Awoo.

Omochao deserves his own freakin' spin-off series.

HunterTSF

omochaonorris.jpg

If there's any character that's underrated the most, its freakin' Omochao. Yes, you heard me right. Omochao is the butt of many a joke, and is often regarded as one of the worst characters in the entire series. I, however, see him as one of the most interesting, mysterious, and well-developed characters this series has ever seen. It's truly a shame that many of this has been overlooked by a majority of the community, solely because he can assist players who are unfamiliar with the game lean how to play better. Now, let me explain why Omochao is so damn awesome.

<Keep in mind I'm speaking of the sentient propeller Omochao. Not those stupid wind-up-key-on-head-hurr-durr morons.>

- His entire existence as a character is an anomaly -

Omochao is a singular mind, able to simultaneously be present in his bodies in hundreds of locations at once. On top of having the ability to be most everywhere simultaneously, his mind appears to hold a near infinite amount of information. It is quite possible that he knows everything. In addition to that, he is indestructible, and therefore an immortal being. He is an immortal all-knowing being who exists everywhere at once. Not even Mephiles or Black Doom encompass these qualities. In a way, Omochao is God. Surprisingly enough, nobody seems to care.

- His personality is incredibly unique -

Now when you think Omochao, you don't think "personality", do you? Well I certainly do! Because he's got one. A rad one at that.

Omochao is a character of fairly upstanding morals and lover of knowledge. But more importantly, he just loves to help people. He journeys throughout the world to see new things, and certainly is not afraid to help anybody he encounters along the way.  He doesn't particularly enjoy being confined in one place and often wants to go and enjoy the outside world (Not that he doesn't love Chao World, because he certainly does). He enjoys all types of wildlife outside of Chao (Such as turtles: "Welcome to the desert, it's hot! I saw something in the oasis, do you wanna go there? [...] I'm going to play with the turtle now!"), and often gets himself into a variety of odd situations. Speaking of which, he's one of the few characters who takes notice of Big's crazy cameo antics and ponders "I wonder how Big is doing?".

- He's got some cool abilities and equipment -

Omochao is able to detect electrical disturbances in outer space (as evident in Mad Space "I sense an electrical disturbance here. The detector is not working right [...] The electrical disturbance is affecting all the machines. Don't trust them. Don't be fooled by the hints from them." Interestingly enough, he's not affected by them.), defy physics "I'll use my propeller to fly in space. (How) is that?", and drive totally sexy go-karts through the roads outlying Central City. He is in possession of a special type of contact lenses which glow in the dark, an Opa-Opa kart, and appears to have some connections with the Omochao Gun. Bad-ass corrective eyewear, a kickass car, and a freakin' gun. Omochao is hard core.

- Interesting backgrounds which can be elaborated upon-

During his escapades, he makes mention of the Chao Doctor (""Ow-owch! Chao doctor, help me!"). Now, from this one can imply that either the Chao Doctor just happens to know how to fix Omochao, or that the Chao Doctor has some involvement in his creation. I'd like that to be elaborated upon, kthnx. He has a home, where he keeps at least one television (Which he likes to watch), and seems to have close connections with the Chao Kindergarten in Chao World.  (Which he often arrives late to, so apparently he's got a time schedule to keep track of while he's out and about). He's also licensed news anchor, so one could speculate if a rivalry between Brenda and him is in the works (Which it is, right Sonic Team? You're totally keeping track of this.) He's also a fan of Opa-Opa, the sentient spacecraft from Fantasy Zone. So a crossover simply must be on its way soon.

So, if your brain hasn't imploded yet, what are your opinions on Omochao? A full-blown game may be a bit too much to ask for, but would you enjoy him having a larger role in future games? His character development in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games was positively brilliant, and was totally a step in the right direction. Would you like to see him in more playable roles? More cameos? What would you like to see done with him in future games? One thing's for sure, though. Omochao needs more love. He is awesome. Don't deny it. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the Ultimate Lifeform Iblis Trigger in disguise.

Talk.

• Thumbs Up 8

Umm, I'm not so sure. He's just a tutorial character to me. Sure, they could spruce him up a bit (how bout changing that slightly annoying voice SEGA?). But apart from explaining things I don't see what else he could do/be. I think it would be a bit of a bad move to elaborate on him personally. That's like trying to create a whole massive background for Toad from Mario. It would just seem silly. And I don't think it would probably send Sonic even lower down on critics bad books.

I'd love to see an Omochao 'Whack-a-mole' game. His sole purpose in SA2/SA2:B was to punish him in any way possible.

Least in Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Battle he was useful as a weapon with a gun you could fire him from in Shadow and as Cream's bombs in Sonic Battle.

In SA2/SA2:B, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Riders and Sonic Advance 3 he was just plain annoying.

• Thumbs Up 2

Omochao is amazing.

But for now, I think they should focus on bringing him back to the mainstream Sonic games. Return the merry bringer of advice and cute sayings, and get him out of the background!

• Thumbs Up 3

I hated him soooooooooo much, being everywhere in every level, that annoying transexual voice of his and his terrible voice acting. Though it was fun in SA2/SA2:B to throw him into water, destroy him or even throw him at bad guys. He's like the Sonic equivelent of Zelda's tingle, useless and just there to abuse XD except, I like tingle enough to spare him sometimes, I'll never like omochao >:-(

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This topic is awesome. I like Omochao, because he's helpful and funny. I'm guilty of smashing him around on a few occasions, but I always feel bad for the poor guy afterwards. I like his first voice (not the repetitive Riders one), I like his dialogue because I know there's some snippets in the game I'm still unaware of, and I like how he's a character instead of those rainbow question mark things (what are those question marks - where do they come from). It's funny that he's notorious for being such a captain obvious in the fanbase, which I think is a key part of his personality. Sonic Team was aware he'd get on people's nerves, which is why they gave us such great abuse dialogue. "I'm not helping you anymore!" Omochao is hilarious guys, I think hating him is like hating Chip for liking chocolate. He's one of those little things in a Sonic game, like Tails getting crushed and spiked in Sonic 2. I'd love to see him back for a game, I'll join the return to Omochao campaign.

Edited by Cupcake Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh, god; not another one of these again...

First, we had "Tails' needs more appearances", then it was "Big deserves his own freakin' game", then "Big's not the only one who deserves his own freakin' game - step in E-102", and now this!

Soon, I might be forced to make a topic entitled "Sonic deserves his own freakin' franchise!".

Oh, wait...

Edited by Extaticus
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

"Made in the USA, for our fans!"

I love Omochao, a bit of a guilty pleasure if I'm honest. He may be an unparalleled force in tutorial-giving, but being man-made he still has his weaknesses. A notable example being his inability to tell male from female in Sonic Riders. Then again, maybe that's not a weakness at all - maybe he just knows something we don't, hmm?

I was ecstatic to see him back on top form at the Winter Olympics, and receiving "Omochao in a box" is about the most terrifying thing one can receive. Well, besides Omochao without the box that is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Omochao is a singular mind, able to simultaneously be present in his bodies in hundreds of locations at once. On top of having the ability to be most everywhere simultaneously, his mind appears to hold a near infinite amount of information. It is quite possible that he knows everything. In addition to that, he is indestructible, and therefore an immortal being. He is an immortal all-knowing being who exists everywhere at once. Not even Mephiles or Black Doom encompass these qualities. In a way, Omochao is God. Surprisingly enough, nobody seems to care.

Whuh-

I think we have our solution to the Rush/Rivals/'06 conundrum, ladies and gentlemen. Omochao can just make it better by explaining at it.

If this is the case, though, I wonder why Eggman hasn't put together an elaborate take-over-the-world scheme involving Omochao's power. I mean, he loves Chao, he loves robots, he loves enslaving incredibly powerful beings... it would've made for a better final boss than Solaris, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always liked the Omochao, though he annoyed the hell out of me when I couldn't use action while he spoke. It was the worst at Security Hall, with the time limit and all, and there's one in that little platform close to the ceiling along with the hint monitor. Sometimes I go around disturbing them to hear them speak, it's a guilty pleasure, but I never encountered the Big or the television one!

Omochao is awesome. I remember his lines, like "Ow, that was mean! I'm going to tell the principle!" I think he even said he was going to tell on me to my mom or his mom :-/.

But isn't he a bit too much of a badass? He could get a little scary :( I don't know, does he really fit because of this in the Sonic World? Or is it maybe because he is the only true badass Anti-Hero that he fits?

• Thumbs Up 1

This is Omochao's life goal.

I wonder who even created Omochao in the series? Tails? or maybe the Chao are evolving and planning to conquer the world with an Omochao army? :o

• Thumbs Up 1

NOTE: I never played Sonic Adventure 2

-------------------------

I always though Omochao was created by a company as a helper/guidance system for the people...

If you were lost, or if you didn't know where to go, or if you want to know what are thoose strange items located in then omochao is always there to help you :)

Omochao was created to look like a chao because of the "chao rising boom" generated near 1999/2000, theese creatures were quite popular and the company behind the Omochao project wanted to create a helping system as likeable as thoose cute creatures...

Obviously the project was a big success, and the Omochao started to appear everywhere, even in space!

But for some reason, some people didn't like this little friend, they started to torture him (I'm looking at you Shadzter!), they trowed him, they shooted him from a gun, they did "unmentionable" things to the poor creature... after that incredible abuse, most of the Omochao suffered irreparable damage, a damaga that even the chao doctor could not fix :(

Having so few omochaos left, the company decided to build another helping system, thoose were "the question marks", this question marks didn't have physical form, so people couldn't damage it, since it had all the advantages of the Omochao and they were even more efficient economically speaking, it didn't past too much time before our mechanical friends were replaced with thoose new and upgraded helpers...

The rest is just history... the few Omochaos left were used in other secondary functions as announcers or "MOAR AMMO" for the Omochao gun.

------------------------

And that's how the Omochao project was discontinued...

Now back to the topic

"Would I want an Omochao comeback?" YES!

"Would I want to Omochao past to be revealed?" I don't care...

"Does Omochao desserve his own game?" .... no, I don't think so....

Edited by imarafan
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wonder who even created Omochao in the series? Tails? or maybe the Chao are evolving and planning to conquer the world with an Omochao army? :o

This proves that Omochao is the PERFECT character. He can please people who like him, and people you dislike him!

<video>

Omochao's found a new way to torture us all.

Edited by Evile Cruelty

I'd love to see an Omochao 'Whack-a-mole' game. His sole purpose in SA2/SA2:B was to punish him in any way possible.

Least in Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Battle he was useful as a weapon with a gun you could fire him from in Shadow and as Cream's bombs in Sonic Battle.

In SA2/SA2:B, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Riders and Sonic Advance 3 he was just plain annoying.

If he was in a Whack-a-Mole game it would be good for us who dont like him to take out our frustration on him. I think he is the worst Sonic character ever in the history of Sonic games. SEGA should have just bought Tikal back for the hints in SA2 and SA2Battle.

SEGA should have just bought Tikal back for the hints in SA2 and SA2Battle.

But what sense does that make? She "left" with Chaos at the end of Adventure, I assume to the afterlife since her only reason for still being around was because she was sealed in the Master Emerald.

My favorite Omochao moment:

College roommate playing Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. She says "Come here little fella, I won't hurt you..." *throws Omochao down hole*

It could be Saw-esque game where we find devious ways to torture the bastard chao. Oh, there won't be tutorials.

Edited by turbojet

Oh, there won't be tutorials.
Bullshit. I'm pretty confident that little mechanical bastard would rather instruct you on how to operate that gigantic circular saw you're about to hold to his chest rather than beg for his life. That spiteful bastard.

That does make for some humourous mental images, come to think of it. :lol:

Edited by Blacklightning
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jigsaw: 'I want to play a game'

Omochao: 'Well if you press the A button twice, you will effectively mutilate me. It's the most useful function in the game. I certainly hope you don't pr-(starts sawing of his limbs) Heeeeey! Why did you do that to me?! I thought we were friends!

Edited by turbojet

I never really minded him. I actually never thought so deeply about him. All he was for me was this crazy chao robot giving me advice and sometimes i home attacked him just for fun :P

Edited by Jaouad

Bullshit. I'm pretty confident that little mechanical bastard would rather instruct you on how to operate that gigantic circular saw you're about to hold to his chest rather than beg for his life. That spiteful bastard.

That does make for some humourous mental images, come to think of it. :lol:

I'm reminded of the episode in Scrubs, where JD imagines choking Murdoch. Murdoch's telling him how to do it and stuff. Its the first season..