Awoo.

Sonic at Alton Towers thread of... HOORAY!

Badnik Mechanic

I'm looking forward to someone bothering to send me the press release considering I've been waiting to tell you lot about it for months... :P

There's a list somewhere of the music, I'll see what I can do and I''ll have more details soon certainly.

I'm looking forward to someone bothering to send me the press release considering I've been waiting to tell you lot about it for months... :P

There's a list somewhere of the music, I'll see what I can do and I''ll have more details soon certainly.

D:! Post the track list soooooooon! Before I explode!

This is honestly the most amazing thing ever.

I wonder when we can book the hotel room? Cos I want to be so in there :D

I need to stay in that hotel room at least once before they eventually and inevitably do it up as something else once all the Sonic ride hype dies down. D=

So, are we actually any closer to arranging any kind of group visit, or what? Although I get the feeling we'd all be fighting over who stays in the Sonic room. That said, it could be nice to just book the room for a day anyway and all just dip in and out. Not exactly a desperate need to stay the night there, after all. I know I'd settle for just going in the room for an hour or so.

Summer of Sonic '10 should be in that hotel *banned*

Also, really awesome news, but did anyone notice that the game they were talking about was ASR instead of needlemouse (like a lot of the people over here were speculating)?

Edited by imarafan

http://www.altontowers.com/

Alton Towers website.has the ride on the front page. That's an old Sonic Channel art that's been changed a little isn't it? You can also see what one of the cars look like with the Sonic Spinball logo.

Whoever is responsible at Alton's creative dept for not using "distort" to make that logo fit on the side of that angled Spinball car needs a slap.

Just to point out, that it's hard to tell what changes will actually be made to the cars. Whilst I'm doubtful they will do muc more than stick a sticker on the side, they may end up painted. The park hasn't stuck to the plans for their major coaster opening this year, 13, has added parts of themeing not seen on the plans. I think they will do whatever they can do within SEGA's budget, but I suspect that budget isn't a lot, and I don't think they have time now to get all the trains painted. It doesn't look like they are painting the actual track, and so I suspect the cars are still on it.

The ride used to have broken games littered about the queue, so I'm hoping on them being fixed/replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

So 312. Yesterday I was teasing with the number 312... what is number 312 and what does it have to do with Sonic? 312 happens to be the Sonic hotel room number.

Oh thats right my friends, you can book the room now... But you'd better rob a bank first!

Prices start at around £300-£350 per night! And that doesn't include breakfast/dinner/park tickets. To give you an idea last time I was there... dinner buffet in the Splash Landings hotel (right next door) was £20 per head.

However, the website has been updated and the nice lady told me that everything on there is true and will be in the room.

mid-sonic-room01.jpg

Spin into the universe of Sonic The Hedgehog in his amazing new themed room. Stay in the famous game level of Green Hill Zone, practise your video gaming skills in the dedicated gaming area with Sonic game library, hunt for the Chaos Emeralds and test Sonic facts!

So the room will be decorated along the lines of the Green Hill Zone... good choice if you ask me. There will be a videogame system and some kind of treasure hunt for Chaos Emeralds (WOW! Exclusive merch maybe?) and some kind of Sonic quiz?

Well... the lady also told me, "They can't decide on what console to put in the room." So it's most likely going to be a PS3/Xbox 360, just because they have the Sega collection games which will sort out the Sonic Library problem... and before you cry "Wii store!" Slapping a PS3 in there and the megadrive collection is much easier for a company to do than messing around with the virtual console. However she also tells me that it's not fully finished yet, hence why there is no virtual tour.

But... good news for me! I've booked it and I'm going! Really looking forward to it!

Source

That's pretty sexual Cass. You wouldn't think that kind of thing would happen in modern times with Sonics multimedia presence not as strong as in the past. Still great news however, it's too bad I won't be able to experience it since I'm in New York City.

Takes loads of pictures to share with us!

-Iceman

That's pretty sexual Cass. You wouldn't think that kind of thing would happen in modern times with Sonics multimedia presence not as strong as in the past. Still great news however, it's too bad I won't be able to experience it since I'm in New York City.

Takes loads of pictures to share with us!

-Iceman

When I go my videocamera is going... I intend to do an unboxing of the room XD

But I think I maybe beaten to the punch as I'm not going until June and our kid T-Bird has also booked it, and I think a few other people have too.

...£300 for one night? Woah Alton sure expect a lot outta fans

I mean I'm going to Disneyland Paris next month and a room there is like £100 a night, WITH tickets and breakfast to boot. Much as I love Sonic and really dig the idea of sleeping in Green Hill that price is INSANE. It would be cheaper just to paint a room in your house like Green Hill and install a console in it. I mean I understand its a themed room and special but it seems a bit much regardless.

I'm going to Alton Towers on Friday/Saturday this weekend. I dunno what room I'll be staying in, but I know I'll at least get to be seeing the new Sonic room (:

I'm going to Alton Towers on Friday/Saturday this weekend. I dunno what room I'll be staying in, but I know I'll at least get to be seeing the new Sonic room (:

If you ask the staff very very nicely... they normally let you look at the themed rooms if they're not occupied... lol but if you know the number and it is occupied, you could always knock and ask them really really nicely. But I don't know if they'd let you take pictures.

Last time I was there they let me have a look in a couple of themed rooms...

Then again... you could always camp outside it and wait until housekeeping do the rounds.

I'm gonna be there as a so-called VIP guest along with Dreaderz and AAUK etc for the Sonic Spinball ride launch on Saturday, so I know I'll be seeing the room as part of the day (: Fun times ahoy!

I'm gonna be there as a so-called VIP guest along with Dreaderz and AAUK etc for the Sonic Spinball ride launch on Saturday, so I know I'll be seeing the room as part of the day (: Fun times ahoy!

I... Will... Not... Be... jellous! *punches wall*

Owww I wanna be a VIP!

Ha~ I'm mega-excited (: Gonna crash with AAUK tomorrow night then head to Alton Towers on Friday, stay there a night, and do the fun VIP stuff on Saturday. Expect plenty of photos and fun from the group during and after the event!

If I ever go to London I'm so staying in that room, but I hope that they don't include the crappy games like Sonic 06 in their gaming area.

If I ever go to London I'm so staying in that room, but I hope that they don't include the crappy games like Sonic 06 in their gaming area.

lol Alton Towers is in Staffordshire not London. Theres a distance of 100 miles between them.

lol Alton Towers is in Staffordshire not London. Theres a distance of 100 miles between them.

Casanova is correct. It's only 18 miles away from me. It better not bloody snow, otherwise they'll close most of the rides :(

Edited by Stasis

It's a three and a half hour coach ride FROM London XD;; Believe me, I know... I'm doing the darn trip tomorrow!

Today, Bournemouth -> London. Tomorrow, London -> Alton Towers. Saturday, Alton Towers -> London -> Bournemouth. Loooong 3 days ahoy!

That looks quite cool! The Sonic room is awesome too but a liiittle bit too much money. =P Anyway, wasn't there a Sonic rollercoaster in Dubai, or hasn't that been opened yet? It was an indoor rollercoaster too.

Flyboy, you lucky, me jealous. =<

Edited by Ita-Chan