Awoo.

What Was Your Biggest Achievement In A Video Game?

Tamaki Kawazoe <3

Getting all 120 stars in Super Mario 64. Pew~ it was awesome getting 99 lives from Yoshi and also receiving a starry special jump thing.

I also felt very pleased with myself when I got 240 stars in Mario Galaxy. =3

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mollfie

• JezMM

• Carbo

• Tamaki Kawazoe <3

I got all emblems in Sonic Adventure 2 and unlocked GHZ.

I also got all the gold medals in Sonic Riders.

And I've completed Morrowind.

Either beating Altered Beast (co-op) or doing a 3 hour run of SH3 without saving. I was so fucking worried I'd go into that goddam storage room in the hospital and have to watch myself die (which was so awesome the first time it happened that I didn't even care) and then start over.

For me, it was beating Metroid Prime 3 at 100% Completion. I think that's the first time I ever aced a game, and it was fantastic. :3

Edited by Gerkuman.2

Oh I got quite a list! :3

Here's what I truly think are my greatest achievements:

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The first time(and the only time) I beat this game. I played it on my NES so no save states were used etc. I went thru the whole game down to infiltrating the Technodrome and taking down Shredder with Donatello. The game was difficult but man I loved it!

• Call of Duty 4: Lol, well I just did this about a month ago. :P You don't see many 15 kill streaks when you play online so getting that far is a great thing to do. My record was 23 kills but I shattered that completely! I got a 35 kill streak. Bad thing is I know I'll never break that again; it was just the right level, right time and right enemies. :P

• Metroid Zero Mission: I like to add beating Metroid Zero Mission in 56 mins! That also includes the extra part after Mother Brain. :3 I think that was also the run I fought Ridley first instead of Kraid.

• Mega Man 9: I'm in the Top 10 in the world for Splash Woman's stage in Time Attack. I was number 8 when I got it but I checked recently and now number 9. I'm not complaining though, that guy even beat the number one time. XD

• Sonic 2006: And I haven't completed this yet but currently (Maybe...last time it took minutes before my anger kicked in and I had to stop) trying to 1000/1000 Sonic 2006. I'm at 700 now...I just gotta S-Rank all of Silver's Act missions and I'll be done! (That and collect silver coins but that's nothing)

Edited by Aokiji

This

No lives lost and no bombs used. Even though it was on Easy, and Marisa and Alice are the easiest characters to use, Reisen always gave me hell whenever I used them.

Edited by Ricky

Finally beat Sonic Unleashed for the Wii. Though the rest of the Wii version WAS piss-easy, completion was delayed because my sisters wanted to play, and if I wanted to play at all, I had to play some multiplayer game. Then, I was stuck on the final boss with Super Sonic. My friend came over and nicknamed the rocks Dark Gaia was throwing at me "meatballs". And so I kept dying because I was hit by those meatballs on the final eye.

First time I did beat it, I got an S-rank. Similar thing happened in Black Knight; Arthur was really, really hard... it took forever to beat him. When I eventually beat him for the first time, I five-starred him.

First, I can't do it. Then, when I eventually do it, I do it almost perfectly.

Weird.

List time!

-Highly Responsive to Prayers (PC-98): Easy 1cc clear (Jigoku Route). This game is EVIL, it took me forever just to get to area 10...and now I have to clear the Makai route...ugh.

-Embodiment of Scarlet Devil (PC): ReimuA Normal 1cc clear. This is still the only time I've 1cc cleared normal on any touhou project game. Unfortunately a HDD failure made me lose the score file, and now I can't even get past Patchouli :(.

-Need for Speed High Stakes (PS1): Winning the GT Championship tournament, it took me like 7 months of constant playing until I cleared it. I still keep the save because I'm not doing it again. Honorable mention to the Open Road Knockout special event...stupid traffic.

-Shadow the Hedgehog (PS2): Clearing Expert Mode without losing a single life. Man, this was hard to do, I kept dying in Cosmic Fall for being too hasty, and one time I lost a life during Final Chase...ugh.

-DJ Max Portable Clazziquai Edition (PSP): Clearing The Clear Blue Sky 6B. This is, to date, my highest leveled 6B cleared song, and judging by how I fare on the rest of the similarly leveled songs, it will stay there for a while.

This

No lives lost and no bombs used. Even though it was on Easy, and Marisa and Alice are the easiest characters to use, Reisen always gave me hell whenever I used them.

Touhou 8 is the easiest Touhou game

If you want a real challenge try out Perfect Cherry Blossom

If anyone here has finished it, let me just find the moment to say that they're completely insane. That game puts the "Hell" in Bullet Hell

Obtaining all of the treasure maps in Disgaea 2 and unlocking the Land of Carnage.

I hate this series's random encounter formulas.

Touhou 8 is the easiest Touhou game

Good, now I know with which game to start!

Edited by Jake

Doing everything in Super Mario Galaxy

SS rank in Armored Core and Armored Core For Answer

If anyone here has finished it, let me just find the moment to say that they're completely insane. That game puts the "Hell" in Bullet Hell

All these newer shmups feel like they need to have some kind of bullet curtain spamming boss in them nowadays, they're usually just posers copying http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_WWLXBI3Qw. That run was done using a programmable joy stick, from my understanding. There are greater spaces between the bullets, but they're moving much faster, though it's hard to tell which is harder, but I think Hibachi is better designed. And plus, He's the Angry Boss Bee.

Ah, here's another one I just accomplished today in Phantom Brave, which was annoyingly tedious: getting the InvisiSlash, Winged Slayer, and Dimension Slash (!!) abilities on both Ash and Laharl, and finally being able to properly power level in this game by generating level 9999 random dungeons with Many Giants and a +55% experience bonus, effectively wiping out all of the level 9999 enemies in one fell swoop and gaining hundreds of levels in the process.

This is a pretty huge deal especially considering how long it freaking takes to set up a really good leveling ground in this game. My play time currently clocks in at 98 hours, and I spent every hour of it trying my best to tackle level 9999 enemies and obtaining some of the rarest abilities. Now I probably stand some sort of a chance against Baal and Pringer X.

Edited by Jake

All these newer shmups feel like they need to have some kind of bullet curtain spamming boss in them nowadays, they're usually just posers copying http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_WWLXBI3Qw. That run was done using a programmable joy stick, from my understanding. There are greater spaces between the bullets, but they're moving much faster, though it's hard to tell which is harder, but I think Hibachi is better designed. And plus, He's the Angry Boss Bee.

The company who made Mushihime-sama, the game where the footage I linked to is from, is the same company who made the DoDon Pachi series. Cave. Its not "newer shmups". They know what they're doing.

Edited by Carbo

5 star-ing all GH3 songs on expert, bar "Raining Blood" and "Fire and Flames" both of which I cant complete....

Ive 100%'ed each Tony Hawks game from 2 to American Wasteland...

ohh and got all the Emeralds on Sonic Advance 2...went through a truck load of batteries...

haha When I was 6, I passed Sonic 2 (MD/G) but I couldnt beat where the water rises in Chemical Plant Act 2. xD Had to get my auntie to beat it for me.

Beating Ecco the Dolphin on the Dreamcast.

No Strategy Guides

No outside help

and Lots of cursing at the screen

-Beating Spyro 1-3 in one sitting each.

-Beating Spyro 2 in 5 hours.(Although I used a cheat to get all abilities from the start.)

-Beating Sonic's Story in SA1 in one sitting.

-Activating a cheating in Super Mario 64 to get to Bowser early when on the "endless stairs", and passing the level before the final battle without losing a life or falling back down, on an emulator.(Although I used an invincibility cheat the whole time, but still.)

-Beating Sonic 1 with all Emeralds.

-Beating Sonic 3 with NO emeralds.

-Beating Boss Battle Mode in Brawl on Intense mode with all of my mains, plus several others. I think 10 in total.

-Beating the first boss of Sonic 2(GG).

-Becoming greatly skilled at Sonic Riders 1 and 2.

-Becoming greatly skilled at S3&K.

-Going back to Super Mario Galaxy and competing the game 200% on an old incomplete file, stuck at 90% before I abandoned it.

Well, I 100% completed both The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Twilight Princess, all hearts & everything..

Other than that, nothing.

^ still, that's pretty awesome. I know people who still havn't completed it, even with a guide. Namely my brother in law. I completed it for him when I was ten lol

Edited by Mollfie