Awoo.

What Was Your Biggest Achievement In A Video Game?

Tamaki Kawazoe <3

Ok, so I was wondering, what is everyone's biggest Achievement in a video game? Tell everyone on the SSMB you're biggest achievement and be proud of it! My biggest achievement is probably getting all the achievements on Sonic Unleashed, I never got all the achievements in a game before!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mollfie

• JezMM

• Carbo

• Tamaki Kawazoe <3

I don't know...I never really thought about it.

But if I had to pick something...Heh then I'd go almost 20 years back in time.

And I'd have to say being able to finish Sonic The Hedgehog when I was 5 without losing a life and getting all the emeralds.

For the rest I really can't think of anything right away. Maybe there'll pop something in my head later on.

Completing Duke Nukem: Manhattan project 30+ times.

Yeah, I loved that game so much back then...

I don't have many. I really suck at most games.

I guess it'd have to be beating Bowser in Super Mario World. I was always too much of a pansy to play in any level besides the earlier ones, so when I finally grew enough balls to advance and managed to beat the last boss, I was filled with accomplishment.

When I beat Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 1 when I first played it 2 years ago.

Edited by Shade737

My greatest achievement is when I managed to beat Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels without using any Warp Zones (except for in World C, if I remember correctly. It was almost nine years ago). I'll tell you, that definitely wasn't easy, either, and I'm having a hard time trying to beat it again.

My personal biggest achievements are the ones that took me longest. For example, I never owned Sonic 1, but I rented it a few times. Never able to complete it with all Emeralds. When I finally managed to on Sega Mega Collection, I felt quite proud...until I noticed how crappy the "extra" ending was.

Similar thing with Spyro The Dragon. My saved data had a habit of wiping itself, so I had difficulty getting far into it. Eventually after a couple of years of on-again/off-again trying, I managed to finish it, 120% too. That made me quite pleased with myself.

I was also immenselly pleased with myself after completing Zelda 2 for the first time, as a wee nipper. That damn Thunderbird, and then your own Shadow? Doing that under the age of 10 was pretty good going, looking back. Same can be said for Zelda 1, Sonic 2 (all Emeralds), Super Mario Bros 1, 2 & 3 and Eternal Champions.

Oh yes, Shin Akuma on Street Fighter Alpha 3. What a bitch. When I finally get my hands on Street Fighter IV, I pray Seth isn't as bad as that.

Streets of Rage 2 on Hardest mode. I know there's a Mania but iono how to unlock it on emulator.

If I ever beat Streets of Rage 3 on Hard mode, I will be pretty impressed. I get to Jet every single time and then die a horrible death.

Using Ledian in Pokemon Silver is a pretty big achievement too - it's so cool yet SO bad =/

Unlocking and also beating Super Hard mode in Sonic Heroes is also pretty hardcore, too bad I have to replicate it now due to data deleting itself ¬¬

Beating Green Hill Zone Act 1 in 28 seconds is my best accomplishment as of yet. I need to beat that score though...

Getting all emblems on Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (and 100%ing Shadow the Hedgehog too), beating Mega Man 9, unlocking the making of video on Sonic and the Secret Rings, getting every achievement (which involves collecting every audio diary and beating the game on hard without dying, for any PC owners) on BioShock.

Beating Zelda Ocarina of Time with 3 hearts and no fairies, and Majora's Mask and Wind Waker with same rule (but with fairies).

120 stars on Mario 64 in one sitting.

Hrmm... that's all I can think of for now.

S1010086.jpg

^ That. That's all gold medals accomplished in Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Took my blood and sweat that did. It invoked more thought and much more skill than any other game I have ever played in 18 years. When I first started playing SatSR, I thought that never in a million years would I accomplish the feat of getting every gold medal because of how hard it is to get one gold medal in most missions. But I put the effort into it and accomplished what I initially thought to be practically impossible. I found SatSR very hard.

That was my biggest and greatest achievement in a game.

Wow Verte, I'm really impressed. As you might gather from me saying "unlocking the making of video", I was proud enough of getting all silvers. I did try to get all golds and managed it on the first four zones, but Levitated Ruin just began to grind my nerves and the result was my first Wiimote being broken and a dent on my Wii forevermore. I decided the game was bad for my health and admittided defeat. I only play it for fun nowdays.

Wow Verte, I'm really impressed. As you might gather from me saying "unlocking the making of video", I was proud enough of getting all silvers. I did try to get all golds and managed it on the first four zones, but Levitated Ruin just began to grind my nerves and the result was my first Wiimote being broken and a dent on my Wii forevermore. I decided the game was bad for my health and admittided defeat. I only play it for fun nowdays.

Levitated Ruin could get VERY evil when it comes to it's mission's gold medal requirements. That one mission involving Sonic being on the rappelwire 95% of the mission gave me great grief until I realised you can make Sonic swing around the top of the wire to avoid spike balls and genies. Personally, Dinosaur Jungle was the most painful when it comes to gold medals. Night Palace is insanely hard for golds as well.

As you have all silver's, you must have unlocked the crest skills. Crest of Wind is the best Sonic skill of all time IMO. It gives the game more replay value and can make getting gold's considerably easier when used wisely. In fact, Crest of Wind breathes life back into the game and makes it fun all over again because of the sheer speed it affords when being fuelled by rings.

I have completed every Sonic game up to SONIC '06 (Excluding SONIC '06) except for both versions of Sonic Spinball (I loathe that game) and G Sonic/Sonic Blast on Game Gear. I haven't played Chaotix however or other extremely obscure Sonic games like the Pico game. Other than that, it's very hard to name a game I haven't completely nailed than one I have.

Beating Streets of Rage 2 with co-op on Mania mode. Sure it isn't easy, but it's possible. Just requires A LOT of practice and knowing the right moments to waste health on special moves and when to not.

Beating Vega and Saggat on street fighter 2 on the hardest mode. God It took a few hours and my sister used to play the game when she was younger so she tried to help me out and even she got frustrated while playing. But the version we played on though was championship edition.

Most of the games that I feel I think I did best at have already been posted here.

Spyro 3, Streets or Rage 2 and Kingdom hearts. All awesome in their own way and rewarding once you get the hang of them.

Edited by Phil

Beautiful Katamari (although I still can't do the online achievements yet T-T).

Fable(lost chapters) because I've played it so many times I know it pretty much off by heart and have done all the quests, side quests etc.

Shadow of Memories because I've played it so many times I know it pretty much off by heart except for one or two sections that I always forget lol, and I've done all the alternative endings several times.

Completeing and getting all the characters in Tekken games.

Gitaroo Man (normal mode) lol just cos that games is fantastic, but hard.

Edited by Mollfie

Unlocking all characters in Soulcalibur IV and able to complete Grand Theft Auto IV's story. =3

Unlocking all the characters on Brawl.

I seriously never thought I'd get that far; I'm not even that good at video games and I never thought I'd be able to beat Tabuu.

Beating Kid Icarus.

Also, beating MOTHER/EarthBound Zero... Twice... No easy mode hacks.

I considered raising a Light Chao an accomplishment...back in the day... uhhh...

Beating Metroid and Super Metroid...

And lastly... Beating Zack and Wiki without using a guide, even once.

Does defeating all the weapons in FF7 count as an achievement? It was so easy to do, but at the time none of my 'hardcore' friends could do it :D

I also got all gold medals. I was going to throw my remote at the TV but I never called it quits. I kept trying and eventually got them all!

Getting all the Crystal Shards in Kirby 64, and all the 120 Stars in Super Mario 64.

I know I sucked back then when I was a kid with those games, but I'll always see them as the hardest made achievements when I barely could play properly.

For me now, final boss in Cave Story was a pain in the ass.

Oh and, Gears Of War 2 on Insane.

Fucking. Rage.

Oh yeah, forgot about that, I too am a proud finisher of the secret ending on Cave Story. Did it once and probably will never be able to again, lol.

Beating Streets of Rage 2 with co-op on Mania mode. Sure it isn't easy, but it's possible. Just requires A LOT of practice and knowing the right moments to waste health on special moves and when to not.

At least the SoR series tends to be easier on co-op. I find the first game far easier, though I can do hard mode - hardest kicks my ass still.

I've also seen videos of mania, looks mostly like hardest except even more ridiculous. That sequence at the end of stage 7 is just fucking nuts, no way you're getting through that without dying several times, mania or hardest.

For other streets of rage acheivements, I beat Bare Knuckle 3 using Victy/Roo, on very hard mode. Then again, Bare Knuckle 3 is far easier, because of the ability to run and reach enemies or get the fuck out the way. However, Streets of rage 3 circumvents this by having way too much damage and health on foes.

They all have wicked soundtracks though.