Awoo.

SONIC RELIEF 2010

Doctor MK

teaser2010-2-1.png

Sonic Relief is back with a bang! Following the unexpected success of last year’s campaign, Sonic Relief 2010 aims to be bigger, better, and more successful!

sonicrelief2donate.png

This year’s campaign aims to raise money for the biennial Sport Relief charity event from Comic Relief, which brings together the worlds of sport and entertainment to raise money to help vulnerable people in both the UK and the world's poorest countries. You can find out more about Sport Relief by visiting http://www.sportrelief.com/

Sonic_stand.gifHOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?

FAN SUBMISSIONS

The basic premise of the campaign is still the same as last year – do something Sonic for money! Whether you want to draw a picture, sing a song, make a video... literally ANYTHING... then we want to see it! The possibilities are endless!

This year's theme is "something sporty" to coincide with the charity we are raising money for, but that's not to say you can't make it humorous too - as long as your submissions still have some relevance to Sport Relief.

There is one fundamental change to this year though – due to the good ol’ recession, Shadzter and myself won’t be able to do what we did last year whereby a certain amount of money was donated for every submission. Instead, this time we ask if the people submitting could make a small donation along with their submission (only £1 or so will do!). It may seem a bit cheeky, but it’s for a good cause – and there’s something in it for you, too! Each paid submission will be entered into the contest for Best Sonic Relief Submission 2010, and our favourite will win a prize!

*It should be noted that donations are not compulsory, but you will not be entered into the contest if you do not donate*

JUSTGIVING DONATIONS

Sonic Relief 2010 will also utilise JustGiving, a system which allows anyone to make a donation (of however much they wish) to our cause - and the money will go straight to Sport Relief! This enables you to do whatever you like to raise money for Sonic Relief – make a calendar, have a 'Day in Blue', participate in a fun run... anything! Raise some cash and then pass it on to us via JustGiving!

Alternatively you can just simply pledge some money via JustGiving. Whether you want to make a set donation no matter what or you want to follow a similar system to last year whereby a certain amount is donated based on how many submissions we receive... well, that's up to you! We're giving you every possible option you could ever want to raise money this year!

*You will need a credit or debit card to donate via JustGiving*

Sonic_stand.gifIMPORTANT INFORMATION

The closing date for submissions and donations will be midnight (GMT) on Sunday 21st March 2010 to coincide with the end of the Sport Relief Weekend.

If you have any queries regarding this year’s campaign, do not hesitate to contact either myself or Shadzter and we will do our best to respond.

Contact MK Skillz at SSMB

E-mail Shadzter: shadzter@sonicstadium.org

Thanks for all your support so far and stay tuned for more Sonic Relief announcements coming soon!

[sonic Relief Facebook Group] [@SonicReliefUK on Twitter] [sonic Relief JustGiving Page]

• Thumbs Up 5

I realise I did not state where submissions should be made in the opening post, so in case there's any confusion let me clear it up here:

Submissions wishing to be entered into the contest should be sent to shadzter@sonicstadium.org as an attachment or a link (depending on what your submission is), along with some form of proof that you have made a donation to Sonic Relief 2010 (be it a name so that we can check you have donated on our JustGiving page or a print screen of your donation).

Submissions not wishing to be entered into the contest should be posted as normal here in the SSMB topic, the same as with last year's campaign, so that everyone can see them and be inspired by them. Submissions wishing to be entered into the contest can also be posted here in the SSMB topic so that we can keep a total of how many submissions have been made to the campaign (in case anyone is planning to donate using a similar system to last year).

I hope that's all cleared up now.

And, despite the campaign having only been running for a day, I can reveal that we have already beaten last year's total of £102, thanks to a very generous donation of £128 to our JustGiving page.

Let's keep those donations and submissions coming, folks... if we carry on at this rate, we can really make a difference!

:D

Edited by MK Skillz
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm newly registered here, though to be fair I've been meaning to do it for a while, so I do intend to stick around ^_^

Anyway, I'd like to say that I've just sent a submission off to the Sonic Relief campaign, which is my tribute album "Songs for Sonic". If you're interested, it's available here (http://livingsedative.bandcamp.com), and it's available for free download. However, I am also taking donations so that I can donate more monies to the campaign. So far I've donated £6 personally, and there's another £6 waiting in the bank ready to go.

I'm gonna go post around now, so see you around! :D

• Thumbs Up 3

Hi all. I'm newly registered here, though to be fair I've been meaning to do it for a while, so I do intend to stick around ^_^

Anyway, I'd like to say that I've just sent a submission off to the Sonic Relief campaign, which is my tribute album "Songs for Sonic". If you're interested, it's available here (http://livingsedative.bandcamp.com), and it's available for free download. However, I am also taking donations so that I can donate more monies to the campaign. So far I've donated £6 personally, and there's another £6 waiting in the bank ready to go.

I'm gonna go post around now, so see you around! :D

Thank you so very much for your entry! Just when I was beginning to think no one would participate in this year's campaign, you have restored my faith... and a very good first entry it is! :D

Hopefully this will inspire others to enter and donate too!

• Thumbs Up 1

Haven't posted much on this forum lately, but I'm always up for some charity work! Anyway, I think I'll make my donation based on how many submissions are made to SEGA's Needlemouse badnik art thingamajig. Basically for every artwork, I'll donate a nickel. I'll be waiting for the results by tomorrow (if that's info's 'specifically' released; if not, I hope someone has kept a tally).

Then later this month, I will be making a second donation based on how many peeps attend SEGA Character Feburary on Facebook. I suppose a dime for every person by the end of the month shall suffice.

This way, I hope to making a donation based on someone's merit, at least. C'mon guys, let's make an impact!

• Thumbs Up 1

Haven't posted much on this forum lately, but I'm always up for some charity work! Anyway, I think I'll make my donation based on how many submissions are made to SEGA's Needlemouse badnik art thingamajig. Basically for every artwork, I'll donate a nickel. I'll be waiting for the results by tomorrow (if that's info's 'specifically' released; if not, I hope someone has kept a tally).

Then later this month, I will be making a second donation based on how many peeps attend SEGA Character Feburary on Facebook. I suppose a dime for every person by the end of the month shall suffice.

This way, I hope to making a donation based on someone's merit, at least. C'mon guys, let's make an impact!

Oh cool thanks! :D

I'm sure RubyEclipse will give at least a rough total of how many entries they've received when he posts on the SEGA blog later today. :)

Now, on the charity page there's mention of 'Gift Aid'. I read up on it and thought, "Would it be more rewarding to the charity if I had someone from the UK donate my money for me?" If I'm correct in thinking this, I suppose the easiest way would be to buy that Sonic Relief CD and put all my donations in that one lump sum. Can someone verify this as a good plan? :]

Now, on the charity page there's mention of 'Gift Aid'. I read up on it and thought, "Would it be more rewarding to the charity if I had someone from the UK donate my money for me?" If I'm correct in thinking this, I suppose the easiest way would be to buy that Sonic Relief CD and put all my donations in that one lump sum. Can someone verify this as a good plan? :]

I'll double check for you, but I think that sounds like the wisest plan.

That way it'll all be donated in British pounds too.

That sounds like a good plan, tis very thoughtful of you, or you could always just send it via Paypal to Gavvie/MK/Shadowfox and they can convert and donate it for you.

As for me, I'll be doing what I did last year, donating an amount based on the sum of the Prime Factors of the amount of entries.

However might try and do a bit more! (Well I'll be donating prizes too)

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, if somebody from the UK donates money, the government'll add 3% of the total, I think. I'd be more than happy to add you in, I've already got £15 to add on top of the £29 already raised through download sales, so I've beaten the realistic £30 total I'd set myself.

Now to go to towards the hopeful £100 total...still got another 6 weeks or so to go yet!!

As far as I'm aware no one has announced a total for the amount of entries... so I dunno what you're going to do about that :huh:

As far as I'm aware no one has announced a total for the amount of entries... so I dunno what you're going to do about that  :huh:

Idea: As my e-mail to Ruby hasn't been replied to, I'll take matters into my own hands. With a little math, I'll get this all straightened out.

"...which is already at 350+ and rising!"

The binary segments of '+' added together is 101011, and divided by it's dec/char's (42) equals 2349.

Doing the same with 'rising' we get 6623244/1030, which equals 6430.

Add them together and find that number's (9129) hex numbers.

Add those together (141) with the original 350 and we get... 491!

Basically...

Add its binaries, then divide by its dec/char.

Add both sums, then find its hex values.

Add those with 350 to find the final number.

101011 / 43 = 2349

6623244 / 1030 = 6430

2349 + 6430 = 9129

350 + 141 = 491

I know it makes NO sense, but that's the value I'm going with... for now.

Edited by Silva Rymes

Alright, lets get the ball rolling here. (that's not meant to be a Sonic pun but it can be if you want)

Emailed it to Shadzter and made the donation but will post my entry here by request of Trainer Gold.

So here we go, Shadow has tried to invent his own sport in the name of Sonic Relief.

Now I've set the bar suitably low, here come a flood of entries! POW! (Post now and make me look not-wrong/stupid)

andysonicrelief.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

RRRRRRRRGH, SKIPPING.

Send a donation to the justgiving and emailed it to Shadzer

19022010071.jpg

Edited by Mr. Needlemark
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just thought I'd let you all know, Songs for Sonic has now raised over £75! I'm really, really close to getting to the £100 target I set myself, so if you haven't downloaded/donated yet, now would be an excellent time to do it :D

Still, thanks to everybody who has downloaded/donated so far. It means a lot to me, and I'm sure it means a lot to Sir MK as well. Sport Relief'll appreciate the money we're sending as well :D

Just thought I'd let you all know, Songs for Sonic has now raised over £75! I'm really, really close to getting to the £100 target I set myself, so if you haven't downloaded/donated yet, now would be an excellent time to do it :D

Still, thanks to everybody who has downloaded/donated so far. It means a lot to me, and I'm sure it means a lot to Sir MK as well. Sport Relief'll appreciate the money we're sending as well :D

You've raised over £75 already? Wow, that's awesome stuff Gavvie! :D

The total currently stands at £154 (excluding Gavvie's album sales) with exactly one month left to go until the end of the campaign... here's hoping we get some more entries and donations!

I want everyone out there to do their bit - even if you don't want to enter or can't donate, you can help promote our cause and raise Sonic Relief 2010's profile! The more publicity we get, the more money we're likely to raise. Simples! :P

So let's do it to it folks, and make this year's campaign one to remember!

Here is my entry for the contest. And a tenner has been cast into the Sonic collection tin.

I thought of doing a whole character thing and basing it on the charity fun runs. I decided on using SatAM characters and the Chaotix. I've not drawn the SatAM lot before so I was happy with the result. The numbers on S, T, K and Metal S's bibs are the earliest dates I could find of their first appearance in a video game (day/month/year).

Sonic's number is 230691, Tails: 201192, Knuckles: 020294, Metal: 230993.

It too is in a frame for no reason other than making it look a bit nicer. Just click to enlarge. Hope it's OK.

Every entry counts though. Lets hope there are more to come!

post-1553-12670326991101_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, great jobs people. I'm glad that people are doing good here at the =SSMB=

Bleck, I promise I'll get something done sometime.

Man why didn't ya'll just do that naked calendar.....woulda been so much easier XP

Wow, great jobs people. I'm glad that people are doing good here at the =SSMB=

Bleck, I promise I'll get something done sometime.

Man why didn't ya'll just do that naked calendar.....woulda been so much easier XP

Ha ha, but I have a bit of a round tummy while the rest of me is slim. I look pregnant :blush:

Im restricted to using a PS3 browser... so I had to use something old. Aside from a pic of Bark being crushed by Bear Hugger, this is the closest thing I got to a sports piece.

500cc301jetthehawkbyhyl.png

• Thumbs Up 2