Awoo.

Tesco: Sonic 2nd Top Game Character Of 2010

Detective Shadzter

hero-banner-top-10-characters.jpg

Tesco are trying to get in with the cool gaming crowd, so they've come up with their top 10 game characters for 2010 but wait hasn't the year just started? In their efforts to get in our cool crowd they fail miserably on the Halo and Zelda front :lol:

Oh well, here's their top 10 -

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/Store/Browse/Campaign/Top10GamesCharactersFor2010/

1: Mario

2: Sonic

3: Soap McTavish

4: Bayonetta

5: Big Daddy

6: AiAi

7: Nathan Drake

8: Zelda

9: Halo

10: Rabbids

So, yet again Mario beats Sonic in a list but at least he beat some pretty popular characters but with the hilarious mistake can we even call this list credible? Tesco don't even seem to know what their talking about.

News'd for the lulz

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Detective Shadzter

• Marcello

• JezMM

• Yong

Did they just call Link Zelda? ...They totally did. And that's terrible.

Still, I do like Mario more than anyone else on the list, so I'm okay enough with the results there. But Sonic's still a pretty cool guy, so congratulations to his runner-up status.

Did they just call Link Zelda? ...They totally did. And that's terrible.

Still, I do like Mario more than anyone else on the list, so I'm okay enough with the results there. But Sonic's still a pretty cool guy, so congratulations to his runner-up status.

I thought that too judging by Link's presence in their top 10 pic :lol:

News'd the list for the lulz

Oh well, here's their top 10 -

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/Store/Browse/Campaign/Top10GamesCharactersFor2010/

I don't even think they play video games. It seems like they just put random characters in the list.

For example, they put the name of Zelda on the list when they really meant Link. Also, Halo is a character now?

My point is, if you're going to make a list of the top 10 game characters, they should at least play the games

of the characters they're listing.

Edited by Evile Cruelty

I don't even think they play video games. It seems like they just put random characters in the list.

For example, they put the name of Zelda on the list when they really meant Link. Also, Halo is a character now?

My point is, if you're going to make a list of the top 10 game characters, they should at least play the games

of the characters they're listing.

Exactly, it's just them making a quick attempt to look cool on their new online entertainment store to try and attract sales from gamers. Wouldn't surprise me if they start doing this half-assed stuff in-store soon.

i think tesco is a pretty cool guy. eh sells porducts and doesnt afriad of anything.

What's bizarre here is that they got these really popular ones wrong yet managed to work out who Big Daddy (though he isn't really a character just as "Goomba" isn't a character in Mario), AiAi, Soap and Nathan Drake were.

Edited by JezMM

Halo is my favorite character! He has a tragic past, but he still fights on and never cries! Halo is an awesome character! Zelda is also cool for saving Princess Tingle!

But, in all honesty, I don't know this Soap guy and the Rabbids can burn in hell, for all I care >_>. I'll teach them to not take Rayman's series away >_>

"I am sick of running away. Did 'BRAVE HEART' run away? Did 'PAYBACK' run away!?"

the Rabbids can burn in hell, for all I care >_>. I'll teach them to not take Rayman's series away >_>

In their defense, Rabbids Go Home is friggin' awesome. I think people are just being too minigame-compilation racist with dem Rabbids.

Though I can't wait for a possible Rayman 4 either.

Still when the Wii was shown with Rayman 4, I was so excited, then it got changed into a minigame compilation :-/ And the Rabbids even had to be in "TMNT: Smash UP!" >_>3 or 4 times!

But, in all honesty, I don't know this Soap guy

Main charcter in Cod 4 and 6 =D but i dont really know what hes doin there since we dont even see him in a whole game.

I found it funny that Mario, Sonic, and Aiai all stand out in that group photo. Go colorful people! :D

But I guess this guy is a casual gamer because last time I checked Master Cheif was the name of the hero of Halo unless I missed out on something. And he hasn't heard of Travis Touchdown so it's pretty inaccurate. >.<

But congrats to Sonic for being on the top of someone's list despite it being made when 2010 just started. lol

Edited by Doctor Faustus

"Hey look at all these video game characters in a top 10! You should, like, totally buy their games, from us of course. Cause they're like, you know, characters from a video game, in a top 10 list."

Once in a blue moon, ignorance favours SEGA.

Lol Zelda, lol Halo, Lol Rabbids.

Did Monkey Ball even get a non I-Phone game this last year?

Don't think so. Tesco are talking about 2010 here for some reason, so I think they are referring to the new Wii game Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll out in February.

Don't think so. Tesco are talking about 2010 here for some reason, so I think they are referring to the new Wii game Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll out in February.

Yeah, cause we all know Uncharted 3 and Call of Duty 7: Modern Warfare 3 are coming out in 2010.

Yeah, cause we all know Uncharted 3 and Call of Duty 7: Modern Warfare 3 are coming out in 2010.

Yeah that's where Tesco fail even more with this list, half the characters here don't even have any games announced for 2010 :lol:

Whine whine they spelled Soap's names wrong (MacTavish not McTavish)

Anways this isn't a list of the best game characters; it's a list of games featuring these character (and not even that in some cases, I'm pretty sure Soap wasn't in world at war) that they're advertising for your buying pleasure. I'm not even sure it's ranked.

Whine whine they spelled Soap's names wrong (MacTavish not McTavish)

Anways this isn't a list of the best game characters; it's a list of games featuring these character (and not even that in some cases, I'm pretty sure Soap wasn't in world at war) that they're advertising for your buying pleasure. I'm not even sure it's ranked.

The pic in my opening post randomly appears on their Entertainment site's home page and when clicked it links to the page I linked to in the opening post. So I assume it's ranked from top to bottom. I do agree their doing it to make sales with the game product page's linked to with each character.

Question: Does Tesco even have any stores over in the US? If I'm right, they're basically like the British version of Wal-Mart, correct?

What makes me the saddest isn't the mistakes with Master Chief and Link's name, but the fact that Rayman's completely ignored. Stop mocking my dreams, Tesco. :(

Question: Does Tesco even have any stores over in the US? If I'm right, they're basically like the British version of Wal-Mart, correct?

What makes me the saddest isn't the mistakes with Master Chief and Link's name, but the fact that Rayman's completely ignored. Stop mocking my dreams, Tesco. :(

I think Tesco are in the U.S. too, they own the Fresh & Easy stores.

http://www.tescoplc.com/plc/about_us/map/

Can't find any other representation they have over there at the moment.

ASDA is british Wal-Mart. ^^;

Still... How on earth is that possible?

Maybe they were the first/highest games sales from Tesco in the first week on 2010 or something...