Awoo.

Best 4Kids Performance

Fairfieldfencer

I'm asking what everybody thinks was the best performance by the 4Kids voice actors. I say Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic and the Black Knight.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blazey Firekitty

• Phos

• CreamyBagel

• Fairfieldfencer

As much as I like the Werehog's japanese voice in Unleashed (Tomokazu Seki is a genius), I like his english voice too. Jason could really empathize the rougher quality to Sonic in Werehog form. You can still hear normal Sonic but there's a definate growl to it and whilst there is detectable Shadow-ness in it, it still sounds quite appropriate and distinct because Werehog doesn't sound as forceful. And who can forget Werehog's death scream? It sounds as packed with horror as you could possibly ever hear XD

Amy's lines near the end of Sonic X episode 52 were brilliantly delivered. It really did sound as if Lisa Ortiz had to cry to deliver a performance like that because it sounded so genuinely full of happy-sadness, tears that had anguish and joy (If that makes sense :lol:) as well as putting across that choked-up sound you get whilst crying deeply and talking/babbling at the same time.

I really like Bella Hudson's Blaze voice. It's cute, kinda gender neautral without sounding awkward or strange, and fits Blaze's "reserved with a soft side" personality quite well. I especially liked it in the Black Knight cutscenes I've seen.

I thought Dan Green did a good job with Professor Pickle. Could hear a bit of Yami in there, but not enough to be distracting.

Sonic Rivals 2, hands down.

It was the game where I could finally accept Dan Green as Knuckles because he did a FANTASTIC job at it.

Actually everyone involved with that game was on point. Still don't like Shadow and Rouge though

Still don't like Shadow and Rouge though

I miss Rouge's voice not being so deep.^_^;;

I don't know what happened with Cream's voice. She sounds kinda like a yappy poodle to me.

Unleashed felt very natural and less stilted, though that's in part thanks to the more flowing writing.

As for actors, Mike Pollock, hands down. The man is absolutely fantastic as Eggman(And Nega and Gerald too).

As much as I like the Werehog's japanese voice in Unleashed (Tomokazu Seki is a genius)

Wait a sec, it was a different guy who did Werehog's Japanese voice, not Junichi? Huh. O.o If so..is that the same seiyuu who does Jet's voice? Because he also sounds very similiar to Sonic but is done by someone else.

Sonic Rivals 2, hands down.

Amen. =O Dan Green did a really good job with Knuckles in that game.

I'll also say that Unleashed had the best performances overall. But like El Gran Gordo said, it's mainly thanks to the writing. =P

Best voice actor is obviously Mike Pollock. Hell yeah! >w<

As much as I like the Werehog's japanese voice in Unleashed (Tomokazu Seki is a genius)

He does Ethan Waber in PSU.

Anyways...Sonic Unleashed takes my ice cream cake! And I don't care about voices(unless it's painful)!

Unleashed had really good acting. Nothing ever came off as awkward or anything, except a few of Chip's lines and Professor Pickle's assistant.

Wait a sec, it was a different guy who did Werehog's Japanese voice, not Junichi? Huh. O.o If so..is that the same seiyuu who does Jet's voice? Because he also sounds very similiar to Sonic but is done by someone else.

Jun'ichi doesn't voice Werehog in japanese. Tomokazu Seki does. Jet is voiced by Daisuke Kishio in japanese. I just love switching language to japanese in 360 version, grabbing enemies and then throwing them around because the Werehog's japanese voice is just hilarious to me and also well acted. I just love everything about Werehog's voice :lol: it sounds whimsical and maybe over the top but then that's how the Werehog fights and the voice is so very suitable because of that. It's lower pitched and yet sounds just as youthful as Jun'ichi's normal form voice.

A nice little addition in japanese voice track for Unleashed is that when Sonic transforms, both Jun'ichi's and Tomokazu's voices are overlapped by the magic of overdubbing so you can hear his voice change pitch as he transforms.

I think that Shadow the hedgehog had the best VA.

Tails actully sounded like a boy then all the games after it he sounded like a girl.

Bella Hudson was brillaint in Black Knight. I'm surprised she didn't use the plummy English accent for Blaze as well as Merlina.

I have to admit, I was really impressed with Shadow's voice in ShTH. Also Unleashed is the VAs at their best.

Are we determining which game featured the best overall performance, or which individual actor is the cream of the crop? The conversation seems divided.

Well, best game overall was Sonic Unleashed.

Best actor of the bunch is undoubtably Mike Pollock.

Are we determining which game featured the best overall performance, or which individual actor is the cream of the crop? The conversation seems divided.

Well, best game overall was Sonic Unleashed.

Best actor of the bunch is undoubtably Mike Pollock.

Both. It's up to the poster.

I'd say they were probably best in the latter half of Sonic X (series 1) and Shadow the Hedgehog. After Sonic X ended, you can tell that Jason really got out of practice and lost his consistency. Since Riders, his voice has been all over the place and slid up and down the quality spectrum repeatedly. One game he'll be doing his best performance in ages, the next he'll have you being grateful that there's a Japanese voice option. Or cringing if there isn't one.

Edited by Mahzes

Night of the Werehog

Oh you clever, unfunny dog.

I think Griffith's best performance was in fact Unleashed. Though that's not saying much. Sonic never really had a good voice actor. They're all annoying when you get down to it. From Jaleel White to Ryan Drummond to Jason Griffith.

Mike Pollock is always good.

The other characters range from pretty good to crap. I thought that the Voice Acting in the ending of Secret rings was good.

It's a shame what they did to Rouge. She was so happy and full of life. Now she sounds like a bored middle aged woman.

I have to say that, in my opinion, Mike Pollock is about the second best Eggman voice I've heard all together (with Long John Baldry being my favourite) simply cause he seems to portray the doc's more relaxed playful side just as well as serious and sinister side.

with the rest of the cast, even if at first I didn't like the voices, I'm that use to them now that it doesn't matter to me at all anymore (and with alot of them I feel like it's harder to go back and listen to the older voices, like Sonic's and Knuckles' :lol: )

I have to say that, in my opinion, Mike Pollock is about the second best Eggman voice I've heard all together (with Long John Baldry being my favourite) simply cause he seems to portray the doc's more relaxed playful side just as well as serious and sinister side.

While we're on the subject of Eggman voice actors...Gary Chalk voicing Sonic Underground Robotnik was the only Eggy voice I ever felt was at all unnatural souding. He sounded exactly like Optimus Primal. :blink:

Oh you clever, unfunny dog.

Griffith's dialog is pretty bad, but his interjections are pretty good. With that in mind, why would I not choose the only one with no dialog? Who's not laughing now?

E: Ironically, Jason became less annoying during dialog in Unleashed, but now I hate interjections from SU. Probably because I like the sound the boost makes when it's activated, and he drowns it out.

Edited by Phos