Awoo.

Fav. Shadow moment

jutgf

Coolest character even IMO, and he has many epic win moments. Mines is his encounter with Sonic for the first time. He looked so boss in the cutscene and in the black knight where he rode that rock on the volcano. That was a special moment for me.

One of my favourite Shadow moment is in Shadow the hedgehog, where he finally transforms into SuperShadow, the level for him is also epic :D

Another moment would be in Sonic 06 where Silver's after Sonic and Shadow steps in the way to fight Silver and gives Sonic time to escape, it's just awsome :)

Despite how bad the story was, I felt that most of Shadow's actions were pretty cool in SONIC '06. He's the only character who was even halfway competent when it came to dealing with Iblis and Mephiles and the way he resisted Mephiles' manipulation insinuated to me that he's wise to this ploy after Black Doom attempted the same. He still suffers from the idiocy (Say, from failing to apply his ability to time travel to useful purposes) but not as much as the others.

I also liked Shadow's depiction on the Ark with Maria, he was much much calmer and even friendly and helpful if some cutscenes were anything to go by that concerned flashbacks. His devotion to Gerald and Maria was an awesome thing to see and made me warm to him as a character.

For me it was when Shadow has a flashback in SA2. The one when he was talking to Maria. It was rather moving and added some depth in Shadow. He really misunderstood everything but he's really a nice guy. Probably one of best written parts of the game.

Edit: Verte beat me to it. lol

Edited by Doctor Faustus

I really liked his ending in 06 when he says he'll continue fighting, I think it summed him up nicely. No matter what he's faced with, even if it means the world turning against him, he'll still continue to fight.

I also liked his roundhouse kick to Silver's head XD

And his smirk to Rouge in SA2.

The moment he "died" in SA2. Because I thought he was gone forever. =P

But really, Shadow wasn't a bad character until they rushed his reason for his return into nothing but stupidity and added a terrible backstory. If he could've been saved in SA2, and returned with his job he had in Nextgen, he would've been fine (since IMO Shadow's portrayal in Nextgen was probably the only decent portrayal in the game). Shadow is awesome as a cold silent GUN soldier; and he should stay that way actually.

Anyways, on-topic: My real favorite thing he ever did was probably the opening of his scene in Nextgen. Come on, as bad as that game was, you know that was pretty cool for his standards (especially compared to what they've been giving him to do in Heroes and ShTH).

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm very torn on Shadow. He's sometimes a very well developed character, mainly in SA2, Battle and Chronicles. Even in 06 he was the best handled character IMO, though that isn't really saying much. Everywhere else, he's extremely dull. I can't help but laugh at the fact that Sonic Team revived him specifically out of fan request, but forgot to include the qualities that made him likable in the first place. Sympathy was replaced with narm, troubling memories were replaced with amnesia that partially recovers whenever the plot demands it, and he overall just loses his coolness by the very act of trying to look cool.

But on topic, I guess my favorite Shadow moment was when he turned down Mephiles' offer for revenge. It really showed a change of heart in his character that I honestly wasn't expecting based on his previous behaviors.

Edited by SuperStingray

• One of the Shadow the Hedgehog alternate endings, where he decides to become Guardian of the ARK. Turning him into Knuckles... in space!
  • His whole general attitude in Chronicles. I think Bioware really nailed him characerisation-wise; a frowning, glaring bastard who views Sonic's teambuilding exercises with nothing but contempt.
  • And my favourite one of all in Chronicles: when you're about to fight Syrax / Raxos, and Sonic asks if anyone can see a way out. Shadow replies "I can see plenty of ways out. For me. None for you." What a pro.

• Thumbs Up 2

Boot up SA 2: B, player 1 as Sonic, player 2 as Shadow in a best of three race, don't think the level matters, but Sonic loses the first race. I don't know if it happens every time, but when it happens, it's hilarious.

Sonic: This time I won't lose!

Shadow: No matter what, you'll still lose!

It's like they're having an argument in /b/.

• "Faker? I think you're the fake hedgehog around here. You're comparing yourself to me? HA! You're not even good enough to be my fake!" - That is the best Shadow line ever, and the delivery was perfect.
  • Roundhouse kicking Silver in the head.
  • CHAOS BLAST
  • Laying waste to the Mephiles clones
  • In other media, Sonic and Shadow seem to never interact without Shadow's fist meeting Sonic's face.

Edited by Aquaslash

• "Faker? I think you're the fake hedgehog around here. You're comparing yourself to me? HA! You're not even good enough to be my fake!" - That is the best Shadow line ever, and the delivery was perfect.

I remember that line! I almost got in trouble in middle school because I had Sonic shout out "Faker!" in one of my random drawings. Teacher thought it said

"fucker."

Maybe this foreshadowed Shadow's game. lol

Edited by Doctor Faustus

For me I would have to say it was when rouge found the picture of the biolizad and told Shadow that he wasn't realy Shadow and that his memories were false but he still didn't care if they were false and stated

"Even if they are false, their still my memories and I'm still shadow"(or something along those lines)

I thought that was a great character moment where Shadow just basicaly states: he doesn't care about his memories he is just going to do what he thinks is right. It's a shame they kinda retcond that in Shadow's game.

- His entire portrayal in Sonic Adventure 2, as he was a very well developed character during the entire duration. His "death" at the end actually had a powerful meaning, as it felt like closure for his character and his promise to Maria. My favorite line though is... "Maria, I still remember what I promised you. For the people of this planet, I promise you...REVENGE!"

- His portrayal somewhat in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), specifically the cold interactions with Mephiles. Verte said it well, as he denied Mephiles' manipulation. My favorite moment for him is the end of his episode though... "If the world chooses to become my enemy...then I will fight like I always have!"

I think he's a good character when first developed, but very wrongly used when "revived" in Sonic Heroes. The amnesia problem, Shadow android clones, emo angst, and backstory now involving aliens made it very hokey. But at least Sonic '06 sort of got him back on track to being decent. In fact, I also thought his portrayals in Sonic Battle and Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood were well done.

I pretty much thought all of SA2 was awesome, and parts of Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog.

However, my favorites are his death at the end of SA2, and both his encounters/fights with Sonic. "Your adventuring days are coming to an end!!!"

Does every moment he's not in the game count? Because he is a horrible character.

No. If he's not in the game then it's not a Shadow moment. :P

I gotta go with with his Sonic 06 intro. As much as I liked his introduction in SA2, the way he handled that platoon of E-Gunners in 06 was just awesome. Even more props considering that he was one of the few characters who were actually handled decently compared to how horrible other characters like Knuckles and Sonic were treated (which isn't saying alot considering how picky I am towards how the character's interact nowadays). His axe kick on Silver's head was funny as well.

Silver: Grrrr....I'm gonna knock you the fuck out!

Shadow: Boy you don't know who you're messing with. Chaos CONTROL!

*Slows time*

*Kicks Silver*

Shadow: Now, who got knocked the fuck out?

If it went just like that, I would be laughing til I really couldn't breathe.

A runner up would be his lines towards Sonic on Prison Island during SA2. "Faker? I think you're the fake hedgehog. You're comparing yourself to ME?! You're not even good enough to be my fake!" -- that was bold-faced confidence, the best I think to date from a Sonic character. Not even Sonic had that good of a line until Black Knight.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Hmm, I'd have to say I liked Shadow in SA2 and Sonic Battle. I really enjoyed the writing in battle and felt it portrayed Shadow's character well. The scenes with him and Rouge are funny and awkward and show how standoffish Rouge and Shadow are to others. They both are loners yet they find that when they work together they make a great team. Not to stur up an arguement on couplings but I think Shadow and Rouge are good together. They both respect one another's strengths and because of that can work side by side. I think that's probably the reason Shadow likes Omega and later Emerl as well. He considers them fellow weapons of war and therefore is willing to accept them. But I guess I'm going a little off topic here... Um favorite scenes... Well probably it would have to be the one near the end of Battle where Shadow says everyone is pretty much going to die. It's interesting that he sends Sonic to go after Emerl rather than taking him on himself. Probably because he views himself as a weapon and really doesn't see a point in it. Even though he's supposed to "bring hope to humanity" he "Can't stand it" so he likely views Sonic as more the hero type and therefore feels it should be Sonic's duty to save the day.

I really liked how Shadow was portraid in Sonic 06. It felt like he had grown as a character since his own game and I've respected Shadow as a character since then. He seemed more mature and bit more level headed and I think that's how he should be instead being a barstard like in Chronicles.

Cause of that, again, the roundhouse kick is a fine moment, as is his ending in the game. My favourite moment though is when he's in Crisis City and Kingdom Valley and he shouts out...

"Let's get MOVING!"

-Definitely the cutscene right before Sonic and Shadow's final battle. Just that scene in general. Can't really say anything in particular that was great because the whole scene was great.

-Also, when Shadow delivers the line:

"Before this is over, I'll show you the true power of CHAOS CONTROL!!!"

in velvet silver cloth wrapped in awesome and dipped in epic sauce and served on a golden platter.

-The ending of ShTh, mainly the very last scenes with:

"Only one thing left to do; PUT THE PAST BEHIND ME." and

"Goodbye forever... Shadow... The Hedgehog..."

The way it was delivered, and how powerful it was, letting go of the most important thing in his life and moving on was without a doubt, THE best character development for him and redeemed him in my eyes of all the wankery he subjected us to throughout the game. Oh, and him single handedly Chaos Controlling the Black Comet and blowing it the fuck up with the Eclipse Cannon was pretty bad ass as well and pretty much did all of us a favor in making sure we NEVER have to see or hear from that part of his heritage again. Thank you, Shadow.

-The fact that 06 actually stayed true to the above characters development is in itself a Crowning Moment of Awesome, unlike some coughcoughcoughtailscoughcough characters.

-His opening in said game, him channeling Chuck Norris for a few seconds and once again bringing the smack down to characters people don't like(incidentally I've nothing against Silver), his ending, (although the way that charge looked was lame as hell), and in all TAKING SHIT FROM NO ONE MOTHERF*CKERS~.

Edited by Black Spy