUUUUGH! That OTHER show!

But Underground kills em all IMO (Please! dont kill me!)

You will now get eaten by Angry Sonic fans :).

No good on Stuart TwentyThree for supporting his beliefs and sticking up for them.

I need to agree with Mega, I watched SatAM long before I watched AoStH and even though I own both I actually prefer one with a story and a bit of darkness to it. SatAM appealed a lot more to me in that respect and that was more accurate to what I felt Sonic would be like as a cartoon. AoStH don't get me wrong is fine in tiny doses the only reason I love it is because of the awesome blues singer who voiced Robotnik (although SatAM's Robotnik is more evil sounding) and all the wonderfully filthy YouTube Poops it has spawned. PINGAS!

I'm a regular visitor of the Nostalgia Critic's site, and I was glad to see him tackling Sonic. Truth be told, AoStH was what introduced me to Sonic, so I've always had a soft spot for it. But I had forgotten how absurd it was over the years and I thoroughly enjoyed his video.

Keep in mind, people: the Nostalgia Critic exaggerates the quality of these shows for the sake of comedy. He probably didn't hate AoStH that much and he also probably didn't love SatAM that much.

Keep in mind, people: the Nostalgia Critic exaggerates the quality of these shows for the sake of comedy. He probably didn't hate AoStH that much and he also probably didn't love SatAM that much.

Actually I can remembering him stating that he liked SatAM on Psyguy's podcast

Edited by Blaziken