Awoo.

Best 4Kids Performance

Fairfieldfencer

Griffith's dialog is pretty bad, but his interjections are pretty good. With that in mind, why would I not choose the only one with no dialog? Who's not laughing now?

He only has one line. "Oops." And no, I'm not laughing. You act like you've proven some point. "His interjections are good but his dialogue is bad, who's laughing now?"

:huh:

Edited by Indigo Rush

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blazey Firekitty

• Phos

• CreamyBagel

• Fairfieldfencer

Sonic Unleashed had good performances from all cast members. The only real drawback to Unleashed's voice work was that Dan Green didn't play enough characters.

Edited by Venom

Sonic Unleashed had good performances from all cast members. The only real drawback to Unleashed's voice work was that Dan Green didn't play enough characters.

Needs more mind crush. :lol:

He only has one line. "Oops." And no, I'm not laughing. You act like you've proven some point. "His interjections are good but his dialogue is bad, who's laughing now?"

:huh:

You're forgetting Jason's best line ever: BLLLLLEEEHHH!!

And no, I'm not laughing
Who's not laughing now?

I'm asking what everybody thinks was the best performance by the 4Kids voice actors. I say Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic and the Black Knight.

POKEMON! Wait can I do that in this topic? :huh:

Next to that I'd say mike (eggy) is the best. Then Jason's shadow and his sonic in UNLEASHED.

*Reads all post on this page* Damn! Im laughing soo now what?? :P

And Fuck Dan green. He only did one good voice, MR. ICE cream man! Except that he was garbage that got pissed on garbage that got fucked by more garbage.

Edited by SHADIC360©

Dan Green will always be tops when it comes to 4Kids related actors! Hahaha! And Mike Pollock is pretty good himself, too, as Eggman, as evidented.

Either way, they're all growing on me the more I hear 'em (I'll be flammed and flammergastted by saying I don't really remember the previous ones and just keep these actors as they are and don't bother changing, but that in itself seems inevitable) and they are improving more and more so, but it's usally up to dialogue, now isn't it? That, and the method of doing the lines might be different. Some look at the storyboards to get an idea what's going on, some just get a script and read off it, and I guess they'd have to tell them what kind of emotion to convey, if they ever have a voice director (Andrea Romano would be a pretty good choice!)

I definitely agree that Mike Pollock is the best Sonic 4Kids VA. He's a very convincing Eggman: sinister, yet sometimes funny, too.

The best overall performances, in my opinion, are Unleashed and Black Knight. The acting for all the characters sounds very convincing to me, especially Sonic.

And Fuck Dan green. He only did one good voice, MR. ICE cream man! Except that he was garbage that got pissed on garbage that got fucked by more garbage.
You may not like Dan Green's voice, but it's not quite civil throwing around curse words like that.

Best voice acted game? I dunno... I'd say Unleashed but I thought the Werehog was simply cringeworthy, except his screams and yells, which were pretty good, his speaking role was just plain bad though. I'd say Sonic Rivals 2, but Eggman Nega just sounds stupid as always... and Rouge... Also, the way Shadow says "Metal Sonic" realy pisses me off for some reason (anyone else?)

So Im gonna have to go with Black Knight. Caliburn, Sonic, Percival and Merlina (despite her English accent being quite bad...) were all protrayed well. Lancelot sounded a bit stupid and loud at times but otherwise good, and I really have never been able to take Knuckles seriously since Dan Green. Dan Green playing a serious honourable Knuckles just makes it even more laughable...

EDIT: Best portrayal would be Eggman, Shadow in ShTH/'06, and Blaze in everything

Edited by SuperLink

I definitely agree that Mike Pollock is the best Sonic 4Kids VA. He's a very convincing Eggman: sinister, yet sometimes funny, too.

The best overall performances, in my opinion, are Unleashed and Black Knight. The acting for all the characters sounds very convincing to me, especially Sonic.

You may not like Dan Green's voice, but it's not quite civil throwing around curse words like that.

Ironically, if we took the curse word literally, we could assume that Shadic wishes to make sweet love to Mr. Green. :blink:

I'd say Sonic Unleashed, you can tell that the VAs have improved a lot in that. I still have mine set to Japanese, but still. :P

As for specific character VAs, I'm not sure exactly, I'd say probably Blaze's or Knuckles', one of the two.

thought Dan Green did a good job with Professor Pickle

Dan Green did Prof. Pickle :o

I'll have to hop on the bandwagon and agree that Mike Pollock is the best of the bunch.

Jason ain't too bad, nor is Lisa or Dan. The more I play the new games, the more I get used to the VAs.

NOT ROUGE THOUGH, that is a crime against humanity.

In terms of games I'd say SU, Sonic 06, SatBK and Sonic Rivals 2

Edited by CreamyBagel

Dan Green did Prof. Pickle :o

"You've activated my TRAP CARD...so, here, enjoy a cucumber sandwich." :lol:

^Took me a while to get that joke, but I did eventually XD

It's okay, sometimes I'm slow to catch on, too. ;)

As far as which game boasts the best voice acting, I think Sonic Unleashed and Sonic and the Black Knight are my personal favorites. In Unleashed, everyone sounded great. Sonic and Tails much improved, Eggman was excellent as per usual, Amy was fine, Pickle was great, and Chip was fine too. My feelings towards Chip's voice are a little mixed. I like his voice on one hand, yet on the other, I wish he sounded cuter, like his Japanese voice. :lol:

In Black Knight, I found Sonic to be so-so. I didn't particularly care for his voice, but it wasn't bad. The Knights of the Round Table, Nimue, and Merlina was where it really shined though, in all honesty.

Now, if we are talking who's the best individual VA, I'd say either Mike Pollock, Bella Hudson, or Dan Green. The later two for voicing several characters, yet always doing a satisfying job. Ortiz is also pretty decent for the most part, and I think Palant makes the best Tails. :D

My feelings towards Chip's voice are a little mixed. I like his voice on one hand, yet on the other, I wish he sounded cuter, like his Japanese voice. :lol:

I was a bit perplexed as to why they made him sounder older in the English than in the Japanese. His English still seemed cute to me, but sounding like a little kid just seems to fit him better.

@blaze: Haha nice funny. For like 2 secs I forgot Dan voiced yugi. (pharaoh?)

I was a bit perplexed as to why they made him sounder older in the English than in the Japanese. His English still seemed cute to me, but sounding like a little kid just seems to fit him better.

If I'm correct, with Silver it's the opposite. His English voice is young and geeky-sounding (IMO), but his Japanese voice is...really low and mature. O_o

I obviously like his Japanese voice more though. It doesn't annoy you. XP

Silver is the Sonic equivalent of Daisy, but more annoying ('cos Daisy's pretty awesome)

HI I'M SILVER. WHAT DO YOU MEAN STOP SHOUTING!? THIS IS MY INDOOR VOICE. WHAT'S AN INDOOR?

Why does he always seem like an arrogant prick also? In 2006 he's like "EVERYONE'S IN MY WAY" and in Rivals he's like "STEP ASIDE/GET OUT OF MY WAY" etc etc. Probably one of the reasons I hate him.

I never liked Mike Pollock in hsi role in Sonic X, but I have to admit he's done a great job recently. I really liked him in Sonic 06, even if the game was garbage. His voice was comical, but menicingly ominous at the same time.

Oh, and the ending cutscene of secret rings.

@blaze: Haha nice funny. For like 2 secs I forgot Dan voiced yugi. (pharaoh?)

Yep, he voiced both regular Yugi and the Pharaoh.^_^

If I'm correct, with Silver it's the opposite. His English voice is young and geeky-sounding (IMO), but his Japanese voice is...really low and mature. O_o

HI, I'M SILVER. WOULD YOU LIKE A GLASS OF CHOCOLATE RAIN?

Why does he always seem like an arrogant prick also? In 2006 he's like "EVERYONE'S IN MY WAY" and in Rivals he's like "STEP ASIDE/GET OUT OF MY WAY" etc etc. Probably one of the reasons I hate him.

I think that may be because Sonic Team never really thought of much to do with him besides making him a Trunks-esque "Must save the future" guy. I mean, I like the general concept of the character, but I guess without Blaze to soften him up, he devolves into a one trick pony.^_^;;

Oh, I may as well add that I think Blaze's English voice is way, way off. I mean, in Japanese her voice is really low, yet in English it just seems to keep getting higher with almost every game she's in. Hell, even before I'd even heard her Japanese voice I thought her English voice was unfitting.

and I think Palant makes the best Tails

BLASPHEMY! :P

I think she's improving but every so often the femme voice wriggles its way out and I forget Tails is a boy.

Edited by CreamyBagel

Oh yeah, I love Amy Palant's Tails voice, too. Although I think she's lost it a bit since Sonic X ended, too.

BLASPHEMY! :P

I think she's improving but every so often the femme voice wriggles its way out and I forget Tails is a boy.

Tails is a boy? :blink: