Awoo.

TSS: A Huge Thanks, From TSS to You!

Dreadknux

11724.png&w=60&h=60&zc=1&ft=png

SSS_SONIC15-300x225.png

I think I’m still hungover from New Year’s Eve, but I also think that it’s time to return to action here at TSS.  I want to start my work here during 2010 with a message to our visitors:

I check the blog stats before I make my daily post or two and see what people are interested in seeing.  Obviously, anything that’s anti-Sonic is going to get an insane number of views and comments, but there are a few surprises now and again.  “Nostalgia Trippin’” was a big hit and passed around many gaming blogs and the return of original content to The Sonic Show proved to be successful when I thought that nobody gave a damn about it anymore (I bet you forgot that TSS even had a show).  Still, the standout had to be our overall stats from December.  Before I disclose that number and step into 2010, let’s take a look back…

The last two to three years have been a rollercoaster for us here at TSS.  We went from a Sonic news site that was barely updated to a blog system that was more opinionated (you could see me every day being a huge dick, basically).  When that format was met with mixed reactions (and controversy for no good reason), we bounced around to find a layout and format that worked for every Sonic fan.  Along that bumpy road, we were met with more controversy (which was, of course, for no good reason) and persistent server problems that kept TSS out of the game for days at a time.  When we convened in the staff forum to establish the format that you see today, we were a bit disappointed that server problems kept you all from experiencing it.

Throughout December, the current format was in full force and it proved to be incredibly successful.  All of the writers were able to get you a daily dose of Sonic news, articles, and community news like never before.  With the influx of material for you to check out, the site stats rocketed.  November was easily a huge step up from the downtime-plagued month of October, but December kicked November right in the ass.  Our Wordpress stat counter tallied 248,477 page views for the month of December.  I’m thrilled to see that number.

We cannot re-establish TSS as the #1 Sonic fan site in the world without all of you out there visiting and checking us out on a daily basis.  For that, we send out a very gracious thanks to everybody.  We will continue on in 2010 and we hope that you are there along for the ride.  Stay tuned!

View the full article

• Thumbs Up 1

For a moment there I thought you were going to say "And now I'm going to retire from TSS, but don't worry Diago from Spain will be taking over!"

Also, SSMB has been quoted a lot on Xbox360/PS3fanboy for a few things too, so it's all good.

The forums are still a bit too wonky for my liking, but the site has been top notch stuff this year. Keep up the awesome and interesting content--shit is totally cash! :)

I wish that this Wordpress to forum thingo told you who the author was. I don't want people thinking that my words are Dreadknux's (especially the "I'm a huge dick" part).

WordPress admins should be able to edit the author of a post after it's been made. I guess when Dread pops on, he can correct that little niggle.

I wish that this Wordpress to forum thingo told you who the author was. I don't want people thinking that my words are Dreadknux's (especially the "I'm a huge dick" part).

The Wordpress to forum board is hidden from public/member view so no-one can see it anyway :P

They can see THIS post though, Shadz, which is the point as it's by Slingerland not Dread, despite appearing to be by Dread XD;

I see what you mean now lol!

Didn't notice Slingerlands post lower down the front page and didn't know announcements were still getting insta-posted here.

In fact I didn't know there was anything further down the front page in the new format.

Yeah XD

IPB3 has this XML thing to auto-slap topics from Wordpress RSS into the forum. Unfortunately, you have to select one user that will be 'representing' that post, so to speak. There doesn't seem to be a way to dynamically change it for whoever posted the original article. Sucks.