Awoo.

Sonic at Alton Towers thread of... HOORAY!

Badnik Mechanic

I'm also going Fri and Sat for the launch :D *shot for rubbing it in*

I doubt I'll be riding the coaster though with my M.E. and all but it'll be great to see it in action.

Well, tomorow's the day! Will be taking lots of pictures of course of the ride and the hotel and anything else of interest. Am having fun playing the ASR demo right now at AAUK's place as I don't have an xbox myself to download it. This is gonna be a fab couple of days! Alton Towers here we come, and you guys will hear any and all gossip first (:

Well, tomorow's the day! Will be taking lots of pictures of course of the ride and the hotel and anything else of interest. Am having fun playing the ASR demo right now at AAUK's place as I don't have an xbox myself to download it. This is gonna be a fab couple of days! Alton Towers here we come, and you guys will hear any and all gossip first (:

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, what I wouldn't give to stay in that room. Too expensive, though. It's not too hard for me to get to Alton Towers, even if I'm in Bournemouth, as my grandma lives in Nottingham, so when we stay with her, its not too far to the park. :D

-sob-

I wanna go on the riiide... and stay in the hoteeellllllll... -whines-

See you guys there tommorow ;) Wont be able to sleep tonight heehee.

I had a right game trying to sleep last night, Went to bed about 1am and kept waking up every two hours :lol:

See you and DIGi there :D

Coachful of Sonic freaks, yeah!! Three and a half hour journey to go... So exciting! Looking forward to seeing you and Phil there shortly!

Coachful of Sonic freaks, yeah!! Three and a half hour journey to go... So exciting! Looking forward to seeing you and Phil there shortly!

I don't suppose theres anyway you guys could carve your names into something at Alton Towers for us lesser fortunate mortals to find when we go later in the year?

Like take the mirror off the wall in the Sonic Hotel and write FLYBOY FOX WAZ ERE! In big letters? No?

Opening day everyone!

Theres some pics up already and a live coverage going on here:

http://live.towersnerd.com/

Does look to be a bit of a cheap repaint but I'm LOVING that sonic figure :D

I would love to have my photo with you, but please don't climb on me. Gotta love theme park warnings :rolleyes:
Edited by CobraRoll

"Apologies for the delay in getting back to you but I have been on holiday. I am sure that you will have picked up press reports by now relating to Spinball Whizzer and the fact that we are in partnership with Sega resulting in a retheme to the ride to coincide with the relaunch of Sonic. We hope that the retheme will be complete for our February half-term opening."

That statement confused us all, but judging by the art in the Sonic Suite, the concept art we've been getting etc, it seems they are indeed starting from scratch to a degree, Also...

7.jpg

SONIC RUSH 3 - THE RIDE!

Edited by Stasis

10.jpg

Sonic Sez.... please don't climb on me *points to the sign in the background.*

I'm so excited now, both about going around the newly done up Alton Towers, staying in the hotel and going on the rides... however if that picture of the family in the background is any indication then I may have my eyes closed through most of it.

Also. if you look at the pictures on TSS, looks like they've finally decided on what console to have in the hotel room... it's both an Xbox 360 and a PS3... I couldn't spot a Wii... So which one will break down first!

Also. if you look at the pictures on TSS, looks like they've finally decided on what console to have in the hotel room... it's both an Xbox 360 and a PS3... I couldn't spot a Wii... So which one will break down first!

Look closer, I can confirm from visiting the room myself there is an Xbox 360, PS3 AND a Wii with sensor bar stuck in the wall under the TV :)

Look closer, I can confirm from visiting the room myself there is an Xbox 360, PS3 AND a Wii with sensor bar stuck in the wall under the TV :)

Yup I saw it, you can actually see the Wii in another picture...

Also... photo time... Would these be new official art by any chance?

SS104588.jpg

SS104590.jpg

SS104592.jpg

Photo1373.jpg

Edited by Casanova

I didn't ride the coaster at all due to my M.E. so didn't get a close look at the car artworks, while watching it in action I got a look at them but couldnt tell for sure. I thought the Tails one looked like his Rivals 2 art but looking at that photo it looks pretty new. You can get your pic taken on the ride, all 4 characters have some cool artwork that looks new on the back of the cool photo book thingys you can buy. I'm sure Dread or one of the others will scan the book up and hopefully their photos too XD

Oh, we got addicted to the 4 Sonic X plushie machines by the ride too. One of the machines had a glitch that would give you 99 credits for a pound :lol:

In response to your earlier question of is there any Alton Towers Sonic merchandise.... no I'm afraid there isnt, only the rides photo book as I mentioned. One of the parks stores were selling those 3 classic Sonic plushies you find in GAME and Gamestation and all of the parks stores were selling a classic Sonic poster for a fiver you'll have seen on sale around the net. The store with the classic Sonic plushies had among the Alton Towers merchandise, an item containing some things(forget what they were) with 3 of their rides logos on and you can guess what one of those logos were cant you? Yes, Spinball Whizzer... out of date much? :lol:

EDIT:

Oh there is one other piece of Alton Towers Sonic merchandise, the awesome I Felt It First Sonic Spinball t-shirts they gave us among other goodies in this cool SEGA shoulder bag each of us got as a surprise in each of our rooms. Of course in my case, the t-shirts statement is a lie XD

EDIT:

Oh there is one other piece of Alton Towers Sonic merchandise, the awesome I Felt It First Sonic Spinball t-shirts they gave us among other goodies in this cool SEGA shoulder bag each of us got as a surprise in each of our rooms. Of course in my case, the t-shirts statement is a lie XD

Ohhhh and chances are those will be one of a kind swag, they won't make any others if it's a "I felt it first."

Mind you, I wondered if they had those coin press machines which would have had a Sonic Spinball logo on it. But they may get some kind of swag in, at least you can get a photo I guess for a bazillion pounds... I wonder if Dread stole anything from the Hotel room... like the blinds.

Holy shit that was THE best two days of my entire life! Got a shit-load of photos and some short film segments too of the ride and the area around it as well as the killer beach party - giant Connect 4, GO!. Can't be arsed to upload it all tonight though since it's almost midnight and I only got home a tiny bit ago after a 7 hour journey. Sleeeeep first. In short - ride = awesome. I FELT IT FERZT, YOU GUYZ. I R SPECHUL.

Ohhhh and chances are those will be one of a kind swag, they won't make any others if it's a "I felt it first."

Mind you, I wondered if they had those coin press machines which would have had a Sonic Spinball logo on it. But they may get some kind of swag in, at least you can get a photo I guess for a bazillion pounds... I wonder if Dread stole anything from the Hotel room... like the blinds.

Yeah, it would be cool if they made another version of the shirt to sell. The shirt has the rides logo with the words "Feel The Rush!" under it so they could always make one with something like "I Felt The Rush!" and then put the same ride logo on it. They had the coin presser in the hotel but no Sonic Spinball or Sonic anything ones anywhere.

Whoever it was wearing the Sonic costume deserves A FREAKING MEDAL! I mean this guy knew his Sonic, he knows the poses, the attitude... he even did the folded arms with foot tapping thing while checking his non-existant wrist watch :lol:

EDIT:

Good to hear your back safe Flyboy :) and agreed, best two days of my life but dont let Emma know I said that XD I kid, my wedding day was a best day too as I'm sure your wedding day will be too ;)

EDIT 2:

I'll put my pics up tomorrow sometime too as I'm absolutely knackered right now lol!

I concur, Shadz. The Sonic mascot guy was f'ing fantastic. I spent about 15 minutes just filming him XD He really had the act down, and seeing him hi-fiving little kids while they squeed in delight was a whole new breed of adorable. I actually felt vaguely thrilled when I got to have my picture with him, as if it almost WAS him 8D;; That's how sad I am good he was.

I concur, Shadz. The Sonic mascot guy was f'ing fantastic. I spent about 15 minutes just filming him XD He really had the act down, and seeing him hi-fiving little kids while they squeed in delight was a whole new breed of adorable. I actually felt vaguely thrilled when I got to have my picture with him, as if it almost WAS him 8D;; That's how sad I am good he was.

Dont worry your not alone as I had that feeling when Dread took my pic with him, I even shook Sonic's hand and felt the shivers of awesomeness :lol:

EDIT:

@Black Spy

Dread and his lovely other half won the room but they were nice enough to let us all check out the awesomeness :D

Agreed with Flyboy, this weekend was awesome and a BIG thumbs up to SEGA for arranging it :D Especially Kev.

We played ASR, we got free drinks at the bar (Segatab-sanshiro!), we got free lunch breakfast and dinner as well as a go on the ride a day before it opened, and a whole day in the park on opening day! We also found one of the grabber machines for Sonic plushies was broken, when you hit the up arrow it gave you infinite tries ;) Yes we fucking raped that shit! Pictures and vids no doubt coming very soon (As soon as the crew get some sleep) but this day was freaking amazing. As my lesbian has already said, The Sonic Mascot was fantastic. Will talk about this when my brain is operating. Roris has only just returned home x.x

YOU LUCKY BASTARDS!!!1111 ONEEEE!!!11

I'm so jealous of you Brits. =/

AMERICA NEEDS SOME SONIC LUUUUURRRVVEE.

I agree, how come America never gets any Sonic rides?

Why are people saying this as though this is something thats always happened and that America is always loosing out on.

So far... there has only ever been (that I know of) 2 Sonic rides.

One is in Dubai, built with Dubai money that Sega will be paying the rent for. This one is not so much a new ride as it's a retheme of an old one. Whilst I don't doubt that a lot of money went into this, when you consider another ride called "Rita: Queen of Speed" is also being rethemed, it does make you wonder.

The last time that there was a Sonic 'ride' was toyland tours. That ride again was at Alton Towers, you spent about 30 seconds in the Sonic section, Toyland Tours was a celebration of childrens most favourite toys, the Megadrive was one of the favourite toys in the UK at the time. It only made sense for it to have a space.