Awoo.

What Will You Do if Needlemouse Is Terrible?

Legendary Emerald

I'll sit in the back and laugh along with diogenes and chaossupremsonic, because, honestly it will by quite hilarious to watch as all the elitists complain about everything that made not and I quote, "CLASSIC SAWWNIC RAWR"

And if it is good seemingly only to mua, then I'll enjoy it no matter what anyone says.

P.S. would you like popcorn salted with elitist TEARS?

People as extreme as these elitists are, they'll just complain that the right elements were not present, and therefore this point is moot?

It's like those idiots who said that Sega should hand Sonic to another developer, and then when they did (Chronicles) they hyped it to a thousand degrees, but then it sold poorly and it sucked (bad). So next time they started saying it wasn't really an RPG which should have been done.

You can't even counter this argument because there's no way to prove it wrong. It sucks.

People as extreme as these elitists are, they'll just complain that the right elements were not present, and therefore this point is moot?

It's like those idiots who said that Sega should hand Sonic to another developer, and then when they did (Chronicles) they hyped it to a thousand degrees, but then it sold poorly and it sucked (bad). So next time they started saying it wasn't really an RPG which should have been done.

You can't even counter this argument because there's no way to prove it wrong. It sucks.

Sega handing sonic to another developers is not quite the same as Sega getting another developer to make a sonic RPG.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, though.

People who keep complaining about the elitists sure are loud.

I'd be disappointed since I've sported some mild interest in Needlemouse, but I'd move on; I reserve my high expectations for other series. Besides, I'd have no way of playing it.

Hmm...

I'll just take it as the final proof that Sonic Team are too incompetent anymore to make a good game. Then go play something better.

Your hypothetical position is no more falsifiable than my hypothetical position.

Guys who plan to laugh at oldschool people: You do realise that they can do everything the old games did but do it BADLY right? There's nothing wrong with either the old or the new ideas, what it comes down to is the execution, and whether the final product is fun or not.

Me? I'll prolly like it on some level anyway, and I will go onto forums and appropriately discuss what I liked and disliked.

I know that. If anything, I said that I was going to laugh at everyone who over reacts if this games fails. Some people prefer 2D, fine. Some want 3D, fine. I don't care either or because there were awesome and horrible outings in both.

I'm won't laugh at everyone who prefers 2D, or loves it that the game is 2D who, and if they are disappointed, they'll post and move on. That wouldn't be right if I did. Again, I'll be laughing at the fans who over react and scream like howler monkeys. And that go for 3D fans too when another 3D Sonic game pops up. This feud has been going on for far too long and I don't really give a crap about it anymore. I'm a Sonic fan, I like both 2D and 3D gameplay, hated some as well, and that's all I need to know.

Edited by YoshiUnity

Most likely to be disappointed, but not going to whine about it. Though the classic Genesis formula have worked very well on the handhelds from Advance to Rush so there are high odds that it would do well on a console. But it definitely depends on the execution of the gameplay, and if it does fail, just further proves that New ST =/= Old ST (or Old ST >>>>> New ST) and of course, people saying "WTFail Sega. You did the classic formula up so well to this point with the handhelds, but couldn't manage to implement it onto the console which where the formula was originally implemented on in the first place? Eff you, you idiots!" (well, I guess I'd be jumping the bandwagon, but wouldn't be negative or swearing).

Your hypothetical position is no more falsifiable than my hypothetical position.

You and I understand that, but they? I doubt it.

I'm not sure whether I should be happy that this topic has gotten this many posts, or sad that nearly half of them are bickering back and forth (myself included). Why did I come back here again? Must be a personality defect of mine.

I'll just take it as the final proof that Sonic Team are too incompetent anymore to make a good game.

But they did. Like.. a little over a year ago.

:(

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm feeling pretty possitive about Project Needelemouse. I love Sonic games too much to hate one. Sonic 06 was dissapointing but it had some good moments, albeit more bad things than there were good. The artwork seems to be a step in the right direction though for Needlemouse.

Personally I'll be a bit upset due to the hype its been getting but I'll still go back now and then and play it.

Let's just hope they keep thier promise of a 2D, HD, SIDESCROLLING, SONIC ONLY PLATFORMER.

You promised!! *shakes fist at SEGA*

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll cry, get up onto my knees, put my hands in the air and scream "why lord?" at the top of my lungs.

Then I'll play Sonic Adventure 2 and forget that it ever happened.

Then I'll go on SSMB and get badly flamed when I continuously and gratuitously bash the game for being such a piece of shite.

That's what I did with Sonic Unleashed, and that's what I'll do with Needlemouse (providing that it sucks).

I'll cry, get up onto my knees, put my hands in the air and scream "why lord?" at the top of my lungs.

Then I'll play Sonic Adventure 2 and forget that it ever happened.

Then I'll go on SSMB and get badly flamed when I continuously and gratuitously bash the game for being such a piece of shite.

That's what I did with Sonic Unleashed, and that's what I'll do with Needlemouse (providing that it sucks).

You are my brother.

I will delete/shelve it and play something else, probably await whatever the next game is. A game's a game, no point going berserk about it.

I really don't want to change the topic, but there is an underlying question to all of this. What would make Project Needlemouse a terrible game in the first place? Let's say you have a neutral disposition towards the game and it is legitimately bad. What objectively bad things would cause you to hate the game?

One thing that would cause me to hate Needlemouse would be poor level design. I would hate the excessive use of bottomless pits and all of the cheap deaths they cause. I would also dislike barren levels that have no interesting level gimmicks. Please make the levels more interesting than flat barren highways.

I would also hate the wonky movement physics which would make Sonic more difficult to control. Just look at Sonic 1 GBA; despite being a classic Sonic game itself, all it took was the shoddy movement physics to ruin it. I think people often confuse "controls" with movement physics. Controls only define which buttons you use to control the character with. Movement physics, on the other hand, define how the character handles.

Another thing I would hate would be the glitches. The game better not fall apart on me. Sonic better not fall through the floor or something stupid like that. I want to be able to play this game in front of my friends without being embarrassed because of the glitches. Also, if you manage to screw up the camera in a 2D game, I will be really mad.

Finally, I would hate the sudden genre changes. I would hate for my classic Sonic fun to be interrupted by non-Sonic gameplay that simply isn't fun. I don't want to control a giant robot walker, I don't want to go on mandatory item hunts in order to proceed to the next stage, and I don't want anymore padding to get in the way of my regular Sonic gameplay. I just want to play as Sonic in good platforming levels. That's it. Stop throwing in stuff that doesn't work.

Basically, common sense stuff. Stuff I shouldn't even have to tell Sega. Just give us good level design, good movement physics, no glitches, and no sudden genre changes. Then we won't have to entertain the idea of Needlemouse being terrible.

• Thumbs Up 1

This apathetic reaction people are giving worries me. Is that what the sonic fandom has come to, a point where you are so used to bad games it's not a big deal?

Not their fault if the games have been bad for so long.

Oh no I don't mean it's their fault, I just find it disappointing that the games have led to this. People don't want to get excited for this because of how bad things have been.

This apathetic reaction people are giving worries me. Is that what the sonic fandom has come to, a point where you are so used to bad games it's not a big deal?
Would you rather we shriek and fling our poo at each other like deranged chimpanzees?

Honestly I find it a bit refreshing that people aren't equating a bad video game with the apocalypse. This fanbase has enough craziness in it already.

• Thumbs Up 1

Would you rather we shriek and fling our poo at each other like deranged chimpanzees?

Honestly I find it a bit refreshing that people aren't equating a bad video game with the apocalypse. This fanbase has enough craziness in it already.

Why does that have to be the other response? Were talking about Sonic here, was as big as Mario, and now the fanbase is so pessimistic that they half expect a game to be bad, then just write it off.

Edited by Kiljoy

Suffering from RAGE-EXHAUSTION, Dio?

Watch one, then the other. It shall surely replenish your righteous indignation.

God damn Sonic 2 was is the shit :(

My optimism increased!! Until I watched 37 seconds of that other video you posted

Edited by Light