Awoo.

Wii Fit

HelenBaby

tttt.gif

As far as I can tell a topic for this has not been made yet, so I thought I'd go ahead!

Post your Wii Fit experiences/thoughs etc people!

Well I've had Wii Fit since mid-January. Haven't lost any weight with it, yet, but then I've definetly not been sticking to a healthier diet, so its more than understandable. I have noticed my body's getting alot stronger though =)

The main minigame I play is long Hula-Hoop, and I've find Rhythm Boxing is great at making my mind more alert. Is it me but does the Balance Bubble music seriously sound like something out of a Zelda game? I love it <3 The Step Aerobics music is damn cool too.

The best thing is that my mom's also started playing. She's never take an interest in any of my video games before! She's actually getting better results than I am too, she's lost weight, and even beat my high score on the short hula game! I can't believe it, I must work harder to challenge this!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sega DogTagz

• Mollfie

• JezMM

• Blue Blood

Apart from being the number one game purchased in the UK for 2008 (that is if you discount Wii sports), I certainly haven't found any appeal to it. I don't own a copy, but I'll be damned if I'm paying more than £50 for a game, accessory or not.

I find it annoying that the only way to purchase a Wii Balance Board is to buy it with the Wii Fit game. Why the hell can't we just buy it WITHOUT Wii Fit? >.<

I'm very mixed about wii-fits.

I don't own one, yet I've come so close to buying one, theres a couple of people in my work who own one and they absolutely love them.

On the one hand I think it would be a great thing to own, the other I think that I'd just get bored of it like I would any game. Then theres also the stories about it's ability to take measurements not being very accurate. Remember that 9 year old child who was perfectly healthy and the wii-fit said see was obease! Outch! Thats not a good thing to see!

One day I think I will own one, but not until it gets a price cut, as I can't seem to find one thats under £100 at the moment, mainly due to stores constantly selling them in bundles... groan.

Well I've had Wii Fit since mid-January. Haven't lost any weight with it, yet, but then I've definetly not been sticking to a healthier diet, so its more than understandable. I have noticed my body's getting alot stronger though =)

If I were you, I'd have a go on one of those BMI machines that Boots have, if you think that you're getting stronger then it's possible that you've grown muscle. The people who I work with are currently doing this sponsered wieght loss thing for Comic relief and those who own Wii-Fits say that they no longer trust the measurements as the machine in Boots gives them a much clear picture and sometimes the results are very different to that of the wii-fit. Not to say that the wii-fit doesn't help or do anything, as it's a form of exercise, but that it's ability to measure BMI isn't as accurate as it makes out.

Due to the price and considering not many games use the balance board at this point, I'm not exactly in a rush to get it. Plus I'm not exactly sure if I'd be able to play all the different games (some problems in my one leg limit what I can and can't do). I guess it would somewhat encourage me to be more active, but I already do do a bit of exercising regularly, anyway. :\

But eh, I never did actually try it out yet. I may wanna try out my cousin's copy in the future, just to see what Wii Fit is like.

I figured I would need the Balance Board down the line somewhere, so I went ahead a brought Wii Fit.

As a game, Fit is nothing special. As a fitness engine, I also call it useless. Anyone seeking to lose weight on this thing would have to be incredibly dedicated to losing weight. If some people are that dedicated, then they wouldn’t need Wii Fit in the first place. (It does make a nice extra accessory though).

Still Fit is great for entertainment value. Like the Wii itself, it is phenomenal when entertaining a group of “non gamers” kids and adults alike. This fact alone made it worth the money I spent on it. (I entertain a lot of people).

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. As far as I’m concerned there are 2 party games that are head and shoulders above the rest.

#1 Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

#2 Wii Fit

Fun Fact

I almost died when Brain Age basically told my cousin she was stupid, and Wii Fit told her she was fat. She felt pretty bad but I almost died of a lack of oxygen because I couldn’t stop laughing at Nintendo’s opinion of her.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I got one for my brithday in November. I'd told my parents many times in the past that I didn't like it, but my one time telling them about a balance board game that looks fun led them to getting it for me. Ugh. It's no more fun than being the barbie doll belonging to a spoilt 3 year old.

I admit to getting bored of it much faster than I thought I would, but when it WAS fun it was REALLY fun at least, and I agree with above posters, it's a great entertainment for several friends, even if it is a one player game.

I do feel I paid too much money for the game, but by the end of the Wii's life I'll have lots of games that use it I hope so it should all work out. It is silly that you can't buy it seperately though.

I like wiifit, I find it fun. But I havn't played it for ages because I've been to busy working and doing things for Uni. I'm looking forward to other games coming out that use the balance board though.

I have Wii Fit and My Fitness Coach.

When I first got Wii Fit, I used it a lot, for a few months. I did lose a few pounds from it and I also felt myself getting fitter. If you're pretty fat and unfit like me, then something like Wii Fit and My Fitness Coach IS a great start to doing exercise, especially if you want to start off slow and don't feel comfortable with joining a gym or don't want to splash out on a gym membership.

The problem with these types of games, and anything related, is that you will only gain results if you put effort into it. You need to consciously use it often and maintain your own motivation. If you don't, then the balance board becomes nothing more than glorified bathroom scales. My Fitness Coach is basically an interactive fitness DVD, so again, you really need to put effort into using them both in order to gain something from it.

If you're already fairly fit, then you probably don't need it at all and a gym would be a better choice. It is a great introduction to exercise, and I suppose it complements a routine well, but only if you use it enough!

I got the game on launch and it is good fun i used to play it every day but I stopped playing it for like 90 days it said and not only that I put on weight <_< still it was pretty funny seeing my fat little Mii :lol:

What a waste of time and effort.

It does NOT help you unless you really gonna go at it forever. In which case, join a gym.

I personally find that any game beginning with "Wii" is the sort of thing that's fun the first few times you play it, then becomes something that sits on the shelf gathering dust until you use it to show a friend who's new to the console how gimmicky the Wii is.

They're the kind of games that don't really have much of a lasting fun factor, if you ask me. Once the gimmick/ novelty wears off, that's it. As a result, I decided against bothering to buy it.

Edited by Mahzes

I remember wanting to get Wii Fit, but then they were out of stock. >.<

I still haven't got Wii Fit, but in the future I will. I need a game that will bring my Wii back to life (Black Knight sorta did already but I'm starting to stop playing it...)

And the Rayman TV Party game looks cool. Will get it once I get Wii Fit with Balance board. =3

I still haven't got Wii Fit, but in the future I will. I need a game that will bring my Wii back to life (Black Knight sorta did already but I'm starting to stop playing it...)

MadWorld ;)

(If your into horribly violent games that is)

Anyway, outside of some of the higher-level strength exercises, Wii Fit isn’t even physically challenging to people that are already in shape. Most of the exercises are more of an annoyance than a workout. After a few sets of push-ups, I can sit down and log hours into the thing and not even break a sweat.

I really really REALLY hate that the game won’t let you “run” the island lap. (or any length jog) Screw keeping a steady pace, Sonic taught me that I wanna go fast.

Edited by Sega DogTagz