Awoo.

Best 4Kids Performance

Fairfieldfencer

And Fuck Dan green.

Dan Green: Turnin' dudes gay since 1985. ;)

Edited by Tornado

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blazey Firekitty

• Phos

• CreamyBagel

• Fairfieldfencer

Dan isn't that bad. If he stopped doing his yami voice he might qualify for a decent VA. Just look at Prof. Pickle, I didn't even know it was Dan. But when Mephiles appeared for the first time time I was like "pharaoh, is that you? @_@"

But when Mephiles appeared for the first time time I was like "pharaoh, is that you? @_@"

"Silver, I'd like to let you know that the solution to all your problems lies within a children's card game that I'm sure you'll excel at under my tutelage. Just remember, you're nothing without me. Nothing."

All the VA's have on and off days to me. I've never liked 4kids Tails' really, but he sounded much better in Unleashed. I far prefer the stuffy, nerdy, whiny voices Tails had in Heroes and the OVA (OVA was better than Heroes, but they both have a similar sound to them).

My fave performances have been Amy and Eggman in Sonic Riders: ZG. EVERYONE except Merlina (her british accent sounded way too forced) in Sonic and the Black Knight. Pretty much everyone in Unleashed.

Overall my fave 4kids voices are Amy and Eggman for sure, they're usually good in most games. Sonic, when he sounds good, he sounds really good to me (mainly Secret Rings, Unleashed and Black Knight), the rest of the time he's just average (except the Riders games, dunno why but he sounds damn weird in those).

Just my personal view.

Dan isn't that bad. If he stopped doing his yami voice he might qualify for a decent VA. Just look at Prof. Pickle, I didn't even know it was Dan. But when Mephiles appeared for the first time time I was like "pharaoh, is that you? @_@"

Now if that were to be said to any other actor, I'd question why people like Johnny Yong Bosch so much. That said, doesn't always take a range of different voices to be a good voice actor or actor. Dan's a great actor, when directed well, he will knock you out of the park. Especially with his work with Media Blasters.

Anyway, as for my opinion, I think Unleashed, Rivals 2 and Black Knight were their best performances. Jason Griffith's Sonic voice started to be much more controlled, and his delivery came out a little more natural, up to Black Knight, where he portrayed the more edgey Sonic nicely. Mike Pollock will always be my favorite Eggman. Amy Palant had a little falling after Sonic X, but started to be more like Tails again Unleashed came in. Loved Dan Green's Knux in Rivals 2, and loved his performances in Unleashed (Prof. Pickle, especially XD).

Unleashed's voice acting overall, was more flowy, which can be said with Black Knight, too.

I'm pretty okay with most of the 4kids acting except I miss Shadow's old voice that he had in SA2. And right now Rouge's voice is way too low. She sounds way older than what she needs to be.

I'm pretty okay with most of the 4kids acting except I miss Shadow's old voice that he had in SA2. And right now Rouge's voice is way too low. She sounds way older than what she needs to be.

Yeah, I miss her sounding cute and young.;_;

Now if that were to be said to any other actor, I'd question why people like Johnny Yong Bosch so much. That said, doesn't always take a range of different voices to be a good voice actor or actor. Dan's a great actor, when directed well, he will knock you out of the park. Especially with his work with Media Blasters.

I agree and disagree. Yes, its odd that people ignore some more obvious VA crossovers when it comes to the Dan Green hate (Hoss Delgado is Batman. Spike Spiegel is Wolverine. Etc.), but to kind of put it on another point of view, Dan Green was in Yu-Gi-Oh. That's something that was pretty mainstream, pretty bad and pretty memetic. It'll take a while for that to go away, fair or not.

As I've said before (Though I don't think in this thread) that all the dialog I've ever heard 4kids produce always has this irritating "softness" to it.

I'd say Capella as Silver and Salerno as Chip are my favorite perfomances from a 4kids actor. Capella may be a little emotionless sometimes in his acting but it seems to fit Silver's straightforward personality but sometimes it sounds off like when the character is supposed to be more astonished like "But That's Impossible!" or something like that. Salerno seemed to be rather fine actor in Unleashed.

I'd have to say Melissa Hutchenson was sounded brilliant as Merlina and Robertson who did Caliburn sounded good too but unfortunately they're Webtone actors and not 4kids.

Though Palant seems to be getting worse with each game and making Tails seem more girly which is really creepy... how I miss Bringas.

I'd have to say Melissa Hutchenson was sounded brilliant as Merlina and Robertson who did Caliburn sounded good too but unfortunately they're Webtone actors and not 4kids.

They played the roles? That can't be right. I looked at the credits of Black Knight myself and their names did not appear.

They played the roles? That can't be right. I looked at the credits of Black Knight myself and their names did not appear.

Check again, they're not listed with the 4kids actors. After it says like:

4kids studios

Voice Cast:

so on and son

then it goes on to say

Webtone Inc.

Voice Cast:

Casey Robertson

Gavin... (I don't remember his surname actually, I'll have to look again myself)

Melissa Hutchenson

Though Palant seems to be getting worse with each game and making Tails seem more girly which is really creepy... how I miss Bringas.

I wish the actor/actress who plays Chowder on Cartoon Network could play Tails. The voice reminds me a lot of the voices Tails had in the DIC shows.

I enjoyed the Sonic Unleashed acting. I could sit there and play through it multiple times and not feel like cringing half the time like I do/did with Drummand and other older Sonic games. (Oh yes I went thar. -dies-)

That would be Nicky Jones, and yeah, he'd be a great choice.

Glad we agree. ;)

I feel sorry for the 4kids cast though. They get a lot of stick from the fans when really they're only doing their job. I don't think people realize how hard it actually is to voice act and that makes them overlook a lot of things.

Hands down, Tikal has the best the best voice. I mean she'e even voiced by the same woman who did Blaze, Maria, and Shahra.

That would be Nicky Jones, and yeah, he'd be a great choice.

>_> <_< Until he hits puberty anyway...

I'd say Capella as Silver and Salerno as Chip are my favorite perfomances from a 4kids actor. Capella may be a little emotionless sometimes in his acting but it seems to fit Silver's straightforward personality but sometimes it sounds off like when the character is supposed to be more astonished like "But That's Impossible!" or something like that. Salerno seemed to be rather fine actor in Unleashed.

psssst.

They're the same person.

Also, I second Jake or whatever's claim about Shadow in Rivals 2.

"Come on MetalSonic. Let's go MetalSonic!"

Two words dude. Two.

>_> <_< Until he hits puberty anyway...

Oh, he's still a kid? For some reason, I had it in my head that he was just able to do a little kid's voice.

Woah I'm faaaast.

The best 4Kids Performance was... ummm.... what was that moment when nobody spoke...? :huh:

I don't have a wide scale of grades, you know. A mediocre performance is mediocre performance to me, I can't quite tell if something's more mediocre or less mediocre. >_<

I don't know if it's 4Kids, but I think Merlina's voice is by far the most pleasant and the best carried out English voice of recent times.

... But I really have no clue what the best cast should be... Sonic OVA's voice actors were very enjoyable, but they wouldn't be fitting for past-genesis Sonic look, Ryan Drummond'salso not the best choice for Sonic, and Junichi Kanemaru has a strong Japanese accent when speaking English. ゜∀゜♪ whaaat...? :P