Awoo.

Sonic at Alton Towers thread of... HOORAY!

Badnik Mechanic

So I've told my parents I want to go to AT and say in the Sonic room for my 18th birthday. It's not until late Nov (after the park has closed), but the room and ride are existing for 3 years right? It could be delayed until the park re-opens in 2011. Hopefully I'll be able to book it.

hey guys, is that high price for just one person, or the whole room? O_O

EDIT: and do they have the newer games there?

Edited by Baking Blue Potatoe

Why are people saying this as though this is something thats always happened and that America is always loosing out on.

So far... there has only ever been (that I know of) 2 Sonic rides.

One is in Dubai, built with Dubai money that Sega will be paying the rent for. This one is not so much a new ride as it's a retheme of an old one. Whilst I don't doubt that a lot of money went into this, when you consider another ride called "Rita: Queen of Speed" is also being rethemed, it does make you wonder.

The last time that there was a Sonic 'ride' was toyland tours. That ride again was at Alton Towers, you spent about 30 seconds in the Sonic section, Toyland Tours was a celebration of childrens most favourite toys, the Megadrive was one of the favourite toys in the UK at the time. It only made sense for it to have a space.

Well, yeah, youre right, I guess I should of rephrased it not as rides, but events. America doesn't seem to get a whole lot of Sega related events, at least not any that I know of. To my knowledge, I don't think America got those SEGA World Arcade/Theme Park things I've heard about, while they were in countries like the UK and Australia. I could be wrong.

Wait, I seem to remember one of my buddies saying there IS a Sega Arcade... and they have about a dozen sites.

EDIT: here in America, of course. =P

I guess we DO have a bit of Lurve..

Edited by Baking Blue Potatoe

When Thorpe opened their Saw themed roller coaster last year, Saw fans in the US said the same thing... "Wtf, why is the UK getting a Saw themed ride?"

I think It may be down to American amusement park chains eaten up the rights to really popular brands.

Another, conflicting, possibility could be that US amusement parks simply prefer to use their own brands. Busch are certainly this way, and I know increasingly other companies are removing brands, such as Nickelodeon. (Though I think Nick was removed after Paramounts park's were taken over by Cedar Fair idk...)

I recon it might be down to population density again. Alton is basically in the Middle of England, accessible from anywhere, and it markets itself as a resort. The only parks in the US like this are in California, Florida and arguably Ohio... and most of those parks are Disney, Universal, etc, and other well established brands using their own brands.

Or, Sonic simply isn't popular enough in the US, but is here?

P.S. Still no info on music??? Gay. My friends wenrt the other day and said it was quite round there. :C

America has GameWorks, which is about 20 or so SEGA Arcades Europe doesn't have.

Music is a mix of normal tunes and Sonic Unleashed tracks.

Yeah as the awesome AAUK says the music is a mix, I heard some Sonic Adventure tracks and some Unleashed tracks. The ring scattering sound effect also played every 10-20 seconds or so.

Yeah, I heard at least one SA1 track as well. Great event, muchos thanks to all at Sega for inviting us all to this (especially me, the first-timer =P).

And well fought to Dreadknux re the Sonic Room, though had you done a team-up you'd have beaten me anyway without the tie break =P

I hope so, I did a massive list of tracks that could've been used all of which were awesome but all I was aware of was the various Planetary tracks.

Just going to re-ask the question that Potatoes asked earlier- is the £300-350 per head/night or for the room/night?

Just going to re-ask the question that Potatoes asked earlier- is the £300-350 per head/night or for the room/night?

it's per night for the room. So you pay £300-£350 per night and it's up to you how many people stay with you.

I'm currently uploading some footage I filmed of the ride and the area around it. It'll take a while to upload since the movies are a few minutes long each. But I'll link to them on YouTube here when they're done.

Edit: Sonic and Flyboy, yeah!!

sonicandi.png

it's per night for the room. So you pay £300-£350 per night and it's up to you how many people stay with you.

Wonderful. And there's a double bed, bunk bed and a pull out bed right? So more than enough space for 4. I really want to go with some friends.

And here was me thinking that it would be a nice rollercoaster.... but that thing looks mental!

Awww I love how all the children and Flyboy Fox look are looking on at Sonic with awe and admiration at Sonic.

Sigh... take me with you next time.

And here was me thinking that it would be a nice rollercoaster.... but that thing looks mental!

Awww I love how all the children and Flyboy Fox look are looking on at Sonic with awe and admiration at Sonic.

Sigh... take me with you next time.

The ride is definitely not kiddy friendly, it has a size chart as you may have spotted in pics/video where it has a minimum height of like your standard 8-10 year old and a maximum height(vger only just qualified lol!). There were these parents and a young boy and girl, they checked their kids height and the boy seemed to just pass for minimum height but the girl didnt and aww she was crying as she really wanted to go on :(

Definately the best weekend ever. Great meeting up with you lot again :) There was definately something quite shiteating grinworthy of seeing the general public all queuing up for the ride the following day and little kids getting all excited over Sonic. Made me feel proud~

And yes, DiGi screamed like a bitch. Lulz were had XD

Feel kinda bummed it had to end though, i wish every weekend was like that ;^; To the people who went, if you got photos or videos can you let me know on facebook incase i miss something. Cheeers.

SATAM FISHER and Urth walking into Hex 'COME IN COME IN!'= extremely funny things i wish were on camera.

@ TRiPPY

I wanted to say hi to you and DiGi but I was too shy :blush:

Flyboy Fox has put up videos, Rory has put up quite alot of pics on his Facebook and Svend has put up a bunch on the front page.

they checked their kids height and the boy seemed to just pass for minimum height but the girl didnt and aww she was crying as she really wanted to go on :(

I bet that she will be the first of many.

Sonic is a childrens hero as much as he is for our age group. I think if I were under the height limit and I were a child and Sonic was my hero, I'd be devasted for the rest of the day if I couldn't go on. Mind you... looking at how rough that ride is, I may still pass... then again... I did Expedition Everest at the Animal Kingdom so I think Sonic will be a piece of cake.

Feel kinda bummed it had to end though, i wish every weekend was like that ;^; To the people who went, if you got photos or videos can you let me know on facebook incase i miss something. Cheeers.

It does sound like an awesome day... I wish I could've gone sigh....

Edited by Casanova

SATAM FISHER and Urth walking into Hex 'COME IN COME IN!'= extremely funny things i wish were on camera.

I am proud that both of those things were by me XP

I've forced Dread/Svend to watch the final episode of SatAM and see SatAM Fisher in action! Not only did he participate heavily in the final strike against Robotnik (And do better than main characters Ari the Ram and that wolf-woman who was also in Archie), but he fucking made like Arnie and GOT TO THE CHOPPA! SatAM Fisher survived! Him and Lambert (The new official name of the Rhino he parachuted in with) both came at Eggman by FLYING A CHOPPA (No other character ever managed this!), creating a diversion with teddy-bear bombs giving Sonic and Sally enough time to put together the rock-things, and then parachuted down to capture (On purpose of course).

Thing was Ari the Ram and the wolf-woman from Archie both just gave up as soon as the Swatbots got them, but there's no evidence SatAM Fisher and Lambert did this. You saw the spotlight get thrown on them, then the camera pans to the Swatbots telling them they're surounded and only then do you LATER see them under arrest. But there's the possibility that SatAM Fisher and Lambert fought their way out as much as they could before they were apprehended. Despite being under arrest, Lambert had a backup extraction point and SatAM ran to the fuckin CHOPPA! This is all factually accurate, watch the damn episode. SatAM Fisher rocks! Kevin will put him in the games as soon as he sees the episode. How can you not be excited when SatAM Fisher bowls onto your screen? I want to see him ziplining down the background of a Chemical Plant/Scrap Brain-esque level. Organise this for me, and for justice! XD

Now if you go to Saturday Morning Sonic they actually mention something else about SatAM Fisher and Lambert. That they are Pollo and Dirk, leaders of the Eastern and Southern Freedom Fighter Groups. Now obviously these names are false, but if you ever go on a covert mission you take up codenames. Sam Fisher himself has had several, so it's only logical to assume SatAM Fisher used either Pollo or Dirk (Neither name is designated to either the bear or rhino, just mentioned in passing) as a codename when he's on the mission. Same with Lambert. This leads us to believe that SatAM Fisher's first coming was SatAM: Chaos Theory (Entering the fray alone), and that the final episode of the series was SatAM: Double Agent, with Lambert getting involved in the nitty gritty as well.

One final fact which proves SatAM Fisher is more legendary than the other characters - He's been completely roboticised and RECOVERED! Bunny only got half roboticised and she's still unable to recover herself, but SatAM Fisher just wouldn't stay robotic, he just used it as a way to distract his captors until he could reach the extraction point. Proven by his final, and non-robotic, return in the final episodes.

SatAM Fisher FaceBook Fan Group! Join It!

Roareye Black.

When the heck did that happen? I'm sure I went back out of Hex with Shadzter and we met with UmiYuri who then stayed with us the near entire day.

Also back on topics people!

Full review of day will be laters.

When the heck did that happen? I'm sure I went back out of Hex with Shadzter and we met with UmiYuri who then stayed with us the near entire day.

Also back on topics people!

Full review of day will be laters.

i wondered that, I thought you must have gone back in their later.

For anyone who wants to see the shirt I mentioned earlier AAUK Wentos has posted about it with a pic at Sonic Wrecks -

Sonic-Spinball-T-shirt.jpg

http://www.sonicwrecks.com/news/community/wentos-suitcase-alton-towers

the shirt

Oh... thats not what I expected it to look like at all, I thought it would have been blue with a big logo on it... I guess that these really will be a one off item if they look like that... mind you it's a nice keepsake of the day. Any special tags on it at all? Like Alton Towers logo or Sega?

Also...this just had to be done...

Edited by Casanova